• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

This is the problem, any of Son Moura and even Dele aren't pass interchangers (Dele sometimes off the cuff, but never gets a wriggle on when shifting the ball when he has time), so they are basically finishers. That's ok if we develop our game behind them to deliver them into that position.

Obviously Kane is capable in all aspects of the game and interestingly Stevie looks like he could be someone who has pace and equally doesn't mind passing if that looks like a better option than shooting so more of a team player.
Son is capable he just chooses not to or in the heat of the moment doesn't think to. But he's been part of some quick interchanging movements at times. Even Moura has it in him but it's deffo not his forte, I agree with the rest of your assessment. Bergwijn does look equally sharp in front of goal and creative and willing to share in the final 3rd.

Son is capable he just chooses not to or in the heat of the moment doesn't think to
What you're basically describing there is someone who is not capable:D

I don't mind Sonny or Moura not being that kind of player as long as we play to their strengths. I think both are pretty good finishers (not Kane level but good) and vitally not scared of scoring.

None of them are as clever a finisher as Kane, which is why our shots-on-target graphic often shows virtually everything going straight at the middle of the goal. Not generally the way to get joy at this level.

Another very good game from him, he looks like he is a natural and has the confidence to play without nerves. For a player who had a few injury concerns earlier this season he seems to be finding his feet quite quickly. I look forward to this guy becoming a very good player.

Another very good game from him, he looks like he is a natural and has the confidence to play without nerves. For a player who had a few injury concerns earlier this season he seems to be finding his feet quite quickly. I look forward to this guy becoming a very good player.
Spot on. Rightly highlighted by Mourinho too.

Gone from questions being asked about if we would even make his deal permanent to a key player very quickly.

Great to watch him play.

Spot on. Rightly highlighted by Mourinho too.

Gone from questions being asked about if we would even make his deal permanent to a key player very quickly.

Great to watch him play.

Yep, i know we fans get excited every time we sign a player but he has really impressed me so far and i can not help but think about how good he can become.

Needs players on the same wavelength in the team. They didn't link up much, but there was at least one instance of him and Ndombele exchanging passes tightly around the RB box. I'm pretty sure it led to one of the freekicks, maybe the one Lamela took.

He, Lamela, N'dombele, Bergwijn alone at moments look scary good, add Son & Kane back to that, and a midfielder capable of holding possession behind and you would have a very strong side.

He really is a fantastic player.

Puts in a stack of effort, a battler, a complete schema, fully confident in his own ability, always looking for the best pass not the safest.

Sad to say but he would be absolutely perfect in the City or Barca teams.

In fact with David Silva going I can't think of anyone better as a replacement.:(

He's the combination of the good bits of Eriksen and lamela that we've always been looking for.
Pitt everything has went to poop around him.
Yes he is what we hoped Lamela would be when we bought him and have tried to mould him into but just hasn't worked. GLC is the real deal, now it's just about fitting him into a balanced and complementary line up.

He really is a fantastic player.

Puts in a stack of effort, a battler, a complete schema, fully confident in his own ability, always looking for the best pass not the safest.

Sad to say but he would be absolutely perfect in the City or Barca teams.

In fact with David Silva going I can't think of anyone better as a replacement.:(
Foden is his replacement

He, Lamela, N'dombele, Bergwijn alone at moments look scary good, add Son & Kane back to that, and a midfielder capable of holding possession behind and you would have a very strong side.
Could Skipp turn out to be that player? Oodles of energy, tigerish in the tackle, decent skill on the ball and quality distribution. If he has a drawback it's his tendency to give away cheap free kicks around the box but he's still young so that can be eradicated with coaching and experience.

I haven't really been that impressed with Bergwijn yet. I thought last night Gedson was head and shoulders better than him last night in the same position. Bergwign got no joy at all out of Aarons but Gedson beat him every single time he got the ball.

I haven't really been that impressed with Bergwijn yet. I thought last night Gedson was head and shoulders better than him last night in the same position. Bergwign got no joy at all out of Aarons but Gedson beat him every single time he got the ball.

And why did berg win look knackered last night? Seemed to be running in treacle.

And why did berg win look knackered last night? Seemed to be running in treacle.
I just don't think he is very fast in terms of top speed. He has a good, explosive burst of acceleration but anything over 10 yards and he get's caught up. It looks to me that he would be best suited to a team that play high up the pitch as opposed to our deep, defensive, game.

Can’t wait to see this guy with Kane and Son fit.

He’s living off scraps in front of him and doesn’t have a fully fledged DCM next to him and still performing so well.

Back