• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Wife just went to the store (both working from home) and it was absolute madness. The stockpiling of food has begun in Norway.

UEFA calls meeting of European Football Stakeholders

In the light of the ongoing developments in the spread of COVID-19 across Europe and the changing analysis of the World Health Organisation, UEFA has today invited representatives of its 55 member associations, together with the boards of the European Club Association and the European Leagues and a representative of FIFPro, to attend meetings by videoconference on Tuesday 17 March to discuss European football’s response to the outbreak.

Discussions will include all domestic and European competitions, including UEFA EURO 2020.

Further communication will be made following those meetings.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/newsid=2640887.html

Premier League shutting down would affect me personally as a bulk of my work is in football. So I'm selfishly hoping it will continue behind closed doors.

Anyone else noticed similar to my area that the large supermarkets are bereft of loo rolls, pasta, disinfectant etc but then you go to the local shop next door and there is plenty?

There is a lack of clarity. And anyone with a cold will fear the worst!

I've said this before, I can remember a fair few swine flu 'self-declarations' a decade ago, when there was surely no way to be certain (pretty confident the individuals concerned weren't tested). Admittedly this looks like it's shaping up to be much more of an 'event', but I'd imagine there'll be a fair amount of the same thing going on shortly.

Last edited:
Where you based ??

Oslo, Norway. Crisis mode over here now, which is good, albeit a week too late. For the record, I don't think I have it, I reckon I just got a cold, but I work at an institution with a lot of high risk patients, so going to work in this condition isn't an option.

Premier League shutting down would affect me personally as a bulk of my work is in football. So I'm selfishly hoping it will continue behind closed doors.

Anyone else noticed similar to my area that the large supermarkets are bereft of loo rolls, pasta, disinfectant etc but then you go to the local shop next door and there is plenty?
I've noticed a similar difference between types of supermarket. Places like Tesco have been absolutely rinsed for those items, the M&S I was in yesterday was business as usual.

There's a clear class divide between those who do and don't panic IMO.

I've noticed a similar difference between types of supermarket. Places like Tesco have been absolutely rinsed for those items, the M&S I was in yesterday was business as usual.

There's a clear class divide between those who do and don't panic IMO.
Auroraman was refering to Bosphorus News & Off Licence.

The Czech Republic on Thursday declared a 30-day state of emergency and closed its borders to people from 15 "risk countries" to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The government also banned its citizens from entering the so-called risk zones, which include France, Germany and Britain. Gatherings of more than 30 people were also barred in the country, which has so far confirmed 96 cases and no deaths.

We are also banning theatre, music, film and other performances, sports, cultural, religious, community, dancing, traditional events and other meetings,

Restaurants will shutter from between 7pm GMT and 5am GMT and all gyms, swimming pools, clubs and libraries will also be closed to the public. Schools, theatres, cinemas and galleries have already been closed across the Czech Republic.

A politician from Brazil has tested positive.
Relevance : he met with Trump at the weekend.
Trump says he is not concerned.

Symptoms are cited as fever, headache, sore throat, aches and pains, breathing difficulties.
I don't think you get a "cold" as such - e.g sneezing, runny nose etc.
From the advice I've read it's fever, headache, dry cough, aches pains and later on shortness of breath (as it begins to infect the lungs).

No sore throat or snot and gunk which really are the two symptoms of a cold, so strange they keep using that as an indicator of whether you potentially need to take measures or not. Maybe it's just a proxy for generally unwell that the public understand?..and they're trying to keep it simple.

Back