• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

12 points behind Chelsea if your prefer.
Threw away 2-0 leads
Let in 7 in one game.
Lost 3-0 to Brighton.

Worth noting Chelsea's form went out the window around the tim we changed managers - let's see how far off 5th, or indeed Chelsea, we are after our next run of fixtures.

Last edited:
Worth noting Chelsea's form went out the window around the tim we changed managers - let's see how far off 5th, or indeed Chelsea, we are after our next run of fixtures.
Well they have won their 2nd game this year so I think they need a few more results to claim any form

Can't keep making excuses about not having Strikers when he is parking the bus and expecting ball players who are used to dominating possession to counter attack.

Every single player out there is used to dominating the ball and being on the front foot in most games. The ageing CB's are not used to constant pressure every game and the GK is used to not having to do thing for the majority of games. This tactic needs the correct players and need to be drilled in for a long period in order for this to work. A world class manager should be playing to their strengths if his own tactics are not working. Now if we are not aiming for a certain achievement at the end of the season then carry on trying to install your tactics / vision as without implementing it and practising it in games then how are they going to get used to it right? but if you are looking at finishing in a top 4 spot or winning a cup you need to play to the players strengths and go at the opposition. When we get it down and play we play good football but sitting back and hoping to counter attack is just asking for trouble with a team that is not drilled in it.

I am happy to give Mourinho pre season and the whole of next season but as far as this season goes i am not going out of my way to watch that brick.

I can see a very nasty losing run coming up, in fact I'm not sure I see a league win in March. The only way that Jose can "win" is to play Parrot and see what happens. If we lose he is justified in saying he didn't believe the lad is ready. If we win, beers all round.

I can see a very nasty losing run coming up, in fact I'm not sure I see a league win in March. The only way that Jose can "win" is to play Parrot and see what happens. If we lose he is justified in saying he didn't believe the lad is ready. If we win, beers all round.

Except if we win he looks an idiot for not playing him for the last month or so and saying he is not ready. Would love him to get a chance though, even at 18 a striker is a striker. If he doesnt score it's still got to help out with the shape of the side.

With Ndombele and Lo Celso in the side I do not get how he could not find a way to have Dele in the sire TBH. Still, he knows and sees all the training and I don’t, thus...

Chelsea were always going to up their game for us today, bet they get beat next week. We need to get back to the Poch years when we were consumed with power and aggression because we play so many teams that hate us.

Im not a Mourinho lover and a Poch hater. Mourinho is who we have now and he needs time. Poch was the best manager since Burkinshaw, he had flaws but he was great. For whatever reason he did not want to be here at the end(I blame the stadium build)

..........Sanchez......Toby.......
Aurier...........................Verts/Sess
.........Ndombele...Tanganga.....
................. Lo Celso........
........Lucas.......................Bergwijn...
.......................Dele........................

I can see if a real busy summer coming up.

Depends on your definition of 'really busy'. There's a very strong core group of first 11 players at Spurs, as well as various others who are close to the team or first 18/squad players - problem is that the gaps in the squad are really hindering us.

We need 3-4 in (CB, CF, RB and perhaps a CM or another CM) and then shifting out Wanyama, Rose, release JV etc and loaning out a couple more (Skipp, Parrott etc)

Depends on your definition of 'really busy'. There's a very strong core group of first 11 players at Spurs, as well as various others who are close to the team or first 18/squad players - problem is that the gaps in the squad are really hindering us.

We need 3-4 in (CB, CF, RB and perhaps a CM or another CM) and then shifting out Wanyama, Rose, release JV etc and loaning out a couple more (Skipp, Parrott etc)

Yep exactly this. We need 4 positions strengthening at least, then there's always an old favourite or someone that arrives out of the blue. So possibly 4-6 in, a lot of unwanted out (probably even more now than Jose thought compared to when he first joined)

Chelsea were always going to up their game for us today, bet they get beat next week. We need to get back to the Poch years when we were consumed with power and aggression because we play so many teams that hate us.

Im not a Mourinho lover and a Poch hater. Mourinho is who we have now and he needs time. Poch was the best manager since Burkinshaw, he had flaws but he was great. For whatever reason he did not want to be here at the end(I blame the stadium build)
Said the and to my mate
They will lose next week
We will get a result and everyone will be jumping on again
But I disagree that Poch didn’t want to be here, I just think he was lost. Constant minor tweaks and changes confused the players and they just needed a break from each other

Last two games tellls me one things about Jose. And it’s already our motto he needs to ‘to dare is to do’ tries to play to safe. 3 CBS has never worked for us! If you’re playing wing backs Aurier is actually better at that than tanganga, play Tanganga as a CB or a RB. More importantly we need a centre forward not all his fault but we need something up there!

I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable with these ready-made excuses about fuel etc. that he keeps handing the players. I'm afraid I see only further half-hearted shifts filled with more coasting and jogging at the end of that road.

Back