• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT***SpursVSKrebsverursachtstimulans(RB)Leipzig***OMT

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm going to assume the wurst and guess that all Leipzig players have just hit personal bests in all categories of training. Healthy, carefree and ready to give us the iron sausage.

Not going all negative, people.

Just managing expectations. Like the way they were managed before we last played Dortmund.

I'm going to assume the wurst and guess that all Leipzig players have just hit personal bests in all categories of training. Healthy, carefree and ready to give us the iron sausage.

Not going all negative, people.

Just managing expectations. Like the way they were managed before we last played Dortmund.
They have a couple of defenders injured, that feature regularly, and their main CB Upamecano is suspended.
Otherwise they're in good shape.

The thing is, Leipzig's gameplan relies on them having space. Nearly everything they do relies on large spaces behind the opposition's defense for Werner, Sabitzer et al. to run into - including all the long passes from Upamecano et al.

We can deny them that space if necessary, and a low block will suit Mou just fine as far as things go. The key will be whether we include Aurier - his inclusion brings an element of chaos to the back line, but on the other hand, his recovery pace would be useful *if* we get caught out at the back.

I suspect there's a role for Dier tomorrow - at least, I hope so. My utter guess would be -

-----------------------Lloris---------------------

Aurier-------Toby-----------Sanchez-----Davies

-----------------------Dier-----------------------

--------------Lo Celso-------Winks--------------

Lucas----------------Alli---------------Bergwijn

Subs: Tanganga, Verts, Sessegnon, Skipp, Ndombele, Gedson, Lamela

I was deliberating between Winks and Ndombele - in the end, I don't really see a place for an attacking midfielder in that role given our massive problems up front now. Keep it tight first - Winks is marginally better for that than Ndombele seems to be, even if only because Ndombele's chronically unfit.

Our hopes now rest on Alli, for both the game against Leipzig and against Chelsea. The same low block will suffice for both, because both rely on their pace in behind quite a bit.

Alli needs to play like Alli, not like his damn brother. And if he isn't bursting into the box, if he isn't leading the line, if he isn't holding it up and playing it behind for Lucas and Bergwijn to run onto...we're essentially toothless.

Big blow to lose Son as well. Huge task for Mourinho and the players to make up for his quality and goals.

Time for someone to step up. Bergwijn has already, doubt Lamela is ready to start. So probably Gedson, Dier, Sessegnon or Ndombele. Personally I would be surprised to see Ndombele start this one.

Could see Aurier on the flank with Tanganga at right back, but unless we play Sessegnon at left back we could become very back heavy. And who knows if Davies is ready to start again so quickly.

Gedson has been shown some trust, and handled himself quite well. Looks on the surface at least as a good player for this game (athleticism, able to keep it simple with moments of skill mixed in).

The thing is, Leipzig's gameplan relies on them having space. Nearly everything they do relies on large spaces behind the opposition's defense for Werner, Sabitzer et al. to run into - including all the long passes from Upamecano et al.

We can deny them that space if necessary, and a low block will suit Mou just fine as far as things go. The key will be whether we include Aurier - his inclusion brings an element of chaos to the back line, but on the other hand, his recovery pace would be useful *if* we get caught out at the back.
Fortunately, Upamecano is suspended.

Wonder what number Bergwijn will wear, as, isn't there some daft rule you cant reuse a number in the CL that has previously been used by a player? (so he can't be 23 as Christian already used it) I seem to recall Lamela had to use a different number in europe his first season, as, we'd already registered 11 to Gareth Bale.

Lloris
Tanganga...Alderweireld...Vertonghen...Davies
Lo Celso...Winks...Gedson
Moura...Dele...Bergwijn​

Ndombele for the last 30.

They can afford to play with no defenders as we’ve got no strikers!!!

Or we can afford to play with no strikers as they have fewer defenders. It'll be a different challenge for them as counter-attacking against us will be difficult due to the sshape we'll likely be forced into.

After the run to the CL final last season, we need to aim to go all the way to win the CL this season. But our performances have not been convincing this season. We are a bit fortunate to be even in the Round of 16 after the way we got humiliated by Bayern 2-7 in the group stages. Now we need to do much better against another German team Leipzig. Leipzig are doing well in the German league, so will be tough to play against. Hope Mourinho will use all his experienced to get a good result in this first leg at home.

Our attack will be key to us getting a good result in this match. With Kane and Son out injured, we need to rely on others to get us the goals. Wish Lamela will be fit for this this match. If he is not, then we have to hope Moura, Alli and Bergwijn will lift their game and get us the goals. Maybe we need to bring our youngster Parrot at some stage in the match.

Our midfield will need to control this match if we want to win. Wish Ndombele will be fit to start. If he is not, then we have to rely on Dier or Winks to control the midfield with Lo Celso. Lo Celso needs to improve his finishing for all his hard work and skills. Too bad Sissoko is out injured as his work rate would have improved our midfield.

Our defence will need to be alert all the time to stop Leipzip. We have not kept many clean sheets this season. So, it is going to be tough to stop Leipzip. Hope Lloris and the defence will lift their game and play a error-free match. Wish Mourinho will start Alderweireld with Vertonghen to make our defence good again.

We need to get a good win in this first leg to bring to the second leg away. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get a convincing win over Leipzip to bring to the second leg.

Everybody dance now!

Boom shaka laka all our played fully fit especially Kane and Son. This is going to be a tense match. We need an early goal to help us settle down. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win to bring to the second leg.

Back