• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually make it 4 new players. Poch never got the full availability of GLC or Ndom so they count also as far as I’m concerned.

For me this squad just doesn’t look like a Jose squad. Lack of leaders. Lack of power. Lack of big players.
Who were the big players at Madrid and Chelsea?

I've accepted Jose, I don't think it was the right move, but it's done and we move on.
It's always been down to the players for me, some just aren't up to it. Technically or mentally there's too many lacking.
What is fun though is pointing out to the Jose fan boys (I only use that as a retort for those throwing around the Poch fan boy) is the "when's".
When Jose gets a fully fit team.
When he has a full pre season.
When he gets another 3, 4, 5 players on top off the two he's alrea had.
When he gets a DOF.
Is that when we will stop gifting chances?
Is that when we keep a clean sheet?
Is that when we will start when the whistle blows and not after 30 mins?
Remember when we were flying under Poch... you could name the starting 11 and subs
Remember when players said the pre season under Poch was the hardest and best the ever had. I do
We kept a clean sheet vs City the other day actually didn’t we...

Jose is learning about the current crop by the minute watching them play
He is also dealing with the hand he has as best he can. It even felt to me the changes at the end made us look more cohesive attack wise than we have for a long time and he doesn’t think he changed tactics
He has been here about 15 weeks I think but encases it’s Jose the press are already anti him and judging him. We as fans need to at least give him real time. Minimum 18 months IMO and feck the press... they just want a bad news story

Who were the big players at Madrid and Chelsea?

I haven’t said those 2 in particular had big players. (Chelsea had a few mind you).

But they did have leaders and power. Inter had all 3. Man U had a bit of all 3 with experience aswell.

Our squad isn’t the type I’ve seen Jose really work with before.

The racist, Ivanovic, Cech, Lampard, Drogba, Ronaldo, Ramos, Pepe.....
Lampard isn’t a big player
He is less than 6ft tall and a wuss although a great player
Ivanovic wasn’t there first time round was he?
Cech.. yeah keeper are always tall

so we’re saying these teams had a tall keeper, CB, CM and striker...

That one was a joke ;)

Really? Can’t agree with any of that, buddy. Utter gonads.

Actually thought he done what he could. Setup similar to Liv and City games. Failing a calamity piece of defending he probably comes out of it with what he wants.

I watched the interview and he basically said what I posted yesterday. We are now threadbare trying to play in 3 competitions.

Sunday we had no forward on the bench. Today we only made 2 subs because all other subs were defensive players. He mentioned Lucas looking ‘dead’. I think he’s played nearly every minute for about 20 games straight. It’s really not on. He may not think Parrott is ready but players Will need a time out.

I'd call that a tall and tough spine
Add Carvalho too

CBS are always tall though
Their midfield though was lampard, essien and a little lad they picked up from Madrid who just won every ball
And the season before that it had Tiago who was 6ft, just like Lampard.

I don't quite get your point though - these sides did have big guys (in height and in stature) in, in the right areas, as well as smaller guys. Even Essien was 5"10

And the season before that it had Tiago who was 6ft, just like Lampard.

I don't quite get your point though - these sides did have big guys (in height and in stature) in, in the right areas, as well as smaller guys. Even Essien was 5"10

Exactly my point. Chalk and cheese to the stature of our squad at the moment.

Back