• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thanks.

Whilst I'm in no doubt these conversations/mandates are regularly discussed and set out by board's, I'm surprised Mourinho has opted to out it like this.

Maybe some self preservation for when he plays a weaker team in one of the games mixed with standard deflection. Possibly even angling that they have left him in this situation so can now decide which way to go.

He's definitely just trying to manage expectations with those comments, given that we could easily lose both of them.

We almost have enough players to play different 11s in each game, though inevitably they would be weaker. Personally I'd prioritise Burnley given we still have a chance of making CL next year, whereas even if we send our best available 11 to Leipzig it might still not be enough to overturn the 1-0 deficit

He's definitely just trying to manage expectations with those comments, given that we could easily lose both of them.

We almost have enough players to play different 11s in each game, though inevitably they would be weaker. Personally I'd prioritise Burnley given we still have a chance of making CL next year, whereas even if we send our best available 11 to Leipzig it might still not be enough to overturn the 1-0 deficit

Inclined to agree. Also, if we did overcome Leipzig, what then?

Fairly certain his mandate from the board is top 4 rather then CL win.

Back 5 again.....it worked so well v Chelsea after all.

Aurier, Winks and GLC rested for Leipzig it seems

I think he's just mixed and matched it. If he was prioritising Leipzig, Bergwijn and Dele wouldnt be playing

He cant leave them all out.

Moura
Aurier
GLC
Winks

All missing.

They are probably the 2 he thinks will recover the quickest from the midfield/forward set.

The fact Skipp, Ndom and Lamela are all starting pretty much tells you what you need to know.

It could be 4-2-3-1 with Dier partnering Skipp in midfield

Perhaps, though that then forces Dele or Ndombele out wider. I'd be surprised if Dier is moved back into CM given he's looked a lot better recently at CB. Having said that, being surprised is pretty normal with our line-ups at the moment

Back