• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nice to loss to that shower of brick AGAIN...with their 3rd choice striker making our lives miserable,its laughable we had a month to sort out a striker and we decide to sign another short fast wide winger ....check the sides around us and their choices they have up front....Man ure ,chelski,even Wolves....and we were in the champs league final last year,not as if we're new on the block and climbing the table for the first time. Love to have been in the board room when Jose and levy talk about performances and the style of play and the reasons we're miss firing all the time..

And to think of it when Redknapp was in charge he had four strikers to choose from,now we have none...

Last edited:
We did have a shape yesterday, just htat it was a very negative one.

Losing yesterday was simply a case of Jose getting the tactics wrong. Defending so deep, back 5 rather than back 3 or 4,...he just messed up. We should have defended higher up the pitch, either played with wingbacks or a back 4

JM clearly felt a flat back five would stop them scoring. He said the first goal in that game was critical. Their goal had two big elements of good fortune in it. Despite five defenders in the box both rebounds went straight to the two attackers.

I also think that he believed playing three ball playing midfielders, we would be able to keep possession much better than we in fact did. These players badly let him down. You will notice his praise after the game was largely reserved for little Stevie, Lucas and Lamela. Again it was in midfield we lost this game. All three of our players there simply didn't turn up.

JM clearly felt a flat back five would stop them scoring. He said the first goal in that game was critical. Their goal had two big elements of good fortune in it. Despite five defenders in the box both rebounds went straight to the two attackers.

I also think that he believed playing three ball playing midfielders, we would be able to keep possession much better than we in fact did. These players badly let him down. You will notice his praise after the game was largely reserved for little Stevie, Lucas and Lamela. Again it was in midfield we lost this game. All three of our players there simply didn't turn up.
The midfield would have been fine if we played attacking wing backs to help them
The positioning of the wing backs was painful

compare it with the last 30 mins on Wednesday when we had Lamela and Aurier piling forward, it’s like chalk and cheese

you get those wings backs along side midfield and your not outnumbered and have outballs wide

the midfield 3 regularly had players on them as Barkley and Mount dropped into midfield to press and they had Alonso bombing on too

The midfield would have been fine if we played attacking wing backs to help them
The positioning of the wing backs was painful

compare it with the last 30 mins on Wednesday when we had Lamela and Aurier piling forward, it’s like chalk and cheese

you get those wings backs along side midfield and your not outnumbered and have outballs wide

the midfield 3 regularly had players on them as Barkley and Mount dropped into midfield to press and they had Alonso bombing on too

Agreed. I think that was very much his phase 2 plan for the last 30 mins when the Chelsea players tried. Unfortunately we were ×-0 down and too tired ourselves !

I still can’t get over how Alderweireld completely lost Giroud for the goal. Giroud moves away after the first attempt and Alderweireld stood there like a statue. Surely with defenders, you stick with your man, and take responsibility rather than just stand still and hope for the best as the striker is totally unmarked in the box.

I still can’t get over how Alderweireld completely lost Giroud for the goal. Giroud moves away after the first attempt and Alderweireld stood there like a statue. Surely with defenders, you stick with your man, and take responsibility rather than just stand still and hope for the best as the striker is totally unmarked in the box.

Also annoying how Verts just showed him an arse cheek as his attempt to block it - could have slid in front of him and probably would have deflected it wide.

Surprising how fast they've both declined.

Hmm. Maybe. In that case let's hope that the current manager differentiates himself from his predecessor by not threatening to quit the club on the eve of its biggest match for a generation - might encourage the powers that be to relax the purse strings.

Give over. The ship had long since sailed by then. He was the ONLY reason we were on the eve of such a game.

That's been Alderweireld's game for a couple of years now. Most defenders get better at positioning themselves with experience, especially when their pace start to go. He's doing the opposite.

That's been Alderweireld's game for a couple of years now. Most defenders get better at positioning themselves with experience, especially when their pace start to go. He's doing the opposite.

i don’t know why he was given another contract. We need to upgrade on him in the summer. He was excellent for us at his time at the club but other than his goal, his most recent performances just aren’t of the quality needed. I would like to see what he can do between now and the end of the season as he had the ability before, so maybe it’s still there and he’s just having a poor spell, otherwise it’s goodbye to him.

Nice to loss to that shower of brick AGAIN...with their 3rd choice striker making our lives miserable,its laughable we had a month to sort out a striker and we decide to sign another short fast wide winger ....check the sides around us and their choices they have up front....Man ure ,chelski,even Wolves....and we were in the champs league final last year,not as if we're new on the block and climbing the table for the first time. Love to have been in the board room when Jose and levy talk about performances and the style of play and the reasons we're miss firing all the time..

And to think of it when Redknapp was in charge he had four strikers to choose from,now we have none...
I wish we could have played our 3rd choice striker.

Back