• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Chelscumski

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy-downsized-large.gif

ugly, horrible, niggly game, 1-0 winner 89 mins T.Parrott sent on as sub scores on debut

Jose should please place Parrott on bench with the intention to give him playing time. I dont buy that crap that he is not ready. Players develop with time.

Jose should please place Parrott on bench with the intention to give him playing time. I dont buy that crap that he is not ready. Players develop with time.

Pirate wants his Parrot on the bench too. However "unready" he is. He is still a fit centre forward and goal scorer. Rooney, Fowler, Owen, Lineker al made debuts as youngsters. You can't teach inate goal scoring ability. Let's see for ourselves if this guy has it. We can't do any worse - our three other options are all dead on their feet. If not now, they assuredly will be after an hour of an intense London derby. Literally .Nothing. To. Lose. At the very least, he can " run about a bit". He may even ( whisper it ) score !!!!

Pirate wants his Parrot on the bench too. However "unready" he is. He is still a fit centre forward and goal scorer. Rooney, Fowler, Owen, Lineker al made debuts as youngsters. You can't teach inate goal scoring ability. Let's see for ourselves if this guy has it. We can't do any worse - our three other options are all dead on their feet. If not now, they assuredly will be after an hour of an intense London derby. Literally .Nothing. To. Lose. At the very least, he can " run about a bit". He may even ( whisper it ) score !!!!

He's not going to play if he's not ready, how difficult is that to grasp?

If we're at either extreme of winning comfortably, or of losing with no sight of where a goal is coming from, then there might be nothing to lose by bringing him on.
If we're drawing, or under pressure and hanging onto a lead, then what is Parrott like at the non-goal scoring aspects of his game? Does he track back, can he put in a defensive shift, can the other players rely on him? Of course I don't know the answers to any of those questions but when Mourinho says that Parrott is not ready it may well be that he's looking at more than just his ability to score goals.
I'd love to see him on the bench as that would mean he is showing the right signs of being ready, and I get the chicken and egg conundrum of how does he get experience without playing. But our lack of striker options are clear for everyone to see and Mourinho is very vocal about it. If there was the slightest chance of Parrott being able to contribute then Mourinho would be using him. So if he doesn't, it must be for good reason, even if we can't make sense of what that reason is.

Lineker was 20 when he first played in the top flight.

Man I hope we smash these clams... Just want to see Lampards bloated head looking mystified. I know it'll be difficult, but I'm hoping some Jose brick-housery gets us over the line.

Lineker was 20 when he first played in the top flight.

He only made nine appearances that season. It was the following year, in the second division, when he established himself in the Leicester side and he was 23 when he had his first full season in the first division. He also played on the wing a lot when he first got into the Leicester side.

He only made nine appearances that season. It was the following year, in the second division, when he established himself in the Leicester side and he was 23 when he had his first full season in the first division. He also played on the wing a lot when he first got into the Leicester side.

Let's deal in facts shall we. Lineker made his League debut for Leicester on Q1/1/79 aged 18. !!!!

Us? Selected for TV's early game away at the bluescum, and with the chance to leapfrog them into 4th spot with a win? With our reputation?

13face.jpg

I think we know the way this is going.

The only hope we have is if the media proceeds to declare Chelsea as overwhelming favourites labelling Spurs as a bunch of ninnyvanters (whatever that means) and some players forget about the CL places.

Feels like this could be the decisive game in the final trajectory of our season.

Yes, I'd take a point now if we could. I''m expecting Kane to be back in early April so I'm just hoping that we can keep pace with the other top 4 contenders until that time and then hopefully kick on for the last few games.

We have 5 games between now and April, including Man U, Cheatski and Wolves. Ahead of hte Wolves game, we have a free midweek whereas they're in Spain on the Thurs night so would be nice to win that one, though frankly if we were to draw all 3 of those and win the other two (Burnley away and West Ham at home) it would be a decent enough return

Back