• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about doing your own thinking and not jumping on NDombele because Mourinho has decided he was the spacegoat.

If Mourinho came on TV in a post match interview and said we should play in red from now on half of you would be right behind him.

Own thinking?

I called him out during the game and previously for being a shambolic professional currently.

What’s wrong with being behind the manager?

Not being over 30 is the only one I can think of

Speed is the most obvious one, he's also strong. He's been our best centre back this season. Is he as good as Verts or Alderweireld of a couple of seasons ago, obviously not but there are far bigger priorities when it comes to upgrades.

Horses for courses isn't it, he has other strengths that our other options lack? My guess is that he didn't play against too many Burnley's when he was coming through in Columbia.

He’s played against a few over the last three seasons though. You’d hope he might be learning how to deal with them by now.

I was thinking last night how much it must impact on the rest of the team seeing Ndombele act like he’s only half interested. If he is really one of our top earners, the other players can’t be impressed and may question their own motivation if they are paid less then someone who barely turns up.

From the Ndombele thread. Relevant here.

Is that what Jose said - an answer to the post above - or your opinion?

No worries mate, that was my opinion (had not seen your question)...

Jose basically said that some needed to understand this is the Prem, this is Burnley and that hopefully they have learnt from today so as next season they can make a contribution! I don't disagree with him -let's face it, Ndombele was so fudging lazy today it hurt my eyes- but I'd keep it in-house myself.

Jack Clarke was the biggest waste of time. Can’t even get in to play regularly in the Championship, doubt he will make any impact with us in future.

Back