• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

We need to be patient and so does jose. I remember when Jose fell out with Robben saying he was lazy, not tracking back etc etc. Although a Chelski player, admired him and he was the best player in his position in the league.

Some players are just not that way inclined ala Berbatov.

You sense that Jose deliberately picks on one player to place under the bus in order to get a message through to the rest. Make sure you keep to the script or you'll be next.

Machiavellian perhaps, but given his trophy cabinet it seems to work.

You sense that Jose deliberately picks on one player to place under the bus in order to get a message through to the rest. Make sure you keep to the script or you'll be next.

I don’t remember him singling out a player at Madrid or Inter but obviously the news there wouldn’t have necessarily landed here

Chelsea second time he flagged up the whole team which TBF seeing the level they achieved a year later was fair

At United it was shaw who actually improved but I still don’t see the WC full back that people think is in there

here it’s Tanguy but you cannot argue the talent isn’t there... but the effort is soooo far away

It doesn't really work though. I don't recall him doing it first time around at Chelsea. By the time he did it second time around, he'd lost the dressing room and was close to the exit door and it was similar at United from what I recall.

It's a very, very dangerous game to play because people don't generally respond well to it. If my manager slated me in public, I wouldn't be impressed and I'd look for a way out especially if he didn't have the decency to pull me aside first (which maybe Jose has done). That these lads earn millions doesn't make them any less susceptible to that resentment. They're still human.

The only mitigating factor here for Jose is that Ndombele clearly isn't putting it in. You can see it in his application on the pitch and you can see it in his conditioning. That's different to just not playing well and maybe going public will set the standard for the rest. I'd still rather Jose did it in private (and in front of the squad if he felt he had to do something "publicly").

What he's done with Ndombele is very, very risky and I think it could finish him here as a player. The upside might be that the rest of the squad get behind Jose even more rather than siding with the player because they're equally as frustrated with Ndombele.

Forum users a week ago: Jose needs to stop pussy footing around a dig out some players who aren't stepping up.
Forum users today: I can't believe Jose singled out Tanguy for criticism like that. So unfair.

For the record, I said last week that if Jose did single out players for criticism then fans would get on him for it, even though at the time they wanted it.

Forum users a week ago: Jose needs to stop pussy footing around a dig out some players who aren't stepping up.
Forum users today: I can't believe Jose singled out Tanguy for criticism like that. So unfair.

For the record, I said last week that if Jose did single out players for criticism then fans would get on him for it, even though at the time they wanted it.
Hardly a case of Nastradamus eat your heart out.

Bear in mind that the forum and fanbase aren’t a single entity - they’re made up of thousands of individuals, all with different views - could be that half the board think he should publicly criticise players, and half think he shouldn’t.

Bear in mind that the forum and fanbase aren’t a single entity - they’re made up of thousands of individuals, all with different views - could be that half the board think he should publicly criticise players, and half think he shouldn’t.

Exactly. Unless you find one or more posters who have taken both positions, the observation is pretty worthless beyond saying a manager can't please all of the fans all of the time.

But that goes without saying.

Read some stuff on Twitter today (perhaps tongue in cheek) that Jose may have put him in the team in a 2 man midfield with a 19 year old youth team graduate in order to maybe show him in a bad light. Now, I'd like to think that's not the case, but its questionable management at best - which I pointed out in the match day thread.

How is the above a good decision from Jose? and is what we are seeing now mainly the usual deflection?

Read some stuff on Twitter today (perhaps tongue in cheek) that Jose may have put him in the team in a 2 man midfield with a 19 year old youth team graduate in order to maybe show him in a bad light. Now, I'd like to think that's not the case, but its questionable management at best - which I pointed out in the match day thread.

How is the above a good decision from Jose? and is what we are seeing now mainly the usual deflection?
It’s someone’s opinion
I think it’s gonad*s myself but who knows

It's definitely that and not rotating ahead of an important CL game :rolleyes:

If it was unfair to anyone I think it was unfair to Skipp. He's significantly younger, much less experienced, even has less PL experience at this point.

I think it was a case of lack of options and giving Ndombele a chance to prove himself. A chance he failed to take.

Mourinho is in a really tough spot with this squad right now. Injuries, fitness issues, poor form, matches coming quickly, players having to play too much. The extra time against Norwich on top of that. He really had very few options, and asked Ndombele to do a job, I don't think that's too much to ask of him.

Surely you are not taking any notice what some wanabee say on T wa t t er.

Last edited:
It's definitely that and not rotating ahead of an important CL game :rolleyes:

When I said, how is the above a good decision, I was referring to simply putting out that 2 man midfield of youngster and player trying to find feet. Not the Twitter comment.

Back