• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what more people can expect right now. Mourinho is doing a manful job with a side in chaotic transition. He has no Kane or Son. No Sissoko. He does not know which Ndombele is going to show up (and whilst the player looks superb at times, he needs to mature and make sure he fits the team as well as just does whatever he wants), he is trying to fashion a new creative midfield, he cannot play all the players in their best positions (Dele in particular is suffering big time because there's a job to be done more than being able to play to his natural strength)...

It was a decent last 20 mins, and we looked like we were determined to give it our all. I have few complaints with anything on the pitch.

How we managed to wriggle through this last window without getting a fudging striker??? That is a problem. Even a short term 6 month veteran. Which would've been the way to go. And was on the cards. There were options. I can only assume that if we somehow sneak into the CL again next season, Mourinho will get the striker he wants.

Lo Celso could be a real rolls Royce. Lamela needs to start vs Chelsea...damn it if only Erik could spread the aggressiveness around.

No I’m judging him on his spell at United and what I’m seeing here . No different. What was all the crap about a different Jose ?? Tactics are the same. Regardless of players missing.

We are pitiful. Don’t even look solid at the back when we sit in.

Sorry that it does not agree with how you see it but the day he goes I’ll be a happy man.
His spell at United? Which part the trophies he won there or the highest place finish of any United manager post Ferguson?

I’m all for criticising the guy when he has a full team and plays crappy football etc, but when he has limited choice on players, no striker etc and no pre season it’s a bit ott

Thought we played ok. Predictably we lack a clinical finisher and we still allow the opposition too many opportunities but what a player we have in Lo Celso. If only Ndombele could play even one half without blowing out his cheeks. Oh well next season it is.

I think the current issues with Ndombele are greater personally. He is a prodigious talent, just wonderful at times, but he is a wild stallion. He has little discipline and is wholly unpredictable. Right now we simply cannot accommodate a wild horse in the first 11, especially with all the players we are missing. I expect to see a more effective Ndombele next season. I certainly hope so!

No I’m judging him on his spell at United and what I’m seeing here . No different. What was all the crap about a different Jose ?? Tactics are the same. Regardless of players missing.

We are pitiful. Don’t even look solid at the back when we sit in.

Sorry that it does not agree with how you see it but the day he goes I’ll be a happy man.

With the players out/coming back from injury what would he have done differently?

We clearly needed a striker and not just for goals, we have no one holding the ball up and no one capable of doing it.

His spell at United? Which part the trophies he won there or the highest place finish of any United manager post Ferguson?

I’m all for criticising the guy when he has a full team and plays crappy football etc, but when he has limited choice on players, no striker etc and no pre season it’s a bit ott

half a chance one of those seasons was a title winning one too, if city get their pots repossessed

Its very, very difficult when you have zero strikers. We cant even cross the ball because the people we do have up front are either midgets or Dele, who seems to duck out of headers these days. I know Moura has a great leap on him, but he's hardly the type to muscle a centre half out the way and power a header through the net.

Imagine if we hadn't signed Bergwijn! We'd honestly not have a team. We are one injury to Lucas or Bergwijn away from having absolutely nothing up top.

Jenas made up his mind that we changed to 3 at the back with Lamela wingback and then forgot about it as Lamela was anywhere but wingback.

Dele played well upfront with Lucas. Then was moved out the left with Bergwijn upfront. He did more more in that 45 and was more threat than Lucas and Bergwijn all game.

Dele did nothing on the left and then was taken off for Lamela.

Jose is done as a top manager I think. Games changing he’s getting left behind.
Way we set up tonight and have been is junk. So negative . I have no doubt if it stayed 0-0 we would have not changed up .

Nah nonsense Jose can only use what he has at his disposal. What do you honestly expect different in the starting eleven tonight.

You could argue start with Lamela and Ndombele but both players can’t do 90 mins at the moment so in my opinion he did the right thing by putting them in the bench and bringing them on, on the 60 min mark.

The only thing I would have done different tonight was sub Moura instead of Alli

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He always seems to be better as an impact sub though, for whatever reason.

hmmm maybe, needs to play though, he’s literally our only player who acts rather than reacting, it lifted the crowd and our players, has to play on Saturday for me.

Strange game
They only get a goal because of a penalty despite being dominant with the possession
That makes us change tactics and their keeper keeps them in it with some very good saves
Hopefully those changes have giving Jose something to think about going forward

There are a lot of ways to view that game. The performance wasn't great for most of the game but good for 20 mins.

Ndombele looks fudging amazing on the ball but his attitude stinks. Him and Lo Celso together could be frightening. Shame they have fudge all in front of them right now. I don't see where our goals will come from. Lamela was top class when he came on. Looked like the player I thought we signed.

Hugo was excellent. Sanchez was very, very good. Fernandes and Bergwijn started well but faded badly. Lo Celso is just wonderful to watch.

Glass could be half empty with tinkle or half full of champagne. For my sanity, I'm going with half full.

Lo Celso excellent. Sanchez very good.

Lamela standard headless chicken mode. Did well.

Everyone else pretty damn poor.

Not sure wtf Davies was doing for the penalty. Be interesting to see if Rose’s critics will be objective and about Davies rather than being happy with him for not being Danny Rose

Agree with your observations re: GLC and Sanchez... Lamela did actually influence the increased tempo TBH.

Davies was never ever good enough or a credible replacement for Rose IMHO.

Aurier is too much of a risk, and doesn’t deserve to be keeping that position.

Hogs had an absolute blinder of a game, and is the sole reason for us still having a chance in this encounter:clap:

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Back