• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Agreed, then we would have moved on to our next target. But at the moment, we've paid a huge fee (for us) for someone who may not make it. For £63m, we should be getting someone without that risk
I’d love to know what we have actually paid as that fee will be performance related

I think he will be sold this summer.
We get Mr Blobby, United get Bruno Fernandes for roughly the same price.

Agreed, then we would have moved on to our next target. But at the moment, we've paid a huge fee (for us) for someone who may not make it. For £63m, we should be getting someone without that risk

That fee is huge for any club. I think it was more £53 million without any bonuses (which at this rate, we're certainly not hitting this season).

He's in the top 50 largest transfers of all time.

We need to do everything we can to make this transfer work really.

Seeing as there were concerns about his attitude even before we bought him, I assume either our scouting is abysmal or we thought there was a high chance of turning him around.

There's no such thing as a transfer without risk

Of course there isn't. But, going back to where this started, the risk which I was discussing with someone else was that we were buying someone with raw talent, and then having to turn that into a player. And then there's the other risks inherent with any transfer - player settling at the new club/country, adapting to a new team's systems etc etc etc

Of course there isn't. But, going back to where this started, the risk which I was discussing with someone else was that we were buying someone with raw talent, and then having to turn that into a player. And then there's the other risks inherent with any transfer - player settling at the new club/country, adapting to a new team's systems etc etc etc

I think that he will always be raw. He's a street footballer and I don't think that can be coached out of him, much like Dele. The question is whether we can improve his work rate and find a role for a very talented but mercurial player. I can't think of many players like that who have thrived under Mourinho, maybe Joe Cole is the closest.

Agreed, its the effort which is the most unacceptable thing. I accept what some others say about his fitness not being up to scratch, but he could at least try. I'd rather have him busting a gut and then needs to come off at HT if he's flat out on his feet due to lack of fitness, rather than him casually strolling around and us having to sub him because we're in effect playing with 10 men
And that's a warning in itself.

We could train him to ironman triathlete levels but it won't make a jot of difference if what is between his ears doesn't change.

I've always said it's a mental/mindset issue with him and that can be the most difficult thing to change. Although there were warnings of this pre transfer. But we rolled the dice.

By all reports Ndombele has had it easy as he has come up thru the levels as he had ridiculous talent. The problem is when the levels catch up with you the impact of all that you didn't think necessary to learn on the way up, comes home to roost.

By all reports Ndombele has had it easy as he has come up thru the levels as he had ridiculous talent. The problem is when the levels catch up with you the impact of all that you didn't think necessary to learn on the way up, comes home to roost.

I don't think it's true to say he had it easy, he wasn't given a contract after being a youth player and came through the lower leagues in France.

I don't think it's true to say he had it easy, he wasn't given a contract after being a youth player and came through the lower leagues in France.
Yeah it’s the opposite of what was said
And maybe that lack of coaching and development is catching up

Yeah it’s the opposite of what was said
And maybe that lack of coaching and development is catching up

I think that certainly helps explain his looseness and unpredictability but I think that he would have lost a lot of what he is best at if he had been coached more intensively. I think that there are good reasons to think that Mourinho might not be a manager who can get the best of him.

You are such a negative drama queen! You don't simply totally dismiss a player after 2/3 of a season, especially a player coming in from a foreign league.

You do when the player doesn’t even run for the ball and that has nothing all to do with what country or league they come from!

Just look at how long it too sissoko to get up to speed

But he ran! He tried. He never gives up! That’s why I love a trier, like Sissoko and Dele!
NDombele just needs show heart and commitment for starters!
Mourinho was not helping yesterday with his smart ass setup for the first half!
We will ALL hope NDombele turns it round but all this new player from another country rubbish is tiresome!

But he ran! He tried. He never gives up! That’s why I love a trier, like Sissoko and Dele!
NDombele just needs show heart and commitment for starters!
Mourinho was not helping yesterday with his smart ass setup for the first half!
We will ALL hope NDombele turns it round but all this new player from another country rubbish is tiresome!
Tanguy has more footballing ability than sissoko by a looong way and that’s the key

Back