• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Norwich FA Cup ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is still a pretty amazing season when i take it into context with all the spurs I've had the pleasure to live through. we used to be really brick. now we're sad we're not elite.it's not great but still - it could be worse.
Scariest thing is that it’s all being filmed....

Okay... so it's season over now. I can't see us winning another game until we get one of strikers back. The only thing I don't get is why, as soon as we get the lead, we invite a pressure that we obviously can't handle. We let goals in regardless so we might as well try and control the game, the way we did until Verthongen scored.

Also, on a side note, I absolutely can't understand why people voted for Skipp as man of the man. What I saw is a young and energetic player running around like a headless chicken with little awareness of what goes on around him, a mediocre first touch and who needlessly gave possession away on a couple of occasions. Then again, the game was so frustrating that my comments are probably a bit rash but even if we'd won, he's the last player I'd thought of as man of the man.

It's a very sad season by anyone's standard but our ridiculous attempts at squad building had to caught up with us sooner or later. Overhaul or no overhaul, let's hope we get that right in the summer, but first, we have three months of humiliation after humiliation to look forward to.

As I said in November, we lost the soul of the club when we sacked it. IMO.

Sorry no. It was our recruitment policy that was to blame imo. You simply cannot absolve Poch from that. 27 players. Virtually none English. Several abject French wingers. Poor record buys - Sanchez, Sissoko, NDombele. Two useless Argies - Foyth, Gazzaniga. A completely lopsided squad - aging and injury prone. Players broken - Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Jansen, Trippier, Rose. No Centre forward cover. I could go on but it is too depressing.

Sorry no. It was our recruitment policy that was to blame imo. You simply cannot absolve Poch from that. 27 players. Virtually none English. Several abject French wingers. Poor record buys - Sanchez, Sissoko, NDombele. Two useless Argies - Foyth, Gazzaniga. A completely lopsided squad - aging and injury prone. Players broken - Dembele, Wanyama, Dier, Jansen, Trippier, Rose. No Centre forward cover. I could go on but it is too depressing.
The main objective between now and the summer, must be getting a decent DoF in. I'd take Comolli's track record right now.

I agree. The pens is a lottery, and normally I have no complaints when people miss penalties, but the way they were missed was shocking! 1 off target and 2 that were so weak, they barely reached the goal! But we should have won the game long before it reached penalties!!

Why the fudge didn't we play like we did after they equalised? We played them almost into their own goal, but only for those last 15 minutes. If we played like that after going 1-0 up, we'd have won by a hatful!
I haven't been this fudging angry in a long time, and the way we tinkle about in games, I can't see where or how, if any, our next win might come.
Penalties aren't a "lottery" at all. Kane doesn't score almost all his penalties because he is lucky. He scores them because he is bloody good at taking them. Look at the difference between the two team's research last night as well. Krul with his water bottle knowing where he was going to dive, Vorm with no such preparation. I thought Jose was supposed to be a master tactician?

Germany tend to win their penalty shoot outs because their players tend to hit the ball more than half way up the goal. We tend to lose penalty shoot outs because we hit our penalties in the lower half of the goal. If hitting the ball in the lower half of the goal the ball also has to be struck hard and close to the corner, otherwise it's 50/50 if the keeper goes the right way.

Last edited:
Okay... so it's season over now. I can't see us winning another game until we get one of strikers back. The only thing I don't get is why, as soon as we get the lead, we invite a pressure that we obviously can't handle. We let goals in regardless so we might as well try and control the game, the way we did until Verthongen scored.

Also, on a side note, I absolutely can't understand why people voted for Skipp as man of the man. What I saw is a young and energetic player running around like a headless chicken with little awareness of what goes on around him, a mediocre first touch and who needlessly gave possession away on a couple of occasions. Then again, the game was so frustrating that my comments are probably a bit rash but even if we'd won, he's the last player I'd thought of as man of the man.

It's a very sad season by anyone's standard but our ridiculous attempts at squad building had to caught up with us sooner or later. Overhaul or no overhaul, let's hope we get that right in the summer, but first, we have three months of humiliation after humiliation to look forward to.
That's quite interesting, as I saw it completely differently. I don't think he was a headless chicken at all. Yes he did run around a lot, but he did that in the right areas IMO. At one point in the game I saw him pressing a player and as the player got a certain distance from our goal, he stopped his press and stayed back in a good defensive position. It was chalk and cheese compared to Wink's ridiculous press of Moutinho against Wolves at the weekend. I also loved his professional foul towards the end of the game as Norwich were on a good break. It is exactly what we should've done to Traore on Sunday at 2-1 up.

Reactions: DTA

yep ..definitely a headless chicken is skip, agree and I cant see him being a player for the future
by a long shot..unfortunately...

I thought Skipp performed well...for someone who hasn't played first team football for a while he did what he asked to do....there was one tackle he did either at the end of the 90th min or extra time where it was 60/40 against him and he won ball fair and square and to be honest it was unreal for a spurs player to win a ball like that....that's how uncompetitive we've been this season especially in midfield,i hope he gets picked for Saturday and the spammers game.....rest him for the Lepzig game.

Not sure why we knocking him being a young local lad playing for us.....at least give him as much time and space as Winks has had.

I thought Skipp performed well...for someone who hasn't played first team football for a while he did what he asked to do....there was one tackle he did either at the end of the 90th min or extra time where it was 60/40 against him and he won ball fair and square and to be honest it was unreal for a spurs player to win a ball like that....that's how uncompetitive we've been this season especially in midfield,i hope he gets picked for Saturday and the spammers game.....rest him for the Lepzig game.

Not sure why we knocking him being a young local lad playing for us.....at least give him as much time and space as Winks has had.
Winks gets no space from fans
Plenty dig him out and say he only gets played because he is the local lad

And If Jose wants a DM then why not give skipp a chance. What’s the worse that could happen

Sorry to say but we are not any sort of team at the moment, patches of play it looks like we are finding some form and then we lose it again. Jose has his work cut out for sure and the confidence has left the team and they look to play safe and that is the major problem ( imo).

Dier MOM for me.

I can and I will. We've had this discussion several times before so I'm moving on mate.

If Skipp was playing against Wolves the 3rd and probably 2nd goals don't happen.

Biggest compliment I can give him.

Feeling bitter about this defeat ! FA Cup was our only remaining chance to win a trophy and we have now threw it away with this defeat. The fact we lost at home to Norwich who are bottom of the PL makes it hard to accept. Never thought we would lost to Norwich at home ! Mourinho has to take large part of the blame for his team selection while the players should be blamed for their poor display.

Traditionally we have a poor record in penalties, so should have tried to win it in normal times. But our attack were again toothless without Kane and Son. The fact a defender, Vertonghen scored our only goal shows how poor our attack is now. Lamela really should have started this match. Without him we missed the crucial creativity and passion until he came on late in the match.

Our midfield were again poor. Our failure to buy a proper replacement for Dembele is coming back to affect us now. It is really annoying we can't even control the midfield against poor teams like Norwich. The likes of Ndombele, Winks or Dier are really not good enough for our midfield. It is also stupid of Dier to confront the fan after the match. He should show the same passion on the field instead.

We are the team with the worst penalty record in world football while Mourinhino is the manager with the worst penalty record in English football. So, it is not at all surprising we lost out in the penalty shoot out. We have now been involved in 19 penalty shoot outs in our history, winning just 5 and losing 14 of them ! For his part, Mourinho has now lost all his 7 penalty shoot outs in English football, 5 with ManU and 1 each with Chelsea and us.

So, we have gone another year without a trophy. Just can't see us winning the CL, especially with the way we have been playing this season. This is surely of our worst season in history, when it comes to poor performances. Wish Mourinho will do something to help us win trophies next season, especially with the magic of the year that ends in "1" coming next season.

Back