• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

One can certainly point out flaws in our current team with ease. Effort and team spirit surely can't be easily pointed to as a weakness.

Seems that our squad cohesion is stronger than it's been for quite a while now and that Mourinho is getting a lot out of these players. Despite claims that he can't work with millenials, can't work with young players etc.

Can't wait for him to have a proper squad in place with fit players and options he trusts and wants.

Not that it helped Ajax get through in the end but fair play to the Eredivisie for actually helping one of their clubs progress in European competition.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-04-19...reparations-for-semi-final-against-tottenham/

All Eredivisie fixtures the weekend before Ajax's Champions League clash with Tottenham have been postponed, Dutch football chiefs have announced.

Ajax were scheduled to play De Graafschap on Sunday, April 28 and then Tottenham in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, April 30.

The Dutch federation, the KNVB, said its decision to delay all the weekend's league fixtures was made to allow Ajax two days' full rest between the games.
I remember this at the time, I’d have been furious if our last game of the season had been postponed to help a Prem team in the final, especially if it had been at home! I’d love to see more thought for games post CL but it is a price of success and for the clubs selling their souls to TV.

I have no complaints with him. He is doing the very best he can with a brick hand. I am not sure anyone could adequately defend our inability to buy a striker/loan a short-term 9 in the last window. By not doing so, not only are we short-handed, we are currently destroying players by playing them in places which are NOT their best positions!

I have no complaints with him. He is doing the very best he can with a brick hand. I am not sure anyone could adequately defend our inability to buy a striker/loan a short-term 9 in the last window. By not doing so, not only are we short-handed, we are currently destroying players by playing them in places which are NOT their best positions!

needs must I guess, I still think the bloody players are lucky to play at such a hum dinging Venue for such a passionate support.

hopefully in time we will be more organised and better prepared, with pegs placed in correct holes.

as mentioned before we must fight and we mustn’t allow this ‘feeling sorry for ourselves’ culture to drag on for too long, won’t be good for us.

Yep, we shot ourselves in the foot (again) by not getting in someone - even if it was an extra head to do a 6 month job.

An issue for next season is we are flogging the same players now and lots wont have rest due to Euros.

The problem is people are buying into the media narrative that Jose is playing brick football, should have sorted stuff out and is using his pressers to deflect from that.

You are right, guy started with a brick hand, in the middle of a season with a team in a rut for almost a year, with players wanting out and team playing absolute brick.

- He has got rid of the want aways (and I think the team spirit/morale change has been obvious to see)
- He has won more points than anyone bar Pool since joining, including scoring more goals, winning away matches, winning 3 on bounce (stuff we haven't done in a year)
- He's bedding in our latest acquisitions and getting performances out of them that seemingly justify both the purchases and the type of game we will play
- He's improved Sanchez and Winks, and made Aurier at least serviceable for the season

This despite being minus Kane, now Son and Sissoko, 3 players who played almost every game for club in last 12-18 months.

If Kane, Son and Sissoko were fit, I would bet my fudging house on this guy bring us in top 4, but you play the hands you are dealt.

We need to survive this season, get our guys fit, back him with 2-3 decent buys, probably get rid of 1-2 he doesn't see a place for and see what the next season brings

Note that Emirates Marketing Project usually play with midget Aguero up top, surrounded by midgets.
So whilst Aguero is far, far, farrrrr better than Moura and their team movement/play is elite/bought illegally.

It proves it is possible to play good football with a load of tricky midgets/dwarves/shorties, not sure which is the correct term nowadays.

The problem is people are buying into the media narrative that Jose is playing brick football, should have sorted stuff out and is using his pressers to deflect from that.

You are right, guy started with a brick hand, in the middle of a season with a team in a rut for almost a year, with players wanting out and team playing absolute brick.

- He has got rid of the want aways (and I think the team spirit/morale change has been obvious to see)
- He has won more points than anyone bar Pool since joining, including scoring more goals, winning away matches, winning 3 on bounce (stuff we haven't done in a year)
- He's bedding in our latest acquisitions and getting performances out of them that seemingly justify both the purchases and the type of game we will play
- He's improved Sanchez and Winks, and made Aurier at least serviceable for the season

This despite being minus Kane, now Son and Sissoko, 3 players who played almost every game for club in last 12-18 months.

If Kane, Son and Sissoko were fit, I would bet my fudging house on this guy bring us in top 4, but you play the hands you are dealt.

We need to survive this season, get our guys fit, back him with 2-3 decent buys, probably get rid of 1-2 he doesn't see a place for and see what the next season brings
I want to like your post but then you mention Sissoko as being a positive and I can't have that. [emoji38]

Otherwise great stuff.

It proves it is possible to play good football with a load of tricky midgets/dwarves/shorties, not sure which is the correct term nowadays.

Spain also played without any striker at all - I think that was a decade ago or something. In theory, it's possible and it's even possible to achieve some measure of success with that kind of custom formations but you need a) the right personel and b) players who are versatile enough to adapt to the new style on the fly.

Whether we have the players to do something like that is arguable but, more importantly, it would be a huge step backwards. Club football (IMO) is much about routine and moves practiced a million times on the training ground these days. Changing our style of play for a brand of uber-tiki-take would probably see us put in some awful performances at first and it would be counter-productive in the long run, since Mourinho doesn't want us to play like that. He'd change back the first chance he'd get.

More than anything, I think it's the uncertainty the managers dislike. Mourinho feels he's got a winning formula so it's probably easier for him to fit a square peg in a round hole (keep the winning formula and play someone out of position) than to completely rethink his strategy without any guarantee of getting the results he's looking for.

Note that Emirates Marketing Project usually play with midget Aguero up top, surrounded by midgets.
So whilst Aguero is far, far, farrrrr better than Moura and their team movement/play is elite/bought illegally.

It’s the quality and calibre of said dwarves

And also the supply line, the structure and the strategy

and they also win the midfield battle which doesn’t happen with a 2 man midfield

they play with a 3, Spain played a 3 or a 6 arguably

Indeed. I hate false narratives/history being used as a definition for current situations when it has no relevance...I have to say that overall his pressers have been decent IMO. No doubt the injuries have fudged what would've been (I agree) a guaranteed top 4 spot. I still think he might well make it.

Back