• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He had one really good PL season (2016/17) the rest has been pretty average for an attacking player. The trajectory is downward.

2019/20: 21-7g-3a
2018/19: 25-5g-3a
2017/18: 36-9g-11a
2016/17: 37-18g-9a
2016/15: 33-10g-9a

Anyway this is the Harry Kane thread, but I think it's absolutely fair he be under scrutiny at the moment.

It's fair he's under scrutiny and that his performances get questioned. I thought he was absolutely pathetic against Norwich. But I'll cut him some slack because he's being played out of position and in a team that is struggling. I don't think it's fair that he gets written off.

He is on a downward trend but I'm sure you could argue Kane is too. So are the team as a whole. The lad is early 20s. He hasn't peaked yet. He doesn't rely on pace like a Michael Owen. He hasn't been damaged by injuries. Therefore he still has the talent and I firmly believe it will come back out.

The ‘mask’ goal. A wonderful moment. I still get an adrenalin rush watching that.
The sharp eyed might just notice the bloke running the length of the pitch (as the camera pans round the players celebrating by the corner flag, to face upfield, you just get a glimpse of him, beyond the linesman).
He was in front of me in block 30 (shelfside, near corner with PL). He jumped onto the pitch, looked kind of surprised that he was even there (I think it was just an instinct reaction). No stewards were taking any notice so he turned and ran. From another clip I saw at the time I think he made it all the way down to the players before getting taken away. I always wondered what happened to him and (despite knowing you can’t condone fans running onto the pitch) hope he didn’t get punished too harshly. That goal was such a joyous moment, wonderfully reflected in his reaction.

Oh how we're missing Harry now.

Him and Sonny, they are what Tottenham is all about.

They are so important, to have one missing is bad enough to have both out is sheer bad luck and killing us

Imagine City without Sterling and Aguero
Liverpool without Mane and Salah.

They are so important I am struggling to see us win a game until at least one returns

They are so important, to have one missing is bad enough to have both out is sheer bad luck and killing us

Imagine City without Sterling and Aguero
Liverpool without Mane and Salad.

They are so important I am struggling to see us win a game until at least one returns

Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 last season without Salah and Firmino and with Robertson going off at half time.

We're actually still scoring as well, despite those 2 being out. Not always that highly of course but we still scored vs Burnley, we still scored vs Norwich and we still scored vs Wolves (twice).

There are very few defensive injuries and, realistically, not that many midfield injuries either, besides N'dombele's aversion to doing any work.

So why on earth are we still so appalling crap at the back?

Of course we'll improve once they're back, any team would.

But the problems are much deeper than those two unfortunately.

Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 last season without Salad and Firmino and with Robertson going off at half time.

We're actually still scoring as well, despite those 2 being out. Not always that highly of course but we still scored vs Burnley, we still scored vs Norwich and we still scored vs Wolves (twice).

There are very few defensive injuries and, realistically, not that many midfield injuries either, besides N'dombele's aversion to doing any work.

We were conceding ridiculous goals last season as well, its the CM/spine for me - we dont have a DM - Granted Dier is coming back, but he is still hit and miss.

Our CBs are error prone, Sanchez/Toby have a mistake into them and Jan looks like he is finished at the top level.

We were conceding ridiculous goals last season as well, its the CM/spine for me - we dont have a DM - Granted Dier is coming back, but he is still hit and miss.

Our CBs are error prone, Sanchez/Toby have a mistake into them and Jan looks like he is finished at the top level.
Said it a million times
The best DM in the world can’t cover for keeper errors, CB errors and FBs getting skinned or giving away penalties
Our CM without a holder dominated wolves for example... but doesn’t help when the defence concedes like it did
Buying a a quality DM would be great but we have to fix the FBs who are our weakest point

i guess the other view is that kane, son and eriksen have been carrying the attack for a long while now.
the rest of the team seriously lacks quality.

unfortunately dele doesn't belong in that group.

Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 last season without Salad and Firmino and with Robertson going off at half time.

All very true but are we scoring as many without HK and Son?

I take your point but I wasn't just thinking about the goals from Harry and Sonny that we're missing.

I'm also talking about the overall entertainment value they bring, their brilliant quality on the ball, the extra hope and belief they bring to me as a watching fan.

I pine for those wonderful inch-perfect cross-field passes from Kane that create openings for others out of nothing, those thrilling runs from Sonny that often leave defenders in his wake, the way their very presence lifts others around them, notably Dele. Above all the sheer joy of watching Spurs when those two are present up front.

I cannot wait to see them both back and firing on all cylinders, when I can start once again to believe that all things are at least possible, especially now that we also have the outstanding Lo Celso, the extra promise of Stevie B and Gedson, plus dare I hope by then a fully-fit and in-form Tanguy Ndombele to help create the openings and bolster our midfield.

The ‘mask’ goal. A wonderful moment. I still get an adrenalin rush watching that.
The sharp eyed might just notice the bloke running the length of the pitch (as the camera pans round the players celebrating by the corner flag, to face upfield, you just get a glimpse of him, beyond the linesman).
He was in front of me in block 30 (shelfside, near corner with PL). He jumped onto the pitch, looked kind of surprised that he was even there (I think it was just an instinct reaction). No stewards were taking any notice so he turned and ran. From another clip I saw at the time I think he made it all the way down to the players before getting taken away. I always wondered what happened to him and (despite knowing you can’t condone fans running onto the pitch) hope he didn’t get punished too harshly. That goal was such a joyous moment, wonderfully reflected in his reaction.

Have exactly the same memory. Was in the shelf that day and he was next to me. The goal went in, scenes in the crowd, I turned around and he was gone.

He did make it all the way to the players and joined in the bundle. Probably the happiest moment I've ever had supporting Tottenham. For the briefest of moments we were on top of the world.

Two more weeks?

Hmm they’ll need to be careful as a competitive match is a whole different world but it does show that it would appear its practically healed.

I would guess in two weeks he may be ready for full training and then the earliest game he could feature in (as long as all goes well) would be sheffield united away in early April.

Hmm they’ll need to be careful as a competitive match is a whole different world but it does show that it would appear its practically healed.

I would guess in two weeks he may be ready for full training and then the earliest game he could feature in (as long as all goes well) would be sheffield united away in early April.
I think his aim has always been that game

Agreed. I've always thought that that seemed like a realistic aim for him, and was hoping that we'd still be vaguely in tough at that point. Sunday against Man U is looking like (another) big game for us....shame that we haven't done well in the last few

Back