• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder whether it is worth trying Sessegnon as Son's understudy. Something like this.

..........Lo Celso Winks
Moura........Dele........ Sessegnon
.............. Bergwijn

Sess apparently injured before kick off today. I would have him in. But little Stevie at CF simply doesn't work for me. I would rather go 442

Tanaganga.......Sanchez.... Toby.......Davies

Aurier.........Lo Celso.....Winks........Sessegnon

...................Dele...Lucas.......................

It certainly doesn't work the way we set up now, with a clear defensive mindset. Just play a more attacking team and go out with the intention to attack and play in the opposition half, not the other way round. Can't be worse than it is.

Isn’t that what Poch was trying, and even with Kane and Son it was an absolute disaster.

Sess apparently injured before kick off today. I would have him in. But little Stevie at CF simply doesn't work for me. I would rather go 442

Tanaganga.......Sanchez.... Toby.......Davies

Aurier.........Lo Celso.....Winks........Sessegnon

...................Dele...Lucas.......................

Under Mourinho that would be a very defensive formation. Fine for big games or seeing out leads but I don't think it works for most fixtures.

Although I put Bergwijn up top, I'd expect him Moura and Dele to rotate positions as normal.

I wouldn’t say we have one top quality CM player - all have flaws in the game - something that needs addressing in the summer.

Along with most areas.
oh yeah...we always need something addressing in the fudging summer and the summer after that...adfinitum...
when it comes to the games that matter we fold up. How do we keep giving a fudging goal away every fudging match after five minutes? theres just no confidence.. no belief or cohesion ..thats in our DNA.

"Spurs will allways let you down"......sadly.
Can some genius work out how we can change the way this club works and get us to win something????????????????????????..lol
The club is simply too weak mentally!

It certainly doesn't work the way we set up now, with a clear defensive mindset. Just play a more attacking team and go out with the intention to attack and play in the opposition half, not the other way round. Can't be worse than it is.

And don't keep doing it when it clearly isn't working, like today.

oh yeah...we always need something addressing in the fudging summer and the summer after that...adfinitum...
when it comes to the games that matter we fold up. How do we keep giving a fudging goal away every fudging match after five minutes? theres just no confidence.. no belief or cohesion ..thats in our DNA.

"Spurs will allways let you down"......sadly.
Can some genius work out how we can change the way this club works and get us to win something????????????????????????..lol
The club is simply too weak mentally!

You must be strong to support Spurs. Buck up, chuck.

And, it's ad infinitum - to infinity. Yours meant 'to finity'.

If Lamela were fit I’d try him as a “false 9” with Dele off him...that saves us from one of my semi-mental “stick Dier or Jan uptop to be physical 9s and fight it out/knock down for speedy little fellas” which even as I write it sounds a tad remedial at best and Sir Les Patterson playing football manager at worst.

Under Mourinho that would be a very defensive formation. Fine for big games or seeing out leads but I don't think it works for most fixtures.

Although I put Bergwijn up top, I'd expect him Moura and Dele to rotate positions as normal.

A solid back four with Sess and Aurier providing outlets and width down the flanks. I don’t think it is necessarily defensive and will encourage us not to hit aimless long balls to midgets whereby we give up possession far too easily.

A solid back four with Sess and Aurier providing outlets and width down the flanks. I don’t think it is necessarily defensive and will encourage us not to hit aimless long balls to midgets whereby we give up possession far too easily.
Sessegnon got “injured” today leaving the coach, where he felt muscle tightness

If Lamela were fit I’d try him as a “false 9” with Dele off him...that saves us from one of my semi-mental “stick Dier or Jan uptop to be physical 9s and fight it out/knock down for speedy little fellas” which even as I write it sounds a tad remedial at best and Sir Les Patterson playing football manager at worst.

I guess that’s why jose tried to get crouch out of retirement.

He must be in seriously bad nick to turn the opportunity down.

I guess that’s why jose tried to get crouch out of retirement.

He must be in seriously bad nick to turn the opportunity down.

I think he's decided to focus on his career renting himself out as a human deck-chair on Caribbean cruises. Only because it's marginally more interesting than punditry.

486939fecf657631c0f0e61e6b4085cb

For the first time in ages, I couldn't be bothered to watch this one. The fact that it was against Chelsea, which is probably the team (and fans) I despise the most didn't help, but I can't shake the feeling that our season was over as soon as we heard about Son's injury. And the worst part of it is, it's our own doing. You can't afford to go into a 50-plus game season with no back-up for your striker. Right now, even that Brazilian journeyman from Real Sociedad, whose name I can't even remember, would be a huge help. There had to be someone half-decent available on loan, somewhere. It's such a shame after all the hard work we did.

That's probably the old-timer in me speaking (when our motto used to be 'there's always next season') but it has to be one of the most depressing end-of-seasons I've ever witnessed. Pretty much everyone agree that 4th spot was ours for the taking with Kane and Son. What a waste. The last 11 games of the season feel like filler matches now. I'd go so far as to say that the FA Cup game against Norwich is the most important fixture of what's left our season. A couple of weeks ago, I thought it'd be a walk in the park; right now, I'd be more than happy if we go through, no matter how.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and Mourinho will pull something out of hat against Wolves but, frankly, at the moment, I can't see where the next win is coming from. And for me, that's on the management.

So what would you have done instead? Played the awful Aurier? Not played Davies after his third game in 6 days after being out for months? Who to play instead of Verts who has looked shambolic recently? Who to play upfront? Lucas and Little Stevie are running on empty and being played out of position? Play the woeful Dele - and where -centre forward? Play the carthorse Dier? Play Lamela who only apparently has 20 minutes in his legs? Mourinho' s options were virtually non existent.
The awful Aurier, who is that? Or do you mean the best right back at Spurs currently by a considerable margin?

at the moment, I can't see where the next win is coming from. And for me, that's on the management.
Agree its all a bit depressing, but I would love to see Parrot given a go against Norwich, maybe even Wolves.

Did he try to get him out of retirement? I thought that Crouch just made a joke on Twitter.

Yeah. Mourinho made a joke about Crouch as an option in his press conference. Crouch responded to say "I'm ready".
Not exactly trying to lure him back.

Back