• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Norwich FA Cup ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On top of my head I can think of at least 10 current PL managers who would , if they were in charge of Spurs, beat Norwich fudging City quite comfortably, especially at home. Even if Lloris played as a striker and half of our team missing.

Maybe you can but Norwich have proved over the season thus far that they can compete with the bigger teams on their day. So they cannot be that bad.

The only thing I can blame mourinho for tonight is the goal keeper selection . As for the rest that’s what he has. This squad has been playing badly for over a year now and he needs the chance and time to hopefully overhaul the squad further and allow such players to adapt to the league etc before he is judged.

Surely his track record deserves this.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Apart from the frankly pathetic pen, I thought Gedson and Lo Celso where by far our best players today.

And speaking of pens, do they not get information about what works? All studies show that the most effective way to score is to shot hard and high. Just hard anywhere and it might still go in even if the GK goes the right way. The same with a high placed controlled shot. Everything above mid goal is rarely saved. It's common knowledge! They should only practice hard and high pens!
Think Norwich got that memo.

The point is if it was that easy, everyone would aim there.
Second best choice is just put your laces through it! Even if the GK goes the right way, it might still go in if you hit it hard. Pens like Parrots and Gedsons are more likely to be saved than not. If you don't have the skill or courage to wait out the GK, go for power. It's that easy. I never missed a pen in a competitive game.

You really want Ndombele starting away to Burnley?! It’s the least suitable game for him to start

Probably right. Better to start at home - to United? To settle he needs to play.

Long term he could provide control through the middle. he just needs to do the simple things well, and the openings will come. Mourinho has get him confident and settled.

Maybe you can but Norwich have proved over the season thus far that they can compete with the bigger teams on their day. So they cannot be that bad.

The only thing I can blame mourinho for tonight is the goal keeper selection . As for the rest that’s what he has. This squad has been playing badly for over a year now and he needs the chance and time to hopefully overhaul the squad further and allow such players to adapt to the league etc before he is judged.

Surely his track record deserves this.

Norwich aren’t bad, their just a very good footballing side who make mistakes
Their football and confidence in the ball is why their going down as they can’t dig in for a result
Technically they will be the best team to go down in a very long time

On the bright side, I think this is the first season in our history where we'll go through the domestic cup competitions without actually losing a game.

I expect an open top bus parade and commemorative DVD.

We have played worse this season but that was still pretty damn poor. Outplayed for large parts at home to the worst team in the league. Lose a shootout in your own stadium at the home end. Given the opposition in front of us, what was at stake and the outcome that was pretty much rock bottom for games I’ve been to watch over the last 12 months and I left at 80 mins! Didn’t even have to endure the penalties.

Keep thinking it can’t get worse but we’ve still got Arsenal at home, there isn’t another side in football who takes as much pleasure at winding us up and kicking us whilst we are down.

The entire club from top to bottom needs a mentality transplant.

Ridiculous. Thought Dier and skipp played well and that was about it.
Getting bored of watching a Mourinho team already. I’d rather we lost 4-3 every game than be boring and lose.

Second best choice is just put your laces through it! Even if the GK goes the right way, it might still go in if you hit it hard. Pens like Parrots and Gedsons are more likely to be saved than not. If you don't have the skill or courage to wait out the GK, go for power. It's that easy. I never missed a pen in a competitive game.
I can’t comment on the level you played at, but having played Saturday league for many years, I can confirm keepers barely dive for penalties at such a level. It’s not really a fair comparison unless you’ve played to a higher standard.

For clarity, I don’t disagree with your point - high and wide is preferable and yields better results when on target. I just don’t believe it’s all that easy to execute or that’s all we’d see. Risk and reward and all that though I guess...

The pens exemplified our lack of confidence and players who are settled.

Ndombele and Lamela should start the next game?

Ndombele is a fat mess. Needs to get his head and body right. No issue whatsoever with the guy’s ability.

Lamela should play on Saturday but knowing him he probably won’t be fit. Gives his all every time he steps on the pitch which I admire though.

Feel sorry for Lo Celso , worked his cobblers off tonight looked shagged after normal time.

We looked bright first 10-15 and once they equalised other than that was all a bit uggghh from both sides.

We have the ball but don’t look threatening with it at all. Dele looks knackered and looks like he misses Kane to me.

Also the tempo we play at the majority of the game is slow and easy to defend against.

Thought Skipp had decent game tonight especially first half so that’s a positive.

Roll on the end of the season as it’s been turgid bar the odd moment.

Feel sorry for Lo Celso , worked his cobblers off tonight looked shagged after normal time.

We looked bright first 10-15 and once they equalised other than that was all a bit uggghh from both sides.

We have the ball but don’t look threatening with it at all. Dele looks knackered and looks like he misses Kane to me.

Also the tempo we play at the majority of the game is slow and easy to defend against.

Thought Skipp had decent game tonight especially first half so that’s a positive.

Roll on the end of the season as it’s been turgid bar the odd moment.
Dele can only play off a striker, that’s when he excels
Lo Celso has been the sole bright spot under Mou and looks a top top player

A friend just e-mailed me from London regarding tonight's game and insisted that this is the worst side and playing style since Christian Gross. Is he correct?

Given our "performance" I really couldn't see us beating a poor Man U, then Cheatski, then ManCity at Wembley, so I wasn't that fussed about going out.

We just haven't "got it" at the moment, not by a long shot.

Equally, we will go out to Leipzig and "concentrate" on the league... will it be enough for us to scrape into CL though? HIGHLY unlikely. All very meh.

Back