• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Touched into the post but do you seriously view that as a dangerous free kick? Keeper had if covered the whole way, made a slight meal of it. GLC's record speaks for itself. No goals, no assists in 16 or 17 appearances. Quality?
He has five starts, 645 minutes total in the PL so far. In his first season. Playing mostly as a deep midfielder.

No, that record doesn't speak for itself. Unless it's saying small sample size, strange selection of stats to cherry pick.

Touched into the post but do you seriously view that as a dangerous free kick? Keeper had if covered the whole way, made a slight meal of it. GLC's record speaks for itself. No goals, no assists in 16 or 17 appearances. Quality?

He was a decent distance out and it was a pretty good strike from what I recall.

He did score in one of the European games if IIRC. And one of the other players you rightly laud above (Modric) didn't exactly set the world alight in terms of assists and goals. Yet, he was one of best players of the last 40 years. Not saying GLC is there yet but give him a chance.

Strange none of them was that bothered about signing him then. Lo Celso's contribution has been as good as anything Eriksen had been serving up these last few months.

I'm guessing you've left a job before? During your finals weeks were performing as well as you previously did? If that's GLC's level then I maintain my opinion that we need better.

He was a decent distance out and it was a pretty good strike from what I recall.

He did score in one of the European games if IIRC. And one of the other players you rightly laud above (Modric) didn't exactly set the world alight in terms of assists and goals. Yet, he was one of best players of the last 40 years. Not saying GLC is there yet but give him a chance.

It was strange that for this free kick and I think the subsequent free kick that Lamela took, the actual foul was just outside the D but the ref for some reason marched 3-5 yards back before using his spray. Our players didn't seem to complain but it definitely reduced our likelihood of scoring.

I just watch the game and while the performance itself was forgettable, the Mourinho bashing in the media is ridiculous. First of all, Leipzig are a very good team, much better than most people give them credit for. Second of all, you'd believe we were at full strength reading the match reports! Sure, starting the season with no back-up for Kane was a criminal mistake, but that's hardly Mourinho's fault.

Regardless of whether it's an enjoyable one, it's probably more important at this stage to keep a consistent style and drill some habits into the players. Having said that, the next few weeks are going to feel very, very long. I don't think we'll score too many goals as Mourinho's tactics require a lot of work from our forwards (of which only one is left) and despite his good work rate, Moura is ill-suited to playing up to, I think. Unless there's a striker hidden somewhere in Dele, goals are going to be few and far between, I'm afraid.

Losing everything we've worked so hard to get back is going to be such a drag... The punishment starts in two days at Stamford Bridge. It's so good to be a Spurs fan sometimes...

It was strange that for this free kick and I think the subsequent free kick that Lamela took, the actual foul was just outside the D but the ref for some reason marched 3-5 yards back before using his spray. Our players didn't seem to complain but it definitely reduced our likelihood of scoring.
For Lo Celsos fk, that was for shirt pulling, and the offence started several yards away from where, was it Gedson?, fell over, so it was the correct spot.

Ok well everyone outside can say whatever they like. I think we miss Eriksen. I think almost any team would.
We've missed Eriksen for 12 months, recent times? Not so much. But there is something to what you're saying I do not see Lo Celso as a direct Eriksen replacement. He plays deeper and carries the ball better, has more aggression but in pure playmaking skills I think vintage Eriksen was better. But I don't think the plan was ever to directly replace Eriksen player for player, otherwise we would have gone for Bruno Fernandes instead who is a much more direct replacement for the Dane.

Instead Poch intended to increase the overall creativity in the side by adding Lo Celso and Ndombele to the midfield. We obviously haven't seen it in action much but give it time and you will see the qualities that Lo Celso has and how the team develops around that.

We've missed Eriksen for 12 months, recent times? Not so much. But there is something to what you're saying I do not see Lo Celso as a direct Eriksen replacement. He plays deeper and carries the ball better, has more aggression but in pure playmaking skills I think vintage Eriksen was better. But I don't think the plan was ever to directly replace Eriksen player for player, otherwise we would have gone for Bruno Fernandes instead who is a much more direct replacement for the Dane.

Instead Poch intended to increase the overall creativity in the side by adding Lo Celso and Ndombele to the midfield. We obviously haven't seen it in action much but give it time and you will see the qualities that Lo Celso has and how the team develops around that.

that’s part of the challenge now
The team has moved on and players have changed and aged
The football world has changed too very quickly which is why some pressers who hate Mourinho just dig him out on everything
Lo Celso is part of the new world that Poch wanted and Jose is gonna deliver on from next season

Remember when we were flying under Poch... you could name the starting 11 and subs
Remember when players said the pre season under Poch was the hardest and best the ever had. I do
We kept a clean sheet vs City the other day actually didn’t we...

Jose is learning about the current crop by the minute watching them play
He is also dealing with the hand he has as best he can. It even felt to me the changes at the end made us look more cohesive attack wise than we have for a long time and he doesn’t think he changed tactics
He has been here about 15 weeks I think but encases it’s Jose the press are already anti him and judging him. We as fans need to at least give him real time. Minimum 18 months IMO and feck the press... they just want a bad news story
No point giving Jose 18months as he is usually gone at some point during the 3rd season. He gets this season and the start of next, after which point he has to show signs of having developed a winning team. He’s a great manager but a short term one.

Yes I do remember when we were flying, but that team is dead, has been for some time, and that is my point, it wasn't and isn't the manager that's the problem, it's a certain number of players.
I never believed that Jose would turn this squad around.
There are too many that are too old, not good enough or not interested enough.
That for me is the issue and has been for some time.
Something happened last Christmas, and I have no idea what, just like I have no idea how to turn off the bold type :mad:) that has killed that squad.
One clean sheet in how many games, and more by luck than design.

The something that happened last Christmas was that Dembele was sold (and Wanyama had become a crock) , plus all the other things you mentioned.

The something that happened last Christmas was that Dembele was sold (and Wanyama had become a crock) , plus all the other things you mentioned.

Is it that simple? Dembele was a beast but we absolutely destroyed Everton with the last great performance from Poch's team at Christmas and Dembele didn't play. The same as the 3-1 v Chelsea at home a few weeks earlier. Don't get me wrong because I love Dembele but I think his absence contributed to the decline rather than caused it.

I've heard people speculate that perhaps Poch's head was turned by Man U when Jose got the chop. Again, it's possible.

I've said it for a long time but I think the decline started long before last Christmas. I think it started after the 3-1 away to Chelsea the year before. Our performances towards the end of that season were anemic at best. Results were okay but that eventually caught up with us. However, I'm not sure what the cause was at that point.

No point giving Jose 18months as he is usually gone at some point during the 3rd season. He gets this season and the start of next, after which point he has to show signs of having developed a winning team. He’s a great manager but a short term one.
So the most successful manager we've ever had gets given less time than the nobodies we made somebodies out of?

Seems a little backward.

We've already developed compared to the Pochettino slump at least. Despite several key injuries, losing Eriksen and having a squad that's not yet set up the way he wants.

He's changed the mood, the players are fighting again.

Realistically we couldn't have asked for more at this point.

We've already developed compared to the Pochettino slump at least. Despite several key injuries, losing Eriksen and having a squad that's not yet set up the way he wants.

He's changed the mood, the players are fighting again.

Realistically we couldn't have asked for more at this point.

I agree we have improved under Jose and i can not understand those who have said we have not, we still have a way to go but the signs are there. To be honest there are a lot of fans who can not stand Jose and were upset when he got the job, now they are sharpening their knives and are enjoying the " i told you so" . The time to judge Jose will be next season with all our players fit/well and i expect a couple of signings as well.

The football is dogbrick though and we don't look cohesive going forward. When you compare it to what Klopp and Pep are producing, it is a hard watch. Throw Jose's reputation and spikiness on top of it and the narrative starts to build.

For me though, it's just too early to judge him. He's inherited a declining and crumbling squad who were underachieving. He's had a bundle of injuries to his best players and he's got some players who don't suit how he wants to play. To have us where we are at this stage means he's doing a very solid job. But it's too early to judge him either way.

The football is dogbrick though and we don't look cohesive going forward. When you compare it to what Klopp and Pep are producing, it is a hard watch. Throw Jose's reputation and spikiness on top of it and the narrative starts to build.

For me though, it's just too early to judge him. He's inherited a declining and crumbling squad who were underachieving. He's had a bundle of injuries to his best players and he's got some players who don't suit how he wants to play. To have us where we are at this stage means he's doing a very solid job. But it's too early to judge him either way.

Take Salah and Mane out of Pool and the brick you would have to watch would be unbearable (as it was their game against Atletico was brick)

Re the game, plan was obvious in the crazy situation we have (no striker and 2 midfielders unable to play 90 minutes), hold the line, absorb the initial rush, then as they tire try to hurt them

The penalty fudged everything up and it must be maddening to Jose to see plans fudged by individual errors. needing a score draw at their place would not have been a bad position.

When GLC, Lamela, N'dombele was on pitch you could see moments of what we could be ..

Back