• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

And lose how much money on him?
We got most of our money back on Paulinho despite how hard he flopped in EPL, so I’m sure a few Spanish clubs would still be eyeing up Ndombele... hopefully we’ll see the best of him next season though, as clearly an immense talent.

We got most of our money back on Paulinho despite how hard he flopped in EPL, so I’m sure a few Spanish clubs would still be eyeing up Ndombele... hopefully we’ll see the best of him next season though, as clearly an immense talent.
I think he has some stability now in his a manager which can only help him settle

No he had a BIG say in why was replaced and how it was replaced

unless your saying Mou is driving around a clapped out Mondeo now?

Yeah Poch caused some of his own problems. He tinkled me off at the end but the fella was completely frustrated with how things had panned out. I'll always be sad he didn't turn it around but I don't think he was going to so Levy did the right thing in the circumstances.

José now has a clapped out Mondeo and doing ok with it but over the last week he's been driving it in second gear.

Yeah Poch caused some of his own problems. He tinkled me off at the end but the fella was completely frustrated with how things had panned out. I'll always be sad he didn't turn it around but I don't think he was going to so Levy did the right thing in the circumstances.

José now has a clapped out Mondeo and doing ok with it but over the last week he's been driving it in second gear.
It’s got broken wheels
So can’t drive straight
The hand we have been dealt is what it is
It’s nothing to do with mourinho and Poch may be accountable for letting Lampost leave (no idea who had the say there)
But it’s typical spurs that when we have the money to invest some things we already have start failing
It’s also typical that we get fixtures and timings that are bizarre
Two away league games in 6 days either side of a CL game
Then an 8 day break !!!!
We play Burnley late kick off on a Saturday before we play Leipzig again 2 days later.... farcical
Pool played Tuesday and now play Monday ... how’s that work

It’s got broken wheels
So can’t drive straight
It’s nothing to do with mourinho and Poch may be accountable for letting Lampost leave (no idea who had the say there)
But it’s typical spurs that when we have the money to invest some things we already have start failing
Then an 8 day break !!!!
We play Burnley late kick off on a Saturday before we play Leipzig again 2 days later.... farcical

I agree with a lot of what you say. My original point was in response to a post suggesting Poch left a bad squad. If he did, it wasn't his fault.

For me, José has had a lot of brick to deal with. The fixture list that you rightly point to is absurd. But I think Jose is also doing things that aren't helping.

Hilarious that many wanted poch away because he was under performing with the third best squad in the league. Now things aren't going as planned it's because the squad is crap and it's Pochs fault.
Make your mind up people.

It’s got broken wheels
So can’t drive straight
Then an 8 day break !!!!
All clubs in European competition get fixture congestion at some point. Liverpool had 10 games in 30 days or whatever it was a while back. Our problem at present is due to an entirely predictable situation having zero cover for Kane.

Having been around the very masculine culture of ice hockey most of my life, a player like Ndombele would be described as someone who 'plays small'.

In other words, Jaguar body, moped motor.

He needs to start running through some of the physical challenges he's going to face. Otherwise, he'll just become, more and more, a target for physical abuse to see where his breaking point is. He often looked intimidated by Chelsea's heavy manners.

Just to get this very wayward thread back on topic.

Agree with your point but I think that's harsh on Poch. Poch had a Toyota and souped it up to compete with the BMWs and Mercs. Then parts started to go on the car and he correctly identified what he needed. But instead of replacing them, the club told him to just keep driving coz they were spending all their money on a brand new garage. So the engine goes and rather than a new Toyota one, Poch gets a 1 litre Nissan Micra engine. The tyres go and instead of new ones, Levy takes some off his son's run around. The steering column goes and Levy tapes it back together.

Poch did a bit wrong at the end, out of frustration, but the state of the squad was not his fault.

sorry can't agree with that analysis. We bought 26 players under Poch and he improved very very few of them. His record in the transfer market was pretty disasterous. I still think one of the main reasons Levy sacked him was because he didn't rate his ability to spot talent. His last splurge in the transfer market - with 72 big ones spunked on Ndombele was seen as the last straw.

All clubs in European competition get fixture congestion at some point. Liverpool had 10 games in 30 days or whatever it was a while back. Our problem at present is due to an entirely predictable situation having zero cover for Kane.
That was cos of the world club cup
No one has played Sunday night, Wednesday night and Saturday am...

Having been around the very masculine culture of ice hockey most of my life, a player like Ndombele would be described as someone who 'plays small'.

In other words, Jaguar body, moped motor.

He needs to start running through some of the physical challenges he's going to face. Otherwise, he'll just become, more and more, a target for physical abuse to see where his breaking point is. He often looked intimidated by Chelsea's heavy manners.

Just to get this very wayward thread back on topic.

Yeah he went down twice under very little and you just get that sick feeling in your stomach of "He's gonna come off or just hide for the rest of the game". I can't recall ever seeing such a gulf between a player's ability and his character. But if he hasn't got the character, he's no use to us. He needs to man the fudge up.

It's still relatively early days but there are some flashing warning signs amongst the flashes of absolute brilliance he can produce.

Last edited:
Hilarious that many wanted poch away because he was under performing with the third best squad in the league. Now things aren't going as planned it's because the squad is crap and it's Pochs fault.
Make your mind up people.
I didn’t want him gone
and I didn’t want Mourinho
But now he has gone I’m happy to back the manager who knows more about the game and has won more than any manager in our history
And I’ll even give him more than 15 league games to prove himself
Poch had 4 great years and one average to poor one but still took us to a CL final
He also lost loads of big games and won some too
All managers are fallible, some are just hated for who they are.

Yeah he went down twice under very little and you just get that sick feeling in your stomach of "He's gonna come off or just hide for the rest of the game". I can't recall ever seeing such a gulf between a player's ability and his character. But if he hasn't got the character, he's no use to us. He needs to man the fudge up.

It's still relatively early days but there are some flashing warning signs amongst the signs of absolute brilliance he can produce.

Yes, though there's examples in both directions of players who have come to the PL from lesser leagues, or less physical leagues, and struggled but then adapted. Look at Ronaldo. First couple years at Man U he was rolling around on the floor all the time.

Its a challenge and opportunity for Jose. At the moment, Ndombele is a squad player. get his head right, and he's one of the best players in the PL

sorry can't agree with that analysis. We bought 26 players under Poch and he improved very very few of them. His record in the transfer market was pretty disasterous. I still think one of the main reasons Levy sacked him was because he didn't rate his ability to spot talent. His last splurge in the transfer market - with 72 big ones spunked on Ndombele was seen as the last straw.

No chance he was sacked for Ndombele. You can't judge a player like that after 3-4 months. Levy doesn't think in those sorts of terms.

It's well known that we couldn't get the players that Poch wanted. Now, maybe there is a debate to be had about what he did sign but, whilst patchy, his record wasn't disastrous by any means. He also showed an ability to improve players...Kane, Son, Dier, Eriksen, Alli, Walker, Alderweireld, Jan, Rose, Mason, Winks, Dembele. All those boys got better under Poch. Most of them might have anyway but Poch played his part.

For what he spent, not many managers would have left a better squad of players. He was also the only manager in Premier League history to go a summer transfer window without signing a player.

Poch had his faults but I think it's absolutely wrong to blame him for the state of the squad Jose inherited. He has minimal responsibility for it in my book.

I didn’t want him gone
and I didn’t want Mourinho
But now he has gone I’m happy to back the manager who knows more about the game and has won more than any manager in our history
And I’ll even give him more than 15 league games to prove himself
Poch had 4 great years and one average to poor one but still took us to a CL final
He also lost loads of big games and won some too
All managers are fallible, some are just hated for who they are.

Nicely stated about Pochettino. Five years here and still nowt to show for it. Still, I didn't want him gone. I wanted to see him earn his redemption with Spurs. I would never have hoped for Mourinho as his replacement.

But what's done is done. Despite today's outcome, Mourinho has done a very decent job advancing the cause. Deserves the support to keep it going. Hope Levy agrees.

Nicely stated about Pochettino. Five years here and still nowt to show for it. Still, I didn't want him gone. I wanted to see him earn his redemption with Spurs. I would never have hoped for Mourinho as his replacement.

But what's done is done. Despite today's outcome, Mourinho has done a very decent job advancing the cause. Deserves the support to keep it going. Hope Levy agrees.
The football is brick though
But I genuinely don’t believe that’s Jose long term plan. Despite the bull he didn’t play shot foot all at Chelsea or Madrid
He did at United but he literally had a team of centre backs
Here he has a mix of everything but no obvious area of strength
And it’s 15 league games

The football is brick though
But I genuinely don’t believe that’s Jose long term plan. Despite the bull he didn’t play shot foot all at Chelsea or Madrid
He did at United but he literally had a team of centre backs
Here he has a mix of everything but no obvious area of strength
And it’s 15 league games

I'm not expecting champagne football this season. Perfectly content to watch Mourinho become The Pragmatic One and work with what he had to achieve best results. So far, given the pace of points earned, we really have no grounds for complaint. He's guided us back into top four contention and most would've snapped hands off if offered that when Poch was sacked. Of course we want more in future. For now, we just have to deal with it and hope for the best.

I'm not expecting champagne football this season. Perfectly content to watch Mourinho become The Pragmatic One and work with what he had to achieve best results. So far, given the pace of points earned, we really have no grounds for complaint. He's guided us back into top four contention and most would've snapped hands off if offered that when Poch was sacked. Of course we want more in future. For now, we just have to deal with it and hope for the best.
Yep

Back