• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Irrespective, if Firminho gets injured they have a replacement.

I wonder if there would be another team in the premier league who would have their only striker out injured for the entire second half of the season and not bring in a replacement in January?
Yeah plenty if the replacement is not that good
United got so desperate they signed a lad who left the country and may bro have even Been able to get in due to Coronas...

Not when I checked he didn’t
I thought the same as you
He also planned with Jansenn

Son has started plenty of games as striker when Kane has been out. I remembered one off the top of my head. 3-1 win away to Chelsea in 2018. Dele, Eriksen and Lamela in the 3 behind him.

There’s plenty - Some before Llorente joined, some when he was here.

Seems some confusion here. I don’t think we should have splashed out in January - it wasn’t the time and we have other priorities.

We most certainly could have found someone to fill minutes to give other guys a break when needed.

People looking down on the Ighalo signing. He’s not a long term solution, but will give them a different option and you can bet Jose would like him now.

He’d certainly be about to get some minutes for us that’s for sure.

Son has started plenty of games as striker when Kane has been out. I remembered one off the top of my head. 3-1 win away to Chelsea in 2018. Dele, Eriksen and Lamela in the 3 behind him.

There’s plenty - Some before Llorente joined, some when he was here.
I checked
It’s rarer than people think
I was surprised
That game son didn’t score had 2 shots on target and Kane was on the bench and repacked him around 70

We need some perspective here.
Liverpool have lots of cover because they play three strikers.
We started the season playing one - so Kane plus Son as back up (and Bergwijn as another attacking option) is absolutely fine for squad balance. It's unfortunate that both our strikers are injured - but that's sport.
If Liverpool had Salah and Firmino injured in October they would be in the same boat, with only Mane and Origi. There now have the Japanese guy - but still only two backups for three positions.
Our formation with one striker exposes the risk of injuries having a greater impact.

We should have a second choice so we don't have to weaken our left sided attack as well as the number 9 position when replacing Kane with Son
We likely won't get a second choice better than Son, so we either weaken our left side by playing a Moura/Lamela/Bergwijn/new signing while Son goes up top or we weaken our CF options by playing someone worse than what we already have available.

Sons record when he has stood in for Kane makes it an easy decision imo

We should have course have a back up option beyond that for instances like now where both are injured

Last edited:
We likely won't get a second choice better than Son, so we either weaken our left side by playing a Moura/Lamela/Bergwijn/new signing while Son goes up top or we weaken our CF options by playing someone worse than what we already have available.

Sons record when he has stood in for Kane makes it an easy decision imo

We should have course have a back up option beyond that for instances like now where both are injured
We do
Lamela or bergqein covers son
The issue is that Lamela is made of glass so isn’t fit when we need him

I remember when that tackle happened thinking, fcuk me, that Villa donkey just cleaned him out. Took Son a while to get up from it. Unbelievable he played 94 mins and two goals afterwards. Shows how tough the premier league can be. Win the ball and it doesn’t matter what you do to the player afterwards. Apart from Dier, Verts our players rarely seem to play that way. Jose needs to get a couple of those types in.

Typical Spurs. Son's injury shows that Spurs are forever cursed when it comes to injuries ! We always seems to have injuries to our key players at the key moments. Not sure if we will ever overcome our injury problems.

In retrospect, that means that he was utterly man of the match against Villa. Reopen the poll and let justice be done. Get well soon, Heung-Min.

Certainly does and I was giving him the most stick for Sunday. He just looked well off the pace so I thought his head wasn't in it. But to do what he did in those circumstances shows unbelievable character.

Legend.

Are people now counting Lamela as a number 9 option? Shows how desperate we are I guess?
He would be a bloody awful 9. He can barely shoot with his "good foot" let alone his very much weaker right foot. His touch would let him down, plus his inability to beat a player. Let's not do this to ourselves. [emoji28]

He would be a bloody awful 9. He can barely shoot with his "good foot" let alone his very much weaker right foot. His touch would let him down, plus his inability to beat a player. Let's not do this to ourselves. [emoji28]

Not that I think he can play as a #9, but it's strange the things you've picked out as his failings are really not.

He finishes well on his left, his touch is good and he beats players easily ( his problem is over playing it mostly and taking on too many). One on one he does defenders with ease and he's composed in front of goal.

Back