• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jose praised the players' spirit but said with what he has its like going into a gun fight with no bullets. He mentioned that Lamela and Ndombele physically couldn't have started and was driving at our injury situation.

Lineker interpreted it as Jose throwing the players who were on the pitch under the bus. An awful lot of negativity about us from BT Sport tonight.
It felt to me like BT had written their script before the game started. I switched off straight after the match. They tried to pedal that same line before the game as well about Jose suggesting the current players weren’t up to it because he was bemoaning the injuries.

Chill
It’s what it is
We as fans can’t change
And NO FANS want mediocre football
The reality is I don’t think he was planning on playing so defensive on Monday as he had more quality outballs... losing Sonny killed that plan
At least he found a system at the end

Let’s hope we start on the front foot Saturday. Just want to see us set the tempo we are very reactive at moment.

I would also be clueless looking what At what players I have to pick from currently

Think you have to give the guy a little more credit after all before this game we were unbeaten in 7 which in itself is an improvement

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sadly Jose was all over the place from the get-go!
he’s got players missing but the ones we have looked confused and desperate, there is no pattern in our play!
He sounds like has given up already! typical Jose!
reverted to the old Jose tonight!

Nothing to do with supporting the team. Thick and thin I’ll be supporting. Does not mean that I can’t dislike a Jose and his tactics.

never think it’s a good idea to get too aggy just after a game with emotions running high.

you are our supporter, just like me, your more than entitled to dislike Jose and his set up.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge him yet with Poch’s team who were/are mentally shot after ucl final defeat, we still haven’t recovered.

sitting deep and playing basics, is correct I think when it’s clear the squads confidence is flat.

I’m not enjoying watching us like you atm, though I think we have been putting in bad performances for about 1 year and two months. Jose should have a pre season and a window before we can see where the land lies.

Sadly Jose was all over the place from the get-go!
he’s got players missing but the ones we have looked confused and desperate, there is no pattern in our play!
He sounds like has given up already! typical Jose!
reverted to the old Jose tonight!

The reason there was no pattern to our play is because we keep getting injuries to key players

The bloke has nothing to work with.

How long till
Lamela breaks down again?

never think it’s a good idea to get too aggy just after a game with emotions running high.

you are our supporter, just like me, your more than entitled to dislike Jose and his set up.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge him yet with Poch’s team who were/are mentally shot after ucl final defeat, we still haven’t recovered.

sitting deep and playing basics, is correct I think when it’s clear the squads confidence is flat.

I’m not enjoying watching us like you atm, though I think we have been putting in bad performances for about 1 year and two months. Jose should have a pre season and a window before we can see where the land lies.

I’d say longer than a year we been poor. I can’t disagree with a lot of that.

And yes you’re right best not to comment when emotions are running high.

We had almost as many shots and then and we did have as many on target. That’s from a team that didn’t have the ball for 60 mins

the changes he made (even if he claims they were the same positions) made a massive difference
Very much a game of 2 halves, hopefully Mourinho will have better attacking options available in 3 weeks time...

2C573549-B25E-4BD0-85BA-176BAA8280F7.png 486B8966-ADE2-4843-ACF6-897FD829A113.png

Lo Celso excellent. Sanchez very good.

Lamela standard headless chicken mode. Did well.

Everyone else pretty damn poor.

Not sure wtf Davies was doing for the penalty. Be interesting to see if Rose’s critics will be objective and about Davies rather than being happy with him for not being Danny Rose
Absolutely agree on Davies, was furious with him

Jose tried the Jose method tonight (he didn’t have many options) but this squad is different to what he’s had success with before. He’s used to having a few leaders, and big powerful players.

Gedson, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, and Ndombele

4 players with obvious potential but can’t help thinking they would better under Poch!

Let’s hope we start on the front foot Saturday. Just want to see us set the tempo we are very reactive at moment.

Saturday is all about not losing. Chelsea are going to be fired up, even more so after their previous game. We're talking West Ham level cup final here. I'd take any kind of draw now if offered.

Bar a Davies pen, we almost styled out another result. On the upside it is good to see us looking defensively stronger. We were shipping goals. Even under Mourinho we've been conceding a lot. Sanchez looks like a proper defender. Quick, aware, assured, part of a defensive unit. So there are positives to Mourinho.

But we need to use the ball better. Go long if there is something on, but don't if there isn't. Use our skillful players like LeCelco to play some quick one-twos to open up space. It won't work always but its a whole lot better than handing the ball back to a team who can hurt you. The only criticism of mourinho today is a lack of bravery. Yes we need to shore up the defense but don't let the negativity of missing Son and Kane stop us playing the ball.

Still fine with Mourinho. He is right to get the defensive sorted first and foremost. Without it we don't have a foundation. Poch was actually the same. Using a pressing game, he first got us mean at the back and was it in his second season (?) we conceded the least in the league. So mourinho is dong the right thing, but I want him to put faith in, and encourage the players to pass the ball with movement, not just go long. Baby steps.

Back