• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I know people mock Sissoko, but this is Mourinho's Spurs record before and after his injury.

Before injury
P - 11
W - 6
D - 1
L - 4
Win percentage - 55%

After injury
P - 13
W - 5
D - 4
L - 6
Win percentage - 37%

I realise we have other injuries, however we are certainly conceding more and looking more frail defensively since Sissoko has been out of the team.

I know Scara mocks Sissoko, but this is Mourinho's Spurs record before and after his injury.

Before injury
P - 11
W - 6
D - 1
L - 4
Win percentage - 55%

After injury
P - 13
W - 5
D - 4
L - 6
Win percentage - 37%

I realise we have other injuries, however we are certainly conceding more and looking more frail defensively since Sissoko has been out of the team.

Fixed. I think most folks at least appreciate that he's the most solid midfielder we have right now.

I know people mock Sissoko, but this is Mourinho's Spurs record before and after his injury.

Before injury
P - 11
W - 6
D - 1
L - 4
Win percentage - 55%

After injury
P - 13
W - 5
D - 4
L - 6
Win percentage - 37%

What's Mourinho's record in months that end "er" Vs ones that don't?

fudging hell! There's something magic about months that end in "er"

Before injury
P - 11
W - 6
D - 1
L - 4
Win percentage - 55%

After injury
P - 13
W - 5
D - 4
L - 6
Win percentage - 37%

Kane and Son's injuries are far more relevant. Immediately following his injury or form picked up, it nose dived again once Son got his injury.

Kane and Son's injuries are far more relevant. Immediately following his injury or form picked up, it nose dived again once Son got his injury.

The 6 games before his injury

Draw against Norwich
Win against Brighton
Loss against Chelsea
Win against Wolves
Loss against Bayern
Win against Burnley

The 6 games following his injury.

Draw against Middlesbrough
Loss against Liverpool
Win against Middlesbrough
Draw against Watford
Win against Norwich
Draw against Southampton

I'd hardly call that an example of 'form picking up'.

The 6 games before his injury

Draw against Norwich
Win against Brighton
Loss against Chelsea
Win against Wolves
Loss against Bayern
Win against Burnley

The 6 games following his injury.

Draw against Middlesbrough
Loss against Liverpool
Win against Middlesbrough
Draw against Watford
Win against Norwich
Draw against Southampton

I'd hardly call that an example of 'form picking up'.

We played well, against Liverpool Norwich and Southampton despite the results far better in fact than all the previous 6 perfomances you listed. You also miss out the next 2 matches that we won City and Villa with Son after which point due to Son's injury our form dropped off again.

You're also missing the point of form is related to the Son and Kane injuries NOT Sissoko. Put Sissoko in this team while missing Kane AND Son and the results would have gone the same exact way, if not worse. We would not have beaten City and probably would have lost to Villa.

I dunno. The 5-0 belting of Burnley was a pretty good performance from recollection?

You're making massive assumptions by saying we 'wouldn't have beaten City and probably lost to Villa'. How on earth can you make such claims, particularly based on how utterly godawful our current midfield looks?

I dunno. The 5-0 belting of Burnley was a pretty good performance from recollection?

You're making massive assumptions by saying we 'wouldn't have beaten City and probably lost to Villa'. How on earth can you make such claims, particularly based on how utterly godawful our current midfield looks?
Because if Sissok had been present one of those midfielders who contributed to the goals would have been absent and we all know Sissoko would not compensate in an offense sense.

Our form and performances had literally started to coalasce into a cohesive system and then boom Son got injured.

But look if you want to think that Sissoko has become a better player in his injury enforced absence more power to you. [emoji2379]

Mate, even the game we won against Emirates Marketing Project we were getting smashed. Think it was something like 70% possession to them (down to 10 men) and 19 shots to 3. Southampton played us off the pitch and GHod only knows how we won.

But I feel I need to just clarify what I said in my original post. We are looking more frail defensively since Sissoko has been out of the team. I think it's clear that having both Son and Kane injured is a massive disruption, offensively. However, I stand by what I say that I think our midfield (and consequently defence) would be stronger with Sissoko in the team.

Mate, even the game we won against Emirates Marketing Project we were getting smashed. Think it was something like 70% possession to them (down to 10 men) and 19 shots to 3. Southampton played us off the pitch and GHod only knows how we won.

But I feel I need to just clarify what I said in my original post. We are looking more frail defensively since Sissoko has been out of the team. I think it's clear that having both Son and Kane injured is a massive disruption, offensively. However, I stand by what I say that I think our midfield (and consequently defence) would be stronger with Sissoko in the team.
We'll agree to disagree. Our defence was shoddy with Sissoko present and it's been shoddy with him absent interestingly we have actually kept more clean sheets in his absence.

I would hazard a bet that we are conceding no more shots on goal with his present or not. I don't have access to easy to xg but I'm fairly certain Sissoko's absence Is immaterial to that statistic.

Back