• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

There is little in how Gedson has been used to suggest he sees him as a DM (and little in the way he plays). As much as i like him, he's a good midfielder but not a player in the mould of the typical DMs he's used in the past. He's not a 'bruiser' at all.
And we are still leaking chances and now leaking goals. If he saw him as a DM he'd have started yesterday when at the very least we needed to be secure defensively.
I’ve got no idea what he sees Gedson as
As I keep on saying we fans have no idea what he wants other than what he throws into pressers
I fully expect us to want a number of players this summer and I fully expect us to get them too
They may not all be defensive players as it’s possible that he may see another area of priority like the back up striker
But it’s another window and another opportunity to fix the squad at a time when more players ate available that he may want

That is true, but he is far more astute at coaching attacking movements etc than Jose. He certainly would probably deal better with our attacking injuries at present.

Jose has mostly been a counter-attacking and set-piece manager since his stint at Inter
Didn’t he set the goal scoring records at Chelsea and Madrid?

I don't think Jose or poch really think that we have brought in enough for the overhaul that's needed, but was probably considered enough for now.
Injuries and a loss of form have screwed us though.

Didn’t he set the goal scoring records at Chelsea and Madrid?

Yeah, when he had some the best strikers in the world. At Madrid, his game was based on counter-attacking NOT on taking it to the opposition and breaking them down by movement, creativity etc.
From across Europe people have realized that if you park the bus vs Jose and are strong at defending set-pieces you have a very VERY good chance at nullifying him

That is true, but he is far more astute at coaching attacking movements etc than Jose. He certainly would probably deal better with our attacking injuries at present.

Jose has mostly been a counter-attacking and set-piece manager since his stint at Inter

I agree Poch might have coped better but that is an attitude more than tactics. And as outlined his ability to prepare squad or young players to punch above their weight.

Still can't believe Verts and Ndombele were on the bench all game.

I don't think Jose or poch really think that we have bought in enough for the overhaul that's needed, but was probably considered enough for now.
Injuries and a loss of form have screwed us though.
Yep I agree
I’m sure that both thought with a squad with about 9 defenders we should be able to get back to basics
And similarly an attacking qty of a similar number
Neither would have anticipated every player getting injured at least once and sole being out for a third of the season or more

Yeah, when he had some the best strikers in the world. At Madrid, his game was based on counter-attacking NOT on taking it to the opposition and breaking them down by movement, creativity etc.
From across Europe people have realized that if you park the bus vs Jose and are strong at defending set-pieces you have a very VERY good chance at nullifying him
How did his team win the league here at Chelsea second time round?

So basically the system that wolves play and also the system that Liverpool played a lot until recently

I’ve got no idea what he sees Gedson as
As I keep on saying we fans have no idea what he wants other than what he throws into pressers
I fully expect us to want a number of players this summer and I fully expect us to get them too
They may not all be defensive players as it’s possible that he may see another area of priority like the back up striker
But it’s another window and another opportunity to fix the squad at a time when more players ate available that he may want

We've had opportunities to fix issues before. Not fixing them will cost us MORE money than if we'd done small fixes here and there when we were in a strong position. As i say, i don't have much hope especially given what Levy has said at the recent supporters trust meetings

How did his team win the league here at Chelsea second time round?

It's funny because in the end he parked the bus to get that win over the line in 2015, after being fairly decently attacking before that.
That new years day beating we gave him that year to me has meant he just has not been the same. Something changed with him from then and Chelsea fans said so back then too.

So basically the system that wolves play and also the system that Liverpool played a lot until recently

Wolves is fair enough; they haven't got the personel and resources other teams have. And their coach is steeped in that typical way Portuguese coaches play. He is also someone who played under Jose.

Liverpool and Klopp are far more attacking than Jose. No comparison imo and Klopp has moved with the times re tactics. Jose imo has not

I agree Poch might have coped better but that is an attitude more than tactics. And as outlined his ability to prepare squad or young players to punch above their weight.

Still can't believe Verts and Ndombele were on the bench all game.

Attitude is the place to start; you can't become an attacking team if you are meek and/or scared to. Obviously the best balance attack and defence and the best know that sometimes attack can be the best form of defence.

Poch's issues were the little things in those crucial games to win trophies but he was able to march us up the hill to get us there. Of course, in the last few months his attitude seemed to change at least outwardly, but he certainly would not be considered a defensive coach overall (though of course he valued defence and even the defenders he preferred were those who could also be part of how his teams attacked..)

Wolves is fair enough; they haven't got the personel and resources other teams have. And their coach is steeped in that typical way Portuguese coaches play. He is also someone who played under Jose.

Liverpool and Klopp are far more attacking than Jose. No comparison imo and Klopp has moved with the times re tactics. Jose imo has not
Liverpool always tries to suck you in and hit the long counter down the lines for mane and salad. It’s what got them improved and then they had 2 full backs that could play and pass and it added another dimension

It's funny because in the end he parked the bus to get that win over the line in 2015, after being fairly decently attacking before that.
That new years day beating we gave him that year to me has meant he just has not been the same. Something changed with him from then and Chelsea fans said so back then too.
Yet the same team won the league the after the sacked him with virtually the same players that had let their manager down the season before

We've had opportunities to fix issues before. Not fixing them will cost us MORE money than if we'd done small fixes here and there when we were in a strong position. As i say, i don't have much hope especially given what Levy has said at the recent supporters trust meetings
That quote from levy said that we won’t have as much to spend with CL... that’s it and that’s not new news for anyone surely.
People seem to read that as though we have no money to spend but it’s not what he said (I don’t know how much we will spend and wouldn’t want to guess without doing some calcs)
The comment Levy said about spending not correlating to resists he said last year too and I think the year before that

There’s no way that 5-2 changed Mourinho. He’s been bleeding energy, magnetism and capability for a long, long time. It has everything to do with his personality imo.

Liverpool always tries to suck you in and hit the long counter down the lines for mane and salad. It’s what got them improved and then they had 2 full backs that could play and pass and it added another dimension

Yes, and VVD added an ability to play through the middle a bit better. He has a GHod passing range and can launch attacks as well. It's horrible to see how they have evolved whilst we've gone backwards

There’s no way that 5-2 changed Mourinho. He’s been bleeding energy and capability for a long, long time. It has everything to do with his personality imo.
And he did win the league that year and 2 more trophies the season after he got binned

what I don’t find funny is how many players leave that he brings in once he goes? Not many at any club that I can think of

similarly none that have played for him that I can remember have dug him out as a manager

Exactly - says a lot about Jose and his methods doesn't it? Ditto the Man utd improvements after he left
United are lower now than than they were in his final season

and it shows how players are more accountable than the manager doesn’t it as they could perform but chose not too

Back