• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

We will get nothing for Wanyama. We need to hope that we can find a club that will take him on a free and match his wages.

Getting £50 million combined for Dier and Lamela will be a challenge I think. I would love to be surprised though. I agree with you that all three shouldn't be in our squad next season however.
Selling those two for £50m would be plain stupid.

We couldn't buy one player fit to lace either of their boots for £50m, let alone two.

Last edited:
He never gets injured in a game
I can’t remember him ever going off injured
True, but I didn't say he did. He must wake up the next morning going "Oh my bleedin' days Doris, I'm in a right 2 an' 8, I've buggered me crotch good an' pwoppa this time"

True, but I didn't say he did. He must wake up the next morning going "Oh my bleedin' days Doris, I'm in a right 2 an' 8, I've buggered me crotch good an' pwoppa this time"
Ever said you said that you did
But the guy never gets injured on the pitch, it’s always in training

We couldn't buy one player fit to lace either of their boots for £50m, let alone two.

Dier is meh at this point so he's worth not a great deal and no one would come in and pay any real mo way for him sadly. And for 50m you can deffo get better than Lamela we did just that this summer (GLC) and this winter (Bergwijn).

Dier is meh at this point so he's worth not a great deal and no one would come in and pay any real mo way for him sadly. And for 50m you can deffo get better than Lamela we did just that this summer (GLC) and this winter (Bergwijn).
They're both very good, but they've got a long, long way to go before they're at that level.

They're both very good, but they've got a long, long way to go before they're at that level.
We'll have to disagree massively at what level you're placing Lamela. He's decent and no more than that. His best attribute is his snideyness and workrate. A great squad option but I can already see significant levels of difference GLC and him and Bergwijn looks likewise but based on less evidence imo.

Erik Lamela: The key Spurs man Jose Mourinho adores but just cannot get enough of

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/erik-lamela-key-spurs-man-17782974

When it comes to passion, work rate and attitude, the other Spurs players not fit to tie Lamela's boot laces. He not only improves our attack greatly but stops other team playing with his tough tackles. If he can overcome his injury problems and score more goals, Lamela would be a legend at Spurs !

Last edited:
Lamela is the graham roberts of today's team, doesn't know how not give his all, loves his team and teammates, could have gone back to italy/argentina many times, i'm sure like roberts he 'would run thru walls for tottenham"

Lamela is the graham roberts of today's team, doesn't know how not give his all, loves his team and teammates, could have gone back to italy/argentina many times, i'm sure like roberts he 'would run thru walls for tottenham"

And injure himself in the process.:(

I love everything about him, except for the fact that we can't rely on him being available for any extended period of time,, which we need now more than ever.

You must value Lamela VERY highly in that case! ;)

Selling those two for £50 million would be an incredible piece of business and allow us to invest that £50 million (and hopefully some more) in replacing them with players who are good (and fit) enough to help us win trophies. Lamela is an admittedly borderline good enough sicknote. Dier is just not good enough, slow on the turn, immobile, average to poor control, can't carry the ball, doesn't pass particularly well, commits a lot of fouls (I think probably because he is so slow now so just always wrong side and/or late).

In every PL game that I watch the opposition seem to have a deep central midfield player who is better than Dier. I think he would be incredibly easy to replace. We could sign Kalvin Phillips from Leeds for £20 to £25 million and instantly be far better in both defence and attack than when we have Dier lumbering around doing little other than conceding fouls.

Lamela I admit does have quality and he also matches that with work rate. If we don't consider fitness then he would be a starting midfield player for us. The problem is that he is fit so rarely. Can we afford to keep relying on a player who we expect to be available for less than 50% of the time?

So if we've aready improved on Dier using only half of that £50 million the question becomes whether we could buy somebody to replace Lamela for the remaining half?

Last edited:
You must value Lamela VERY highly in that case! ;)

Selling those two for £50 million would be an incredible piece of business and allow us to invest that £50 million (and hopefully some more) in replacing them with players who are good (and fit) enough to help us win trophies. Lamela is an admittedly borderline good enough sicknote. Dier is just not good enough, slow on the turn, immobile, average to poor control, can't carry the ball, doesn't pass particularly well, commits a lot of fouls (I think probably because he is so slow now so just always wrong side and/or late).

In every PL game that I watch the opposition seem to have a deep central midfield player who is better than Dier. I think he would be incredibly easy to replace. We could sign Kalvin Phillips from Leeds for £20 to £25 million and instantly be far better in both defence and attack than when we have Dier lumbering around doing little other than conceding fouls.

Lamela I admit does have quality and he also matches that with work rate. If we don't consider fitness then he would be a starting midfield player for us. The problem is that he is fit so rarely. Can we afford to keep relying on a player who we expect to be available for less than 50% of the time?

So if we've aready improved on Dier using only half of that £50 million the question becomes whether we could buy somebody to replace Lamela for the remaining half?
Course you can
We brought bergwein for the £25m we would get for Lamela

Back