• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a great half, but we've had a few decent chances. Our midfield is too slow. Ndombele have been decent in patches, but looks like he's made of glass and not quite up to speed. Lucas keeps losing possession.
Lucas loses possession as he has no one to pass too
When we moved to this set up mid week we had Lamela left and Aurier right who are both attacking

Need to ship N'domele out! He is not up to it. Weak, slow and lazy.

He's got the tools to get past players and release some excellent passes though (which he's done at least three times already in the game). I agree he hasn't been at his best, but he's a massive asset to have on the pitch in games like these, in my opinion.

Started the game too deep and passive, when chelsea lacked confidence, we let them come onto us, let them get on the ball. After they scored we pushed up more, and were better. I don't like us being too deep, we cant recycle the ball, and we give all the initiative to the opposition. And we're not great on the break.

Chelsea closing us down better than we are them, and that was the difference for me. Otherwise not much in it. our midfield looks light, lacking confidence and practice in Ndombele. Winks and LeCelco looks a little tired.

But we're only 1 down, just need to be more positive.

I look at the team on paper...decent line up, good chance here.
Then the team turns up and seems badly coached, unmotivated, and as if there is no real game plan. And all my hope from before is straight out of the window. I’ll always support the team but the players out there ought to be capable of a LOT more than this brick they’ve served up so far.

Not you personally but I think some people on this forum need to realign from the Poch days.

The game has gone exactly to Jose’s plan apart from one piece of lapse defending from Toby that let Giroud get in behind.

The team has stood off in the main and nipped in where possible and tried to feed Lucas and Stevie. We could have nicked one, we didn’t and they did.

This is how it is now - this is what they would have been coached to do.

Doesn't feel like a derby game at all.
Only 4 of these played in the battle of the bridge.
Get Dier, Lamela and Alli on and kick them off the fudging pitch.

Even with a striker we would be struggling tbh

That midfield is toothless and poor with the ball.

Simple passes missing targets and putting team mates under pressure

Lo celso/Dombele/winks is our best footballing midfield on paper and they have been awful.

He's got the tools to get past players and release some excellent passes though (which he's done at least three times already in the game). I agree he hasn't been at his best, but he's a massive asset to have on the pitch in games like these, in my opinion.

I agree, but he doesn't have the stomach for battle, he's a weak sister.

This formation is really hampering our midfield. If we switch to 4-2-3-1 we will have a chance imo.

Surprising after we’ve been so bad that they haven’t put us under more pressure. Giving them too much respect imo - just get out there and smash them.

I wish Alderweireld hadn’t signed a new contract. Why did he let Giroud go for the goal? He’s not been great this season.

The problem wiht going to a back 4 as a number of people are saying is that we risk our wide men having to pick up their wing backs and you end up with a back 6

We cant carry on playing deep and standing off though. Need a change of either formation, personnel or tactics (or more than 1 of those)

Back