• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently Brighton just had a challenge which sounded like GLC's - reviewed by VAR but also not given as a red. Hopefully that will help GLC (rightly) avoid some retrospective punishment

Apparently Brighton just had a challenge which sounded like GLC's - reviewed by VAR but also not given as a red. Hopefully that will help GLC (rightly) avoid some retrospective punishment
There can’t be any retro punishment
They dealet within the game

So what would you have done instead? Played the awful Aurier? Not played Davies after his third game in 6 days after being out for months? Who to play instead off Verts who has looked shambolic recently? Who to play upfront? Lucas and Little Stevie are running on empty and being played out of position? Play the woeful Dele - and where -centre forward? Play the carthorse Dier? Play Lamela who only apparently has 20 minutes in his legs? Mourinho' s options were virtually non existent.

The options were limited. But we set up to sit in and not have the ball. We aren't playing with Gary Doherty and Andy Booth for Christ sake. We have some very good footballers.

On the personnel side, if I'm playing with 3 CBs, I'm playing Tanganga there and Aurier at right back. Because with 3 centre backs, you expect your full backs to push on and Aurier, for all his faults and brainlessness is better going forward than Tanganga.

I thought Dier did well at Villa until he went off. If I'm playing 4 at the back, I'd have him in midfield and I'd have GLC more central. Dele plays. We are missing Son and Kane and Eriksen is gone. There is no way Dele isn't in the team under those circumstances.

I have Parrott on the bench. He's not the answer but we have no strikers and he's a striker.

But I accept, personnelwise, our options are limited and what I've outlined doesn't change the result. It's the set up that's the problem. We set up to lose. And José's press conference is unbelievably negative. Today was brick for a number of reasons, many beyond José's control, but his selections, tactics and moaning is not helping.

The options were limited. But we set up to sit in and not have the ball. We aren't playing with Gary Doherty and Andy Booth for Christ sake. We have some very good footballers.

On the personnel side, if I'm playing with 3 CBs, I'm playing Tanganga there and Aurier at right back. Because with 3 centre backs, you expect your full backs to push on and Aurier, for all his faults and brainlessness is better going forward than Tanganga.

I thought Dier did well at Villa until he went off. If I'm playing 4 at the back, I'd have him in midfield and I'd have GLC more central. Dele plays. We are missing Son and Kane and Eriksen is gone. There is no way Dele isn't in the team under those circumstances.

I have Parrott on the bench. He's not the answer but we have no strikers and he's a striker.

But I accept, personnelwise, our options are limited and what I've outlined doesn't change the result. It's the set up that's the problem. We set up to lose. And José's press conference is unbelievably negative. Today was brick for a number of reasons, many beyond José's control, but his selections, tactics and moaning is not helping.

great post

but his selections, tactics and moaning is not helping.

This in particular.

So what would you have done instead? Played the awful Aurier? Not played Davies after his third game in 6 days after being out for months? Who to play instead of Verts who has looked shambolic recently? Who to play upfront? Lucas and Little Stevie are running on empty and being played out of position? Play the woeful Dele - and where -centre forward? Play the carthorse Dier? Play Lamela who only apparently has 20 minutes in his legs? Mourinho' s options were virtually non existent.

I have been very critical of Aurier this season but I do not think that he has been awful lately and has been one of our main attacking threats. I would've started him and given him licence to get forward.

I have been very critical of Aurier this season but I do not think that he has been awful lately and has been one of our main attacking threats. I would've started him and given him licence to get forward.
I’d have started him today and Tanaganga on the left

I’d have started him today and Tanaganga on the left

I'd have stuck with 4-3-3 becoming 3-2-5 in attack. I'm not particularly bothered between Davies and Tanganga at LB.

We've got to find a way of being a threat going forward without Kane and Son. Other than the last 15 minutes on Wednesday, we haven't looked like doing it. I can't blame them for trying something different today but it didn't work. I'm not sure what the answer is but we need to find one soon.

Yes indeed, the options were extremely limited. I firmly believe that Jose thought that with those 5 at the back and those three in midfield we might have a chance to hold on to the ball and build up from the back - giving our smaller forward players the opportunity to get into the game. Chelsea's relentless pressing and the poor performances of all our midfield players didn't help us achieve this. I think the only thing he can realistically be criticised today for is not playing Aurier and moving Tanganga to a CB position. Dele has been worse than useless recently and Lamela can't start with just 20 minutes in his legs. I keep saying we need Parrot on the bench. He may not be ready but he is a centre forward and would enable our better players to play in their best positions.

I wonder whether it is worth trying Sessegnon as Son's understudy. Something like this.

..........Lo Celso Winks
Moura........Dele........ Sessegnon
.............. Bergwijn

We should just give up trying to set up defensively and trying to be compact, because we can't defend for toffees regardless how defensive we try to be. We need to just go all out attack and try to outscore the opposition.

A good idea in principle. However, in practice, we have no attackers who can score goals on a regular basis at the moment!

A good idea in principle. However, in practice, we have no attackers who can score goals on a regular basis at the moment!
It certainly doesn't work the way we set up now, with a clear defensive mindset. Just play a more attacking team and go out with the intention to attack and play in the opposition half, not the other way round. Can't be worse than it is.

Back