• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I think that is the only light in the darkness right now, we are a fudging mess but effort cannot be a legitimate complaint.

I've given up on understanding managers pressers or what they really are trying to achieve with their messaging, they all go off the deep end with some regularity ..

Dont listen to pressers, pretty pointless as most managers don't want to be there and aren't going to the press anything useful.

Jose needs to think about what he's saying IMO. If you can explain to me what the positive is to stating that the entire Red Bull bench would've been in his starting team is, I am all ears mate.

I am surprised that someone who has been around for so long asks that question mate, Jose has always said things that take the slagging from the team and onto his self ( he has done it every where he has been) and usually its all gonad*s ( as his his latest comment).

Its normal and most fans who do not have a dislike of Jose can see it that way, listen i know you were/are a big fan of Poch and thought he should have been given more time ( so am/did i) but it seems from your posts you never wanted Jose here in the first place and not a fan of his so i get the criticism.

If you can deny what i have said fair enough and i would like to apoligise if i got any of that wrong, to quote you mate " i am all ears".

I am surprised that someone who has been around for so long asks that question mate, Jose has always said things that take the slagging from the team and onto his self ( he has done it every where he has been) and usually its all gonad*s ( as his his latest comment).

Its normal and most fans who do not have a dislike of Jose can see it that way, listen i know you were/are a big fan of Poch and thought he should have been given more time ( so am/did i) but it seems from your posts you never wanted Jose here in the first place and not a fan of his so i get the criticism.

If you can deny what i have said fair enough and i would like to apoligise if i got any of that wrong, to quote you mate " i am all ears".

If that's what he's doing, it's not a good idea because he is slagging the team. He certainly slagged Ndombele at the weekend.

I think sometimes we think players aren't human and they and the manager have some deeper unseen, unknown understanding of what's "really going on". I don't think that's the case. If a player sees a manager talking down the team/squad in the media and see that getting reported across the country, it has to affect morale and it has to affect belief. Mourinho is on very dangerous ground here and he should rein himself in a bit.

If that's what he's doing, it's not a good idea because he is slagging the team. He certainly slagged Ndombele at the weekend.

I think sometimes we think players aren't human and they and the manager have some deeper unseen, unknown understanding of what's "really going on". I don't think that's the case. If a player sees a manager talking down the team/squad in the media and see that getting reported across the country, it has to affect morale and it has to affect belief. Mourinho is on very dangerous ground here and he should rein himself in a bit.

Agree with or not, it's part of his MO, he often picks a high profile player in his squad to make an example .. N'dombele is a very expensive player for us, calling him out sends a message that no one is above call out (same as his much lighter comment about Dele when he got subbed)

Again, not justifying, but he's done it before.

In addition, we have seen what never calling players out gets us .. so who knows what's the right call

Its what he has always done and i see no reason why we should be a special case in this instance. I am not saying i agree or disagree with him doing it, however look at how many trophys he has won so it has worked so far.

Managers work with the players all week every day, as do the coaches.

Then there's the comparatively very small amount of work that's in public. But since that's the only thing we as fans get to watch its importance gets massively overstated.

I would say our season is in a tailspin, but it actuality seems like it's been in a tailspin since before a ball was kicked in August. Mourinho hasn't fixed it yet. So what's to blame? Coincidentally one of the few things we as fans are actually able to watch, his interactions with the press. Every time...

Despite the players seemingly looking motivated.

Managers work with the players all week every day, as do the coaches.

Then there's the comparatively very small amount of work that's in public. But since that's the only thing we as fans get to watch its importance gets massively overstated.

I would say our season is in a tailspin, but it actuality seems like it's been in a tailspin since before a ball was kicked in August. Mourinho hasn't fixed it yet. So what's to blame? Coincidentally one of the few things we as fans are actually able to watch, his interactions with the press. Every time...

Despite the players seemingly looking motivated.
Autumn/Winter 2018 - we've been in a tailspin since then.

Autumn/Winter 2018 - we've been in a tailspin since then.
There have been small periods where we've seemed to stabilize at a reasonable level. Mostly under Mourinho apart from the CL run (wasn't really a period as much as it was those specific games).

Then injuries fudged us over the way they only really can a team struggling for balance, cover and confidence.

He presented himself as "different" yet the truth is he is who he is. I accept that. I also accept that he needs to be backed and given what he wants (something I have consistently said in various threads). But IMO it is not the way to do it. His treatment of Ndombele is not smart IMO. I accept that he is getting paid more money than I will likely see during the
rest of my life in one season to manage the situation because he is an elite manager. I just don't believe in his method or understand it!

No apology necessary my friend, you are right. What I would repeat is that he does need backing as he wants it or he needs to leave next season IMO.

Its what he has always done and i see no reason why we should be a special case in this instance. I am not saying i agree or disagree with him doing it, however look at how many trophys he has won so it has worked so far.

Has he ever done it and it been successful? A lot of the calling out of players (Chelsea squad, Casillas, Pogba, Shaw) happened after he'd had his success at those clubs. From memory, he started doing it once it had turned sour rather inspiring players to deliver trophies.

Even if I'm wrong on that count, does that method work anymore? Is this sort of thing that could be the strongest argument that Jose is yesterday's man. There's been a huge shift in society generally in what people will accept from their manager. Football is no different and I think even Fergie admitted he had to adapt.

I don't think what he said the other night can be in any way positive. I'm still on Jose's side but this sort of stuff is not making it easy.

Has he ever done it and it been successful? A lot of the calling out of players (Chelsea squad, Casillas, Pogba, Shaw) happened after he'd had his success at those clubs. From memory, he started doing it once it had turned sour rather inspiring players to deliver trophies.

Even if I'm wrong on that count, does that method work anymore? Is this sort of thing that could be the strongest argument that Jose is yesterday's man. There's been a huge shift in society generally in what people will accept from their manager. Football is no different and I think even Fergie admitted he had to adapt.

I don't think what he said the other night can be in any way positive. I'm still on Jose's side but this sort of stuff is not making it easy.
I think it’s the sort of thing some managers do and others don’t

im sure ive heard Pep dig out players

https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news...-stars-who-fell-out-with-pep-guardiola/652875

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....o-fell-out-with-pep/pn0o88ufzy5t1igah5zz1y5i1

I think the stadium delay was an enormous factor in that tailspin. Enormous.

If so that just highlights a failing elsewhere, Wembley is a great football stadium, bettered only by ours, it was superior in every way to the old WHL, not coping with that is mental weakness.

I suppose it depends on how folks see it, its not easy but i would think that the MAIN reasons it is not is the number of injurys we have at the moment added to the players who have hit the wall ( so to speak). I have heard a lot of fans who have said this season should be a write off ( not saying you have) but now they are slagging Jose because they do not like the man. Give him the summer and see what changes he can/will make and next season is the time to make a judgement on him.

As i have said a lot of the fans who are on his back are those that do not like Jose and never wanted him here. Sad really.

Last edited:
Back