• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Yes numbers are low at moment and fingers crossed they stay so.

I know an ITC Nurse I asked is the NHS ready for this sort of outbreak , She said they are calm but knows there’s not enough ITC beds or Nurses if the numbers are high.

That I imagine is why they are taking it seriously

The NHS will also be supplemented by the Armed Forces medical apparatus and the emergency medic services

The NHS will also be supplemented by the Armed Forces medical apparatus and the emergency medic services
im working with the MOD currently and because i hold a senior rank as a civilian I have to report daily on various points on Corona Virus. Their treating it as a very very high emergency risk
I’m recovering from pneumonia and they won’t let me travel anywhere... I’m working via con calls

im working with the MOD currently and because i hold a senior rank as a civilian I have to report daily on various points on Corona Virus. Their treating it as a very very high emergency risk
I’m recovering from pneumonia and they won’t let me travel anywhere... I’m working via con calls

Are...are you...the reason why they've postponed the Bond movie? :eek:

Yeah but there information out there saying that you can contract it more than once... possibly due to a mutation that the times I think have recently reported on.

If correct ( and I'm so far away from being an expert it's a joke that I would even comment on it) then the steep decline in the red wont happen... it will increase.

Some one tell me I'm wrong (which in fairness is probably the case)

Yeah but there information out there saying that you can contract it more than once... possibly due to a mutation that the times I think have recently reported on.

If correct ( and I'm so far away from being an expert it's a joke that I would even comment on it) then the steep decline in the red wont happen... it will increase.

Some one tell me I'm wrong (which in fairness is probably the case)

I don't think that there are any credible accounts of someone catching it twice and it certainly isn't widespread. There are also very different approaches to testing being taken in different countries, so it is possible that someone had seasonal flu or a heavy cold in one instance.

Reactions: DTA
Sensationalism this year = big budget next year

Covid-19 is a threat but so is causing mass panic
Without wanting to sound too foil hat - it has come at a time when most major Govts are looking for lack of scrutiny and have normalising "look the other way" on a small scale for a few years.

The overall mortality rate looks like being just under 1%. That 1% is likely to lean heavily towards those in their late 70s, and in their 80s and 90s who already have a number of pre-existing breathing and heart conditions.

I still don’t get the media-induced mass panic.

The overall mortality rate looks like being just under 1%. That 1% is likely to lean heavily towards those in their late 70s, and in their 80s and 90s who already have a number of pre-existing breathing and heart conditions.

I still don’t get the media-induced mass panic.
Mortality rates in countries with comparable health systems to the UK seem to be low still.

Mortality rates in countries with comparable health systems to the UK seem to be low still.

Yip. Could end up being pretty similar to normal flu. Which makes you wonder why Sky News don’t run a nightly one hour virus report every winter. And why the great British public don’t stockpile arsewipe every January. :rolleyes:

People stealing hand sanitiser from hospitals.
clams.

Someone stole the hand sanitizer from the women's bathroon at my work place. We’re less than 30 employees.

I'm just waiting for Hercule Poirot to wander in and round us up in the big meeting room.

Back