• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Before tonight always admired what Simeone has done ar atletico.
He’s been there long enough time for a change or he’ll go stale like his friend Poch.

Would love his spirit here and if were gonna put up with Jose’s style might as well break the bank for simeone.

He’s a winner and tactically astute.
I’m not sure I could put up with the anti football. I think this is what Jose is trying to build at Spurs.

There you go.. never thought we would have someone like Jose’s anti football here and the sh$$ he brings. Now it’s open season we no longer have those old values and standards.
Might as well bring in the younger one.
We got lucky Poch but Jose is a spent force ready for China or Saudi Arabia as his final destination.

Before tonight always admired what Simeone has done ar atletico.
He’s been there long enough time for a change or he’ll go stale like his friend Poch.

Would love his spirit here and if were gonna put up with Jose’s style might as well break the bank for simeone.

He’s a winner and tactically astute.

He's the highest paid manager in football €43.6m a year.

To much sense in both those posts for some. As i have said there are quite a few Spurs fans who for whatever reason hate Jose and are now getting their digs in and you can not expect the Levy bashers to change no matter what. Some of them were saying a decade back that we would never get anywhere as a club with Levy in charge and look how far we have come since then.

Jose needs to think about what he's saying IMO. If you can explain to me what the positive is to stating that the entire Red Bull bench would've been in his starting team is, I am all ears mate.

Never used too
Hence my comment they played counter attacking
Liverpool have been dominating possession stats for 3 of Klopps 4 years there. Higher possession stats than we had, it's disengenerous to call them purely counter attacking. They are setup very much like how AVB envisioned us and how Poch had us setup for a while as a direct quick transition side, that does not negate the overall possession they have. Liverpool are and have always been a possession dominating side under Klopp as base of their style.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rn-tall-order-tottenham-jose-mourinho-leipzig

We've got bad injury problems at the moment.... but this Mourinho positioning has gone too far. Can't see how this can help the team's morale at the moment?
Thought the players looked motivated and fully trying against Leipzig, it wasn't a lack of effort that cost us. Them taking fairly low probability efforts while we were toothless cost us.

Mourinho rightly praised their attitude after the game.

The simple fact is that with Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sissoko, Sanchez, Davies all injured, Ndombele lacking fitness, Sessegnon just returning from injury and several of our players having played an awful lot of football recently there was a significant gap in quality between us and Leipzig.

If the players will respond well to what Mourinho is saying for the rest of the season remains to be seen. I think his comments can be seen as downplaying expectations and thus protecting our players. I don't think that's wrong in itself in the situation we're in.

Thought the players looked motivated and fully trying against Leipzig, it wasn't a lack of effort that cost us. Them taking fairly low probability efforts while we were toothless cost us.

The simple fact is that with Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Sissoko, Sanchez, Davies all injured, Ndombele lacking fitness, Sessegnon just returning from injury and several of our players having played an awful lot of football recently there was a significant gap in quality between us and Leipzig.

If the players will respond well to what Mourinho is saying for the rest of the season remains to be seen. I think his comments can be seen as downplaying expectations and thus protecting our players. I don't think that's wrong in itself in the situation we're in.
I think the XG score was 1-0 (although I guess that doesn’t include Werner inexplicably going offside for his tap in). On normal viewing 2 or 3 nil looked about the right score for the game.

Also we need to stop the ‘NDombele not fit’ rhetoric. It isn’t that he is unfit, it is that he is disgracefully lazy off the ball.

I think the XG score was 1-0 (although I guess that doesn’t include Werner inexplicably going offside for his tap in). On normal viewing 2 or 3 nil looked about the right score for the game.

Also we need to stop the ‘NDombele not fit’ rhetoric. It isn’t that he is unfit, it is that he is disgracefully lazy off the ball.
Exactly on the xG, and that was with them gaining momentum and confidence from those two goals. It was disappointing, frustrating, but you'd think we'd been outplayed by nobodies going by some of the reactions post match.

On Ndombele I think it's a combination and that the two are linked, perhaps in more ways than one.

I think people need to look at how Pool and City are minus 2 players for a few games, and the media narrative that a side minus 5 or more of it's better players plus supporting ones as well should have some identity/style is fudging ridiculous.

For what it's worth, we only have one thing left to play for, Jose job is to get the team focused on that, stay within touching distance of top 4/6 and hope for the last month we have a few more players available.

That was a 3 nil at least game so xG in this case was gonad*s

Liverpool have been dominating possession stats for 3 of Klopps 4 years there. Higher possession stats than we had, it's disengenerous to call them purely counter attacking. They are setup very much like how AVB envisioned us and how Poch had us setup for a while as a direct quick transition side, that does not negate the overall possession they have. Liverpool are and have always been a possession dominating side under Klopp as base of their style.

I would not call Pool either a possession side or a counter attacking side, both of those are side effects of their style.

Klopp is an upmarket Brendon with a bum rush play style, he started with just long balls to runners (3 up front) that have pace, the improvements have come by adding a more workhorse midfield (that has improved possession stats), then improving the keeper, then the FBs which add a bit more width/crosses to equation. They get possession by virtue that sides have learnt to stay back or be vulnerable to the hoof over the top to runners.

The only similarity with an AVB/Poch style would be the potential to murder you on the transition, possession for possession sake is not something I think Klopp ever thinks about, nor do I think his team ever sets up specifically to counter (fast transitions via hoof achieve it, but again not a system goal)

I really don't buy into Pool/Klopp being a great side, they have had an amazing run with great results, but a bit title Leicester, no real injuries, bit of luck and some supporting players having the best run of their careers at just the right time.

Last edited:
He's the highest paid manager in football €43.6m a year.
Might actually be one of the few that is worth his money as well.... Although unless Atletico save those sorts of performances for when they are playing teams who they perceive as better than them and actually entertain in their other games, I'm not sure I would be happy to have him setting us up like that?

Might actually be one of the few that is worth his money as well.... Although unless Atletico save those sorts of performances for when they are playing teams who they perceive as better than them and actually entertain in their other games, I'm not sure I would be happy to have him setting us up like that?
He is an outstanding coach and manager at that club
He is clearly a prick and a narcissist but he knows how to get the job done
Their a club going through an identity crisis currently and they have gambled on some big money signings, but their biggest issue is keeping Simeone

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rn-tall-order-tottenham-jose-mourinho-leipzig

We've got bad injury problems at the moment.... but this Mourinho positioning has gone too far. Can't see how this can help the team's morale at the moment?

fudging awful thing to say in public. If you're any of the lads in the team or the bench, how would you feel hearing this? Jose at his worst.

That said, the players are busting a nut for him. As bad as recent games have been they are trying.

fudging awful thing to say in public. If you're any of the lads in the team or the bench, how would you feel hearing this? Jose at his worst.

That said, the players are busting a nut for him. As bad as recent games have been they are trying.
It was really really weird comments to say
IMO (people will disagree) they are a team with some quality but mainly they are a team with a real plan and a coached strategy... doesn’t make their individuals better players per se so it’s very odd for Jose to say that.

I think that is the only light in the darkness right now, we are a fudging mess but effort cannot be a legitimate complaint.

I've given up on understanding managers pressers or what they really are trying to achieve with their messaging, they all go off the deep end with some regularity ..

Jose needs to think about what he's saying IMO. If you can explain to me what the positive is to stating that the entire Red Bull bench would've been in his starting team is, I am all ears mate.

The positive is trying to get through to the listeners some degree of understanding/acceptance of our terrible starting position.
I take the point that, in isolation, that comment may not sound great to players.
But, it should not be taken in isolation.
It's just that we have NO idea what he is saying for hours on end in training and private to these same players. We just get a few soundbites on video and/or context-clipped phrases in print, sometimes surrounded/enhanced by journalistic spin.

Back