• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is surely a must-win match for us. Chelsea are our direct rivals for the 4th place. Since we are playing away, a draw will be a good result but we must win to move above them into the 4th place. We don't have a good record against Chelsea in recent matches, losing our last 3 matches against them in all competitions. Since Mourinho is facing his former club, hope he will use all the experience to get that much needed win over them.

Our attack will be key to us winning this match. With Kane and Son out injured, our options are limited in attack. The likes of Moura, Alli, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Lamela need to help get us the goals. Surely Lamela needs to start this match even with his injury problems. Lamela proved his worth against Leipzig after coming on in the second half. But he needs to start this match to have more time to make an impact.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. We really need to control the midfield to have any chance of winning. Our midfield have been getting outplayed by almost all the teams this season. Wish we still have someone like Dembele or Wanyama to control the midfield. Too bad we sold Dembele while Wanyama is out of favour. Winks or Dier are really not in the same class as them. Not sure if we will ever see the best of our new signing Ndombele who can't seem to be fully fit.

You have to be worried about our defence in this match. We just cannot seem to stop conceding goals nowadays. It seems like we will need a miracle to stop Chelsea scoring in this match. Wish Mourinho will start Alderweireld and Vertonghen together in defence. Our defence look more compact when they play together. Sanzhez played well against Leipzig but he gets easily panicked against big teams. Hope the likes of Aurier and Davies will have an error-free match. Lloris too needs to be at his best to stop Chelsea in this match.

This will be another tense match. We have won our last 3 league matches in a row while Chelsea are in bad form, being winless in their last 4 league matches. We must make use of this chance to beat them. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Chelsea and move into the 4th place.

Let's deal in facts shall we. Lineker made his League debut for Leicester on Q1/1/79 aged 18. !!!!

In a lower league. I think that Parrott should be doing the same right now.

Of the other players, what similarities do you see in their playing style to Parrott's, that make them a good measure of what we can expect from him?

He's not going to play if he's not ready, how difficult is that to grasp?

He may not be ready. But he is a young, fit and a centre forward. We don't have too many of them available to us now. A berth on the subs bench and only to be used in adversity must surely be the best option available to us at this moment in time.

In a lower league. I think that Parrott should be doing the same right now.

Of the other players, what similarities do you see in their playing style to Parrott's, that make them a good measure of what we can expect from him?
See my answer above

Everybody dance now!

Can see this being a tough London derby match against Chelsea. We need an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the gamee off. Let's hope Mourinho will use all his magic to help us beat Chelsea and move into the 4th place.

Will be very tough no doubt. Another game where I think we'll need to keep it tight, avoid mistakes and wait for our chances to get a result.

Difficult to predict any lineup with injuries, fitness issues and our packed fixture list. Would be surprised to see Ndombele or Lamela in the starting lineup.

Think Tanganga might be given the nod. Hopefully Winks and Lo Celso are ready for another start. And hopefully Bergwijn, Alli and Moura aren't all worn out.

They’ll be well up for it today , Could do with a positive start.

Would take a draw to be honest would not be a disaster. Clean sheet will be needed nice boring 0-0.

COYS !

He may not be ready. But he is a young, fit and a centre forward. We don't have too many of them available to us now. A berth on the subs bench and only to be used in adversity must surely be the best option available to us at this moment in time.
I agree. And it's not just in adversity but if we happen to be 2-3 up he can give one of the 'dead' players 20 mins off. With the bonus of Parott getting a bit of time with the alleged pressure off.

I don't buy the pressure thing btw . The academy kid stepping in every now and then to help out when we're desperate....yep the crowd would be all over him :rolleyes:...the only pressure is what he'd put on himself. In fact having a period where you are the only genuine CF is a help mentally as if you perform you may well gets more minutes opposed to being given a chance knowing more senior players are just waiting to take your place.

Good thing that they don’t have Kante so think it’s going to be an end to end match. It will be scrappy, and most likely a fight will break out at some stage...even if it’s more a scuffle etc than a true ‘fight’. I think there will be goals in the match and yet the best striker either team has fit is a striker that almost left them to join us - Giroud.
I think we can win. We have the better team on paper, just need to get out there and put in full efforts, press, and then take the chances that we get. And whatever we do don’t start slowly.

Will be very tough no doubt. Another game where I think we'll need to keep it tight, avoid mistakes and wait for our chances to get a result.

Difficult to predict any lineup with injuries, fitness issues and our packed fixture list. Would be surprised to see Ndombele or Lamela in the starting lineup.

Think Tanganga might be given the nod. Hopefully Winks and Lo Celso are ready for another start. And hopefully Bergwijn, Alli and Moura aren't all worn out.

I think that last bit is right, just a question of who else in midfield/attack alongside them. My guess is Gedson, unless he surprises everyone and plays a back 3. Personally I'd rather have an extra midfielder than defender given that they only play one up top. We'll know in 15 mins!

Back 3 from them too....

Chelsea
  • 13Caballero
  • 28Azpilicueta
  • 4Christensen
  • 2Rüdiger
  • 24James
  • 5Jorginho
  • 17Kovacic
  • 3Alonso
  • 8Barkley
  • 19Mount
  • 18Giroud
Substitutes
  • 1Arrizabalaga
  • 9Abraham
  • 10Willian
  • 12Loftus-Cheek
  • 15Zouma
  • 33Emerson
  • 47Gilmour

Again I struggle to understand why Skipp is on the bench. We have 3 CMs starting, plus Dier, Gedson and Dele on the bench who can all play in midfield. Would it not be more sensible to have Sessegnon or Parrott so that we have more (different) options?

Back