• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

What a hero !!!

Pep Guardiola has told friends he intends to stay at Emirates Marketing Project despite the club's two-year ban from the Champions League.

Unless City overturn the ban imposed by Uefa on Friday, they will not compete in European football until 2022 after this season.

Guardiola's contract is due to expire in 2021.

He is expected to speak about the subject for the first time on Wednesday.

His contract does have a break clause at the end of this season and it was anticipated he would activate it should City fail to win their appeal which they will be submitting to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in the next few days.

However, it is understood the 49-year-old has said he will not be doing that and remains committed to the club.

Guardiola is likely to discuss the issue after Wednesday's rearranged Premier League game against West Ham.

In a bizarre situation, neither side has played since the initial game was postponed due to bad weather on 9 February.

As both clubs held pre-match news conferences two days before the game was supposed to be played, they have been told by the Premier League there is no contractual requirement to hold another and it is understood neither side will do so.

The thing is though.....
City are not commercially valuable, hence why they faked their commercials

When I say that I mean to the league? They are 4 time prem champions, they are mega rich, the league won't push them out and I don't see it sticking.

Pep Guardiola has told Emirates Marketing Project players: “Whatever league we are in, I will still be here. Even if they put us in League Two, I will still be here. This is a time for sticking together." City CEO Ferran Soriano told players: “Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped.”

If my boss paid me the same and asked me to do a job two levels down....
Pep Guardiola has told Emirates Marketing Project players: “Whatever league we are in, I will still be here. Even if they put us in League Two, I will still be here. This is a time for sticking together." City CEO Ferran Soriano told players: “Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped.”

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Safely tucked up on remand, out of harm's way 'hopefully' so we don't have another Khashoggi event. Yes I know different Shiekh

When I say that I mean to the league? They are 4 time prem champions, they are mega rich, the league won't push them out and I don't see it sticking.
The league
have to follow UEFA
It’s part of the agreement to oblige by their rules

That’s a very definite statement to make.

Which just supports Der Speagels claim they are shuffling income sources around absolutely anywhere, but all related to Abu Dhabi, where everything is owned by the same 2 people.

Emirates Marketing Project. Owned by the Sheikh.
Shadow companies. Owned by the Sheikh
Emirates. Owned by the Sheikh.
Government. Owned by the Sheikh
Construction sponsors. Owned by the Sheikh
Off shore companies paying the players bonuses. Owned by the Sheikh

I fail to see how going ‘ahhhh, but you’re wrong - that money actually came from a different place (which is owned by the Sheikh)’ is going to show that all the money didn’t come from the Sheikh.

But everyone with more than three brain cells has known all along that the sponsorship came from the owner's family in some form (as with PSG). The specific charge against City was that the owner paid the sponsorship directly rather than coming from Emirates. This suggests that the money came from Emirates who were subsidised by the family.

It's splitting hairs, but sometime offers are hard to refuse.

David Conn the Football Finance journo who works for the Guardian was explaining on Football Weekly today that City weren't banned for breaching FFP but for being found to have deceived UEFA.
He compared breaching FFP to being caught speeding, something which get a few points on your licence.
But said deceiving UEFA by lying and inflating figures is the equivalent of pretending that your wife was driving at the time. This is something you go to jail for.

if you listen to journalists and take it seriously then fair play. But they're all in your pocket,so it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

They'll get a massive fine, something like 30k euros and be warned it will be doubled if they are found out again along with the number of an offshore bank ac for a charity that cares for retired Uefa officals.

Starting to sound a lot like an out of court settlement position now.

"Accept the two year ban without a lengthy court case and we'll drop the other investigation"

I think that underestimates City's determination to battle this if so. Their entire model is built on being able to spend heavily with unearned funds. If they don't fight this and win then their owners will essentially have to give up and start a 30 year process to build a fanbase that resembles those of Utd, the Victims or even Spurs.

If they lose their appeal and therefore are proven to be financially doped, does that also mean they have 2 years to cut their expenditure by the amount they have been ‘gifted’ to prevent a further punishment for exceeding the permitted losses threshold?

Back