• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That second half was the best that we have played in a while. There have been glimpses of where we could be going these last couple of games but like the rest of this season, we need to cut out the stupid mistakes.

Head it AWAY - not straight to their forward on the edge of the penalty area. Scoolboy defending.
And how far do you think a human being can head a crossed ball at 90 degrees to its angle when the ball coming in is at low pace and they don't have a run up?

I don't think Dier was far off the limit there

Ummm, surely it does create a goal scoring opportunity as they scored 2.5 seconds later.

Best I've seen from Alli for a while. Lo Celso, Moura and Dier all very good as well.

Just need to cut out these mistakes. Even at half time a couple of us said the performance wasn't as bad as being made out and could go up a notch and it did.

Looks like the manager is starting to see that he can't trust this defence and we have to be on the front foot. Issue being we're so done physically we can't keep it up for 90 minutes.

Toby and Sanchez very poor again. Would like to see Tanganga a run at CB rather than as FB.
Find out if he is good enough to play there long term and save us on having to buy another CB.

Dier is improving with every game, hopefully getting back to the player he was two-three years ago.

And how far do you think a human being can head a crossed ball at 90 degrees to its angle when the ball coming in is at low pace and they don't have a run up?

Sorry it's just appalling defending. The one thing any schoolboy learns is don't head it back into the danger area.

If you can't head it properly out of danger, just flick it off the pitch.

The other players all do this as well though, stupid headers to onrushing midfielders.

And don't get me started on Lloris palming the ball down for Wood to tap in... he couldn't have given him a better chance if he tried, the idiot.

Sorry it's just appalling defending. The one thing any schoolboy learns is don't head it back into the danger area.
Where isn't the danger area when you're on your own 6 yard box and heading the ball?

In that position you head the ball out and you head it as far as you can - that's what Dier did. If we fail to win the second ball and fail to close the shooter, that's not on him.

If you can't head it properly out of danger, just flick it off the pitch.

The other players all do this as well though, stupid headers to onrushing midfielders.

And don't get me started on Lloris palming the ball down for Wood to tap in... he couldn't have given him a better chance if he tried, the idiot.
Have you seen us defending corners?

I'd rather he headed it at the goal than out for a corner.

Back