• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
your judging him when he was at United and here for 3 months..
wow
At United he inherited a squad with 10 centre backs and one striker
He was always gonna have to do something clever and it would when helped I guess if the expensive attacking talent could actually play

here he has had so many players out injured it crazy

Everyone talks as if he was an unmitigated failure at United. In 2 and a bit seasons he won the league cup, Europa League, finished second in the league and reached an FA Cup final.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how to tactically beat better teams with inferior low confidence players and no front men.

We've looked lost as a team for the last 12 months before he even came.

But then we got him because the team was under performing, tbh we look exactly like this time last year and if this gs don't change its only a matter of time before results match performances.

I think what's upsetting is that we are making these little 3 pass moves at pace that consistently almost come off. There was only really two passing moves from front to back that really worked through their press and gave them a problem. We seemed slow at times to get into our offensive shape and this in turn had Toby hitting long balls more often than he should have been. It's a good weapon to have, but is best used sparingly so to catch teams out.

Was actually surprised by Gedson. Sure he's a little raw, but he has pace and touch.

The frustrating thing about that game is we have a lot of talented players. Using them as a defensive block for 45 mins was a waste. By all means, play a conservative deep game, but don't gift possession back to them constantly. We need to be able to use the ball when we get possession, not just pump it up the field.
I genuinely don’t think we have a choice with what we have available, we have no one who can make space in the box, or attack crosses etc. Our only option is to get space in behind and try to counter quick but to do that you have to bring opponents onto us. It’s a crappy situation but it is what it is

@SteveAWOL

xG is a funny thing. Caley Graphics have it near level, yet another tweeter (infogol) had Leipzig at 1.51xG by half time. I'm also going to check back on another one tomorrow that has been quite generous with their numbers in the past.

Didnt see the interview but I liked it anyway. What’s Lineker done now the helmet?

Jose praised the players' spirit but said with what he has its like going into a gun fight with no bullets. He mentioned that Lamela and Ndombele physically couldn't have started and was driving at our injury situation.

Lineker interpreted it as Jose throwing the players who were on the pitch under the bus. An awful lot of negativity about us from BT Sport tonight.

I genuinely don’t think we have a choice with what we have available, we have no one who can make space in the box, or attack crosses etc. Our only option is to get space in behind and try to counter quick but to do that you have to bring opponents onto us. It’s a crappy situation but it is what it is

Fair point. But...Bergwijn got a shot off on target early. The rebound could have easily fallen to a white shirt. Moura headed a ball only a couple of feet wide. Alli could have headed or kicked a goal, unfortunately, he tried to do both at once. LeCelo got shots off, Lamela's and LeCelo's free kick was pushed onto the post. None of these chances came from sprinting in behind.

I think we had enough firepower. The concern is moura and Alli stay fit and strong.

Last edited:
Back