• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer clear out

Said it before but Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Dele, GLC, Dier (as a CB), Lloris (apart from tonight!) could form the basis of a team which challenges for the title. We also have plenty of squad players.

We 'just' need a RB, LB, 1-2 CBs and a DM for the first 11. £150m?

Also probably need a back-up keeper and back-up CF, but they could easily be cheaper signings

The only ones worth having in the squad are Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Sanchez and maybe Davies. Lamela is a decent option to have.

Lloris stays until we find a new first choice, hopefully we're already tracking some up and coming talent.

Aurier and Rose need to be replaced.

Dier is a liability. He may have the right attitude, but he's too slow. Both in movement and in reacting to danger. With his contract running down we should cash in.

Alderweireld and Vertonghen are finished. Whenever there's danger in our box, Alderweireld is there a split second too late.

Winks is useless. Skipp can take his place as a homegrown player.

Dele won't have the one position he looks good in available if we move towards a 433.

Moura plays with his head down too much. We need someone who will look for his team mates every once in a while instead of trying to run through the entire defense on his own.

Ndombele and Sessegnon could come good, but it's not looking good. Neither adds much at the moment.

If I forgot anyone it's probably because they're crap.

I think people are overly influenced by performances in make shift teams that haven't worked as a cohesive unit. That's rarely going to let players show their best quality.

These evaliations might look very different 6-9 months from now.
Massively
We do need the churn but adding depth in the right places can fix some wrongs so quickly I believe
Said it loads but fix the full backs and things get better quickly
If he wants a DM... buy one
And suddenly we will look more solid
People saying ole has turned a corner at United and it’s took 3 windows and a year.... we don’t need the major investment they did and we have IMO a much better guy in charge
The issue now of course is in football you only as good as your last game

I think people are overly influenced by performances in make shift teams that haven't worked as a cohesive unit. That's rarely going to let players show their best quality.

These evaliations might look very different 6-9 months from now.

Totally agree. Personally I think a right back, holding midfielder and striker puts our squad back in a good-looking position - more than capable of a top 4 finish, domestic cup win and decent CL run next season - if Mourinho can get all players motivated (and fit!) and playing at their best.

Then if the likes of Lloris, Toby, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Davies and Sessegnon haven't been able to step up next season, we can focus on those three positions (GK, CB and LB) the following summer. But personally I suspect that at least a few of them would step up or get back to the required level if part of a cohesive, confident, well-motivated team.

Totally agree. Personally I think a right back, holding midfielder and striker puts our squad back in a good-looking position - more than capable of a top 4 finish, domestic cup win and decent CL run next season - if Mourinho can get all players motivated and playing at their best.

Then if the likes of Lloris, Toby, Sanchez, Dier, Tanganga, Davies and Sessegnon haven't been able to step up next season, we can focus on those three positions (GK, CB and LB) the following summer. But personally I suspect that at least a few of them would step up or get back to the required level if part of a cohesive, confident, well-motivated team.
Fully agree although we have seen form and the negativity follow through into subsequent seasons before at clubs

Fully agree although we have seen form and the negativity follow through into subsequent seasons before at clubs

Absolutely - and I agree there's a risk of that here. Think having better luck with injuries is probably key to avoiding it - probably more important than lots of signings IMO.

Back