• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Indeed, although I actually feel he’s improved in this as he’s also adapted to our financial model. He’s buying players who are pretty much ready to go straight in, but are also in their early 20’s so will have the all important resale value
I agree, I was going to mention that in my post but struggled to explain it well. [emoji28]

I agree, I was going to mention that in my post but struggled to explain it well. [emoji28]

Indeed.
He did specifically say this when discussing that we hadn't brought a temporary striker in.
That he is wanting to hold the future needs in consideration as well as the current situation.

I love how he puts new signings in straight away unlike Poch.
Didn't Sanchez go into the first team quickly under Poch? Didn't Wanyama? Didn't Alderweireld? Ndombele got some early minutes this season too while Lo Celso would have got minutes had he not got injured. In fact, Bergwjin is in the side straight away but I notice that Gedson is not yet ready and being used sparingly, so altogether not that different to Poch really.

Seems like Mourinho's basic plan is to allow teams to come forwards and press in our half.
So that we can spring sudden counter-attacks with pace.

This is something I've advocated for a while, when watching AVB and Poch just passing back and forth, back and forth.
Sometimes it is fruitful to lure a team in, then hit them on the break.

It also means your defence is more "set" rather than chasing backwards out of position.
Of course with Son out, this gives us another dimension to play 1 or 2 or 3 of Lo Celso, Ndombele, Gedson, so the big issue is whether Bergwijn/Moura can score on the break. They look like they could.

Think it forces our hand to a more obvious 4-3-3, rather than the 4-2-1-3 we have been using (Dele being the 1). Push Dele in between Moura and Bergwijn in the Firmino role. Winks, Lo Celso and Fernandes CM (assuming Ndombele’s fitness issues remain).

Think it forces our hand to a more obvious 4-3-3, rather than the 4-2-1-3 we have been using (Dele being the 1). Push Dele in between Moura and Bergwijn in the Firmino role. Winks, Lo Celso and Fernandes CM (assuming Ndombele’s fitness issues remain).
It’s the way to go IMO

Seems like Mourinho's basic plan is to allow teams to come forwards and press in our half.

This is something I've advocated for a while, when watching AVB and Poch just passing back and forth, back and forth.

It also means your defence is more "set" rather than chasing backwards out of position.
Of course with Son out, this gives us another dimension to play 1 or 2 or 3 of Lo Celso, Ndombele, Gedson, so the big issue is whether Bergwijn/Moura can score on the break. They look like they could.

Whilst I agree with your first sentence. I too wanted to see that. But as a change up during the game. Not a constant. We need to get some of our possesion game going again to relieve the pressure on the defence. It cannot always be just about spring the break. As for our defence being set. I am not really seeing that. We are still giving away, far too many chances.

Whilst I agree with your first sentence. I too wanted to see that. But as a change up during the game. Not a constant. We need to get some of our possesion game going again to relieve the pressure on the defence. It cannot always be just about spring the break. As for our defence being set. I am not really seeing that. We are still giving away, far too many chances.
The only games we have had real pressure on the defence have been city and pool
The games we have started Lo Celso and Winks have been fine.
The issue vs Villa was Toby playing so poorly defensively
Don’t forget too that the team came off a break which showed in other games too

Leicester won the league playing this tactic, they would literally give you the ball so you can fanny around in their half.

The only games we have had real pressure on the defence have been city and pool
The games we have started Lo Celso and Winks have been fine.
The issue vs Villa was Toby playing so poorly defensively
Don’t forget too that the team came off a break which showed in other games too
*Wolves which we defended well but a better team would have caused more damage.

*Wolves which we defended well but a better team would have caused more damage.
Wolves barely mastered a shot
I watched them game and then Rewatched it
They had plenty of ball and created nothing
Villa created the same amount and that came from our errors
And of course vs wolves we didn’t play the midfield I highlighted earlier

Back