• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lamela cant last more than 30 minutes atm and Dele isnt the same with out someone to play off.

Thats the issue, even our "fit" players are not 400% or not played to strengths,
Agreed
Lamela hasn’t had any training session as we have haven’t had time to train
Dele plays off people which he can’t if he has no one to play off

Yep pretty fudging puke inducing.

Jose has been absolutely schooled twice by Lampard. Jesus, let that sink in.

Think people are being too harsh on Mourinho today. He simply doesn't have the tools at the moment. We had previously been complaining we look poor defensively and outplayed in midfield. So what does he do to address those issues today? Start with FIVE defensive defenders and THREE ball players in midfield. One might not unreasonably expect us to be able to retain possession better and play out from the back for once. And get the mastery of midfield with those three all playing.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out like that. Five at the back didn't shore up our defense . And the midfielders constantly lost possession. Chelsea hounded and pressed us at full back and wingback so well that our only option was to go long. Little Stevie and Moura had no chance against their giant back three.

We have a hugely depleted squad missing our two main goalscoring weapons and another who is sadly totally out of form. We faced the perfect storm with three hard games in 6 days and a lack of realistic rotation opportunities. Until we bring in some steel down our spine, we will continue to struggle. It doesn't matter what Mourinho does - it is like changing the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Think people are being too harsh on Mourinho today. He simply doesn't have the tools at the moment. We had previously been complaining we look poor defensively and outplayed in midfield. So what does he do to address those issues today? Start with FIVE defensive defenders and THREE ball players in midfield. One might not unreasonably expect us to be able to retain possession better and play out from the back for once. And get the mastery of midfield with those three all playing.

Unfortunately, it didn't work out like that. Five at the back didn't shore up our defense . And the midfielders constantly lost possession. Chelsea hounded and pressed us at full back and wingback so well that our only option was to go long. Little Stevie and Moura had no chance against their giant back three.

We have a hugely depleted squad missing our two main goalscoring weapons and another who is sadly totally out of form. We faced the perfect storm with three hard games in 6 days and a lack of realistic rotation opportunities. Until we bring in some steel down our spine, we will continue to struggle. It doesn't matter what Mourinho does - it is like changing the deck chairs on the Titanic.
I think the wing back calls were wrong
To play that system you have to have wing backs that attack

But he hasn’t played him at any point
He would never bring him on here
He doesn’t even think he is anywhere near ready hence the 121 coaching

Mourinho has brought him on as a sub before. Burnley I think it was. And he gave him the match ball iirc instead of Son who had scored that fantastic solo goal in the 5-0 win. He has also said he "would get some minutes" this season. Surely now is the time.

He's dealing with difficult circumstances, agreed. But Bournemouth went there this year and won. Crystal Palace went there and won too IIRC. They're poor at home.

You could see from the off, we set up scared. I don't think we got a touch for over 2 minutes.

Lo Celso was out of position and struggled to get into the game. Dele was warming the bench. Jose set us up badly, we were very susceptible to the press that undid us against Chelsea at home and his selection left much to be desired.

Lots of mitigating circumstances contributed to our defeat today but Jose's tactics also contributed. He doesn't get a free pass for today.

Mourinho has bought him on as a sub before. Burnley I think it was. And he gave him the match ball iirc instead of Son who had scored that fantastic solo goal in the 5-0 win. He has also said he "would get some minutes" this season. Surely now is the time.
He hasn’t played any games since
Not even under 23s

He's dealing with difficult circumstances, agreed. But Bournemouth went there this year and won. Crystal Palace went there and won too IIRC. They're poor at home.

You could see from the off, we set up scared. I don't think we got a touch for over 2 minutes.

Lo Celso was out of position and struggled to get into the game. Dele was warming the bench. Jose set us up badly, we were very susceptible to the press that undid us against Chelsea at home and his selection left much to be desired.

Lots of mitigating circumstances contributed to our defeat today but Jose's tactics also contributed. He doesn't get a free pass for today.

So what would you have done instead? Played the awful Aurier? Not played Davies after his third game in 6 days after being out for months? Who to play instead of Verts who has looked shambolic recently? Who to play upfront? Lucas and Little Stevie are running on empty and being played out of position? Play the woeful Dele - and where -centre forward? Play the carthorse Dier? Play Lamela who only apparently has 20 minutes in his legs? Mourinho' s options were virtually non existent.

So what would you have done instead? Played the awful Aurier? Not played Davies after his third game in 6 days after being out for months? Who to play instead of Verts who has looked shambolic recently? Who to play upfront? Lucas and Little Stevie are running on empty and being played out of position? Play the woeful Dele - and where -centre forward? Play the carthorse Dier? Play Lamela who only apparently has 20 minutes in his legs? Mourinho' s options were virtually non existent.
No one seems to want to recognise the amount of games in a short period as a valid reason for things not working
I still come back to his plans as of Monday lunchtime going out the window with sons injury
Add in NO time to change tactics and he has been tinkling in the wind
I expect a more structured approach next Sunday after 8 days off and then I’ll judge more

No one seems to want to recognise the amount of games in a short period as a valid reason for things not working
I still come back to his plans as of Monday lunchtime going out the window with sons injury
I expect a more structured approach next Sunday after 8 days off and then I’ll judge more

It may or may not be marginally better. But it still comes down to the lack of tools at his disposal at the moment.

This isn’t just addressed to your post but to answer other parts too.,,
We were outplayed by Southampton in the FA Cup replay. We had Aston Villa running at us causing us all sorts of problems defensively, yet Aston Villa didn’t have a single shot on target this afternoon first half v Southampton. Plus the comments about how Mourinho is trying to fix the defensive issues. Chucking an extra player at it, by itself, isn’t going to make a difference. There are a lot of teams that play 4 at the back that don’t have a fraction of the defensive issues that we have been experiencing. There’s issues with defensive structure, positioning, tactics and mentality which have to be addressed before just throwing another player at the problem and hoping it fixes everything.

It may or may not be marginally better. But it still comes down to the lack of tools at his disposal at the moment.
I think we will have more structure
This team today was not the team that started Wednesday for example
He is kinda winging it now

This isn’t just addressed to your post but to answer other parts too.,,
We were outplayed by Southampton in the FA Cup replay. We had Aston Villa running at us causing us all sorts of problems defensively, yet Aston Villa didn’t have a single shot on target this afternoon first half v Southampton. Plus the comments about how Mourinho is trying to fix the defensive issues. Chucking an extra player at it, by itself, isn’t going to make a difference. There are a lot of teams that play 4 at the back that don’t have a fraction of the defensive issues that we have been experiencing. There’s issues with defensive structure, positioning, tactics and meteorology which have to be addressed before just throwing another player at the problem and hoping it fixes everything.
I agree
You can’t just fix them though can you?
I mean you need time to fix things and he has had a total of 2 weeks off with the players plus the winter break farce

Back