• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

He’s a starter elsewhere so would he come park up on the bench ? Was not knocking his ability just we should be shopping younger
His interview in talkbrick was clear the other day that he isn’t entertaining any conversations on his future currently and that the paper have made it up

Sadly this. I've become a bit entitled because I'm massively frustrated we aren't top 4. "If only we'd beaten Brighton. If only we'd beaten Chelsea. If only we'd beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If only Aurier's goal stood at Leicester". All valid but fact of the matter is that we haven't been good enough and we've been punching above our weight for a while. This is our season like Liverpool, United, The Scum, Chelsea have all had in the time we've been ever-present in the CL. It f**king stings but we aren't getting there and we can have no complaints about it.

I'm not encouraged by what I've seen from Jose. The style of football is horrible and the results have been pretty ordinary. However, we've gone for him so we have to back him. He's doing the job with someone else's squad and has lost the best elements of it (Eriksen/Kane/Son which in turn has neutered Alli as he isn't playing where he is most effective). He absolutely deserves a summer and pre-season to see what he can do. He isn't absolved of all responsibility for recent results but he is entitled to time in my book.

I f**king hate football right now. We aren't a good watch and we aren't getting results. It's not enjoyable but I wouldn't quite liken it to Tactics Tim's season because I have some hope with Mourinho. It's just 6 months away.
Totally with you mate. Spurs have appointed Mourinho now let's back him and support him. If Mourinho can't turn this around with his record, then it will say a lot about ENiC's stewardship of the club on the field however brilliant they have been off it.

Our definitions of “great” must differ hugely. Having us in 5th place with no tactics other than give it to Bale isn’t my definition of great. It was par at best. We then wasted a large chunk of the money we received for Bale, the only value for money purchases being Eriksen and Chadli. Took us years to recover from that!

I agree to an extent Poch is partially responsible for the mess we are in now, he’s the one who spent £40m on a defender (Sanchez) who is perhaps the only ex Ajax player who is not good on the ball. He also didn’t know how to handle contract rebels other than benching them and pretending they don’t exist. There’s plenty I’d blame to go around though tbh. Would help if we raise the wage bill above 39% compared to turnover and in line with the rest of the big 6. Getting deals done earlier would also help. I want Levy and Enic to do better just as I would want the manager and the players to improve.
Sanchez is a very good defender. He is quick and strong. 2 attributes that are essential in a defender for teams that play a high line. Thought he and Dier did ok yesterday.

As for the contract rebels, when there are so many of them what else was Poch supposed to do with them?

Wouldn't mind him writing off this season and just playing the players that he sees as the future, stick with it no matter the results.
Start to get them to gel now rather than waiting for pre-season.

Just read this. I think that is pretty fudging poor from Jose about Parrott.

“Now people can see that he has to work a lot so don’t think that Parrott is the second Harry Kane because he’s just a young kid that needs to work."

Link to story

“Now people can see that he has to work a lot so don’t think that Parrott is the second Harry Kane because he’s just a young kid that needs to work."

Link to story
I’m sure I’ve read a more detailed version of that. I’ll see If I can find it

Link to story

don't see any issue with what he said. Everyone is expecting this kid to come in and start banging in goals and its not going to happen. Mourinho hit the tickle my balls with a feather in all honesty.

Planes devil advocate here. If we got rid of Mourinho who would replace him? And no going back was to Poch.

Tim Sherwood.

Give the youth some playing time and lower our expectations so much that the appointment after him would be given the necessary time.

Poch would not have been a success without Sherwood.

Depends how Levy wants to run the club. I would like another Poch type signing, but we would have to go back to lower signings etc.

don't see any issue with what he said. Everyone is expecting this kid to come in and start banging in goals and its not going to happen. Mourinho hit the tickle my balls with a feather in all honesty.
Like he did when he was commenting about Luke Shaw. The Portugeezer is not known for his man management skills, unless the man he is managing is himself, which he does all the time with every syllable he utters.

Sentiment is fine but the wording is a bit clunky, probably reads better in the context of the wider interview

Back