• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Massively
And a team with no strikers
Missing so many players
And games coming thick and fast
But players should settle instantly because it’s a bunch of roses at Tottenham

Agree with that. But there is simply no excuse whatsoever with not putting in the hard yards.

You can choose to ignore what everyone involved in football was saying at the time if you like, but it was seen as a huge coup us getting him

You've heard the expression "sold a pup". This guy seriously needs an attitude lobotomy.

I’m annoyed with Jose for the first half team and tactical set yet again!
Sanchez looked dreadful
Tanganga was all over the place!
Why? Imho Jose! Trying to be too clever!
I’ve all but given up on NDombele.

Speed is the most obvious one, he's also strong. He's been our best centre back this season. Is he as good as Verts or Alderweireld of a couple of seasons ago, obviously not but there are far bigger priorities when it comes to upgrades.
Speed yes when he doesn’t have to turn
Strength no or if he does he doesn’t know how to use it.
Like I’ve said elsewhere he was starting to look competent defensively under Mourinho, negating his weakness on the ball but today he lost a barge trying to secure a goal kick in the manner only he can and it affected his decision making afterwards. I do think the entire defense is a priority in the summer but in terms of Centre back all 3 had iffy moments today, Foyth is as good as gone and I’d be surprised if Jan gets a new deal. I’m seriously wondering if Mourinho is regretting the new deal he approved for Toby he is regressing fast.

Based on one player struggling in his first season when the whole team is a mess. Have you considered that you were saying the same about Lo Celso three months ago?

Lo Celso has done what Jose was trying get NDombele to do with his correct criticism today!
Yes I was harsh on GLC at first and as I hopped I might be, I was wrong!

Lo Celso has done what Jose was trying get NDombele to do with his correct criticism today!
Yes I was harsh on GLC at first and as I hopped I might be, I was wrong!
But CLC is playing in a foreign country for the 4th time and has been through the “failings” before at PSG (they didn’t rate him)
Ndom plays so much within himself currently he has to be given time

I'm not convinced we have been. If we have, then there was a queue of clubs behind us waiting to make the same mistake.

That's just hearsay nonsense. They were used to bid his price up. If they had really wanted him they would have blown us out of the water with their financial muscle. We all hope he comes good, but the signs aren't promising.

Ndombele looked better under Poch. He still struggled with fitness and playing two games in a row but he was certainly more influential. He is obviously a magnificent talent but needs careful management. Given that he has only been here for a season, throwing him under the bus now, is not the best idea imo.

It's rarely the right approach to do this. But I'm interested to see how it turns out. The lad is clearly not putting it in in a way I've seen from few professionals. If he was just playing brick it'd be harsh to dig him out in public. He could lose the other players who will be thinking "Am I next?"

But if this is what it looks like, I'd imagine the players are tinkled at his attitude too and this might be welcomed as a "he's not going to allow us to tinkle about."

It'll be interesting to see how it works out not just with Ndombele but with the rest of the squad too.
Sounds like Dele is joining Mourinho in calling out Ndombele for coasting!

That's just hearsay nonsense. They were used to bid his price up. If they had really wanted him they would have blown us out of the water with their financial muscle. We all hope he comes good, but the signs aren't promising.

Personally I think the signs are promising that in his recent cameos (yesterday aside) he has looked good.

The but is the fluctuations in his fitness which is holding him back and its interesting to read people at the club calling him out on his attitude, as that will no doubt be behind his conditioning problems.

He looked very good and quite lean when he played 90 minutes away to norwich around xmas time.

Its very disappointing that he hasnt kicked on since then, with his weight apparently fluctuating since.

I think all these comments will help come pre season and a fresh start for him. I hope he will use it to reboot and change his approach to fitness and work rate.

Its a shame that is even needed as we all thought we had signed a ready made beast but it would seem we are only going to get that player if he fixes up.

Can only hope he does just that.

i almost turned off at HT, point at Burnley these days is not to be sneezed at, we fought hard in the second half, one swallow doesn't make a summer but haven't seen that for a while.

Ndombele wasn’t at the races but heaping all the blame on him is pathetic. We were outnumbered in midfield. We had a different setup (5 at the back) with different players each game. Mourinho should take the pressure off Ndombele if he has to rotate and change things. Let’s hope Mourinho can get Ndombele confident and developing. Because he’s got a Sissoko-like monkey on his back now. Coming into a new setup without regular games he needs to get his defensive positioning right first off. And just keep it simple until space opens up for him.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

i almost turned off at HT, point at Burnley these days is not to be sneezed at, we fought hard in the second half, one swallow doesn't make a summer but haven't seen that for a while.

Agree. The starting team yesterday was bonkers, five centre backs ffs. I appreciate that JM may have trying to keep players fresh for Leipzig, but we probably would have won that game if Gio and Lucas had started.

Back