• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

If there is one thing this thread has taught me, it's how little the majority of British people know about America. Truly clueless.

I have read that Americans give more to good causes and charities per head then any other country.

Think the has been a long time hatred of Americans by some, particularly on the left so they always moan when the is a Republican president.

That said Trump is a cnut.

I've experienced healthcare in the US and it puts what we have in the UK to shame.

No waiting, everything's clean and efficient, more equipment than anyone could possibly need, etc.

Yes, but you could afford the health care there cos you showed them the golden gun so you will see the good side of it.

Yes, but you could afford the health care there cos you showed them the golden gun so you will see the good side of it.
I just had insurance. Came free with my bank account.

Couldn't have been easier. Called the concierge service, asked her to find me the nearest appropriate hospital and send me the location to my phone, she sent our insurance documents and called ahead telling them we were on our way in.

I just had insurance. Came free with my bank account.

Couldn't have been easier. Called the concierge service, asked her to find me the nearest appropriate hospital and send me the location to my phone, she sent our insurance documents and called ahead telling them we were on our way in.
You got free health insurance for opening a bank account? Well, there you go. A new medicare for all plan has been born. Crazy Americans paying thousands in insurance when all they had to do is open an account.

You got free health insurance for opening a bank account? Well, there you go. A new medicare for all plan has been born. Crazy Americans paying thousands in insurance when all they had to do is open an account.
Obviously has minimum requirements but I get loads free with it.

Obviously has minimum requirements but I get loads free with it.
Obviously. Just a few minor entry requirements I'm sure. New participants to the medicare-for-the-few scheme can sort out the technicalities with their concierge.

I have no doubt that you had a good experience with the US healthcare system but you are only proving the point that money buys good outcomes, and the opposite is also true.

I must admit that the healthcare I receive is fantastic. I pay $500:a month but have received terrific care with very little waiting time.

Obviously. Just a few minor entry requirements I'm sure. New participants to the medicare-for-the-few scheme can sort out the technicalities with their concierge.

I have no doubt that you had a good experience with the US healthcare system but you are only proving the point that money buys good outcomes, and the opposite is also true.
My understanding is that there are cheaper hospitals in the US, they're just not as good as the one I saw.

I don't think "You get what you pay for" is a particularly bad general rule.

My understanding is that there are cheaper hospitals in the US, they're just not as good as the one I saw.

I don't think "You get what you pay for" is a particularly bad general rule.
For most things, this is a truism. And even in healthcare, I have no problem in having a private healthcare system running parallel to a public one. More comfortable surroundings or better meals are fine but better health outcomes should not be overly determined by your wealth IMO. There should be an upper limit to what your money can buy and a lower limit determined by a social safety net. A societal donut lets say.
Anyway back to the point, that's not what they have in the US. How much money you have determines your medical experience and medical bankruptcies are commonplace. That's it for this topic from me. I'm starting to sound like Bernie.

So all the so called moderates drop out en mass and appear at a rally to endorse Biden who no doubt has promised them all some cushty jobs right before Super Tuesday when they could have seen what their support would get them. Whole thing stinks, Biden is such a dull awful candidate. I'm not even left wing but Sanders has a real presence and conviction about him - fantastic public speaker.

Risk now is if Biden wins the nomination that Sanders supporters don't bother to vote again handing it to Trump.

Back