• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

He never bosses games, doesn't have that skill set. What he can do is decide games, when he's playing in a very specific position.

Not sure how sustainable that is though, as the whole team needs to play a certain way to accommodate him.

I don't think, much like Eriksen if he was looking to leave there would be the demand for him at the very top clubs. Who would he displace at those teams?
United would love him
Chelsea would too IMO

He can boss games when he plays consistently in the same position.

Not really - he hasnt done so for a while.

Going back a few years, look at Eric Cantona. Similar physique, similar position, similar level of swagger, equally technically gifted....he bossed games and there would be games which he would win single-handedly.

Dele almost never has those games, but thats what he should be aspiring to.

Not really - he hasnt done so for a while.

Going back a few years, look at Eric Cantona. Similar physique, similar position, similar level of swagger, equally technically gifted....he bossed games and there would be games which he would win single-handedly.

Dele almost never has those games, but thats what he should be aspiring to.
Cantina played with a striker when he bossed those games

Player is annoyed at being brought off in CL knockout tie. Well I never.

Dele suffering from no Kane, I think that's pretty obvious.

Dele's main skill set is:

Late runs into box, headers and composed finishes (Villa aside)
Playing off a striker.
Knitting CM to wide forwards/striker with clever key passes/assists not really any wider than the 18 yard box.
Defending from the front by closing angles and making life difficult for opponents.

At the moment he's being asked to play in positions that really don't suit his style. Especially like last night, and the City and Liverpool games where he's being asked to do the donkey work wide and deep.

At the moment he's being asked to play in positions that really don't suit his style. Especially like last night, and the City and Liverpool games where he's being asked to do the donkey work wide and deep.

I think that he's quite good at the donkey work, it is just not as eye catching as his attacking play. He's been taking one for the team for the last 18 months and is taking a lot of flack for it.

So many drama queens on this board it's unreal ... Dele showed passion and I'm sure he was disappointed at being subbed again. He knows he is not in top form, but make no mistake about it he is a quality player.

Goodbye dele ... fudging get a grip.

I'd rather say goodbye to some of you gobbrick spurs fans before Dele. I back Dele to cement a role in his favoured position rather than being asked to play multiple positions which are not suited to his skill set.

So many drama queens on this board it's unreal ... Dele showed passion and I'm sure he was disappointed at being subbed again. He knows he is not in top form, but make no mistake about it he is a quality player.

Goodbye dele ... fudging get a grip.

I'd rather say goodbye to some of you gobbrick spurs fans before Dele. I back Dele to cement a role in his favoured position rather than being asked to play multiple positions which are not suited to his skill set.

I get quite annoyed when I hear people say we should get rid. He's a top, top player. He's out of form for a number of reasons (most beyond his control) but some fans are not slow to write a player off when he's struggling. I hope they aren't the same fans who had a go at Eriksen for not showing any loyalty.

There's a stereotype being perpetuated about Alli that stinks a little bit and people seem to be buying it.

If I were Mourinho I'd be thinking about replacing flakey players with reliable performers. Bergwijn staying on says it all.
Jose took a bit of a dig at him after the game ("He's angry at his performance not me. He'll understand why he was taken off and why the team improved"). Looks like Jose is trying to draw a bit of a reaction from Dele. Risky strategy but hope it pays off.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back