• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I think Firminho is one number 9 and Origi is another one who deputises for him, the latter has made around 20 prem appearances which may contribute to the former staying fit. Then I guess Mane would be an emergency 3rd option should they suffer injuries to both.
Origi hasn’t made 20 prem starts though and he.... and even when Firmino has been out they have played llalana, Shaquiri and others as well as dingdongvick.

Just checked and he hasn’t started a league game

Kane, Son, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn, Dele, Sessegnon, Parrot are our attacking options.

Dele 49 PL goals
Moura 14 PL goals
Lamela 16 PL goals
Bergwijn 1 PL goal
Sessegnon 2 PL goals
Parrott 0 PL goals

I fractured my right forearm (i'm also right handed) playing rugby years ago. Had a plate and 6 pins put in the day after. I was told to rest it completely for two weeks, literally do nothing with it, very difficult as you can imagine
I was driving again within two days. there was no problem with day to day stuff. the one thing i remember the doc telling me was if the area had a heavy impact within the first month as the bone fuses together again it would re-fracture. i would imagine with the professional after care that Son will get he will be back mid April maybe earlier with a cast. will all depend on where the arm is fractured though i guess??

Pool have 1 striker in Firmino and Origi who barely plays at all.. then they use their wide towards just like we do
There is a dearth of decent strikers out there and that was clear in January
I think Firminho is one number 9 and Origi is another one who deputises for him, the latter has made around 20 prem appearances which may contribute to the former staying fit. Then I guess Mane would be an emergency 3rd option should they suffer injuries to both.

Pool have 1 striker in Firmino and Origi who barely plays at all.. then they use their wide towards just like we do
True but not replacing (or resigning) Llorente last summer does seem like shooting ourselves in the foot, with hindsight... As even given how poor Origi is at least Liverpool have 2 senior centre-forwards in their squad, which is twice as many as us.

Liverpool: Firmino (2857 minutes) + Origi (1085 minutes)
€iteh: Aguero (1641 minutes) + Jesus (1904 minutes)
Leicester: Vardy (2407 minutes) + Perez (1961 minutes) + Iheanacho (653 minutes)
€havski: Abraham (2442 mins) + Batshuayi (728 minutes) + Giroud (304 minutes)
Spurs: Kane (2230 minutes)
ManU: Rashford + Martial + Ighalo
ARSEnal: Aubameyang + Lacazette + Martinelli

Last edited:

True but not replacing (or resigning) Llorente last summer does seem like shooting ourselves in the foot, with hindsight... As even given how poor Origi is at least Liverpool have 2 senior centre-forwards in their squad, which is twice as many as us.

Liverpool: Firmino (2857 minutes) + Origi (1085 minutes)
€iteh: Aguero (1641 minutes) + Jesus (1904 minutes)
Leicester: Vardy (2407 minutes) + Perez (1961 minutes) + Iheanacho (653 minutes)
€havski: Abraham (2442 mins) + Batshuayi (728 minutes) + Giroud (304 minutes)
Spurs: Kane (2230 minutes)
ManU: Rashford + Martial + Ighalo
ARSEnal: Aubameyang + Lacazette + Martinelli
Out of interest... how many goals have these groups scored vs Kane and Son?

And some of these are not CFs. Their wide forwards playing CF as well

I fractured my right forearm (i'm also right handed) playing rugby years ago. Had a plate and 6 pins put in the day after. I was told to rest it completely for two weeks, literally do nothing with it, very difficult as you can imagine
I was driving again within two days. there was no problem with day to day stuff. the one thing i remember the doc telling me was if the area had a heavy impact within the first month as the bone fuses together again it would re-fracture. i would imagine with the professional after care that Son will get he will be back mid April maybe earlier with a cast. will all depend on where the arm is fractured though i guess??

It is being reported as his elbow (not by the club, by the Athletic and others)

Shame, but reckon we'll be fine.

Would quite like to play Lamela up-front just for a laugh...but realistically Moura will play there, then one of Lo Celso, Lamela or Dele will play out wide.

Whatever happens, Dele needs to be more clinical, can't miss chances like last w/e on a regular basis.

I think you could play Gedson wide right, certainly in away games, then Dele or Ndombele as 10 and Moura/Bergwijn for the other two roles

Personally I expect one or both Kane and Son to be playing in early April - I think Jose is managing expectations. That means there's 5 league games which we need to cover. I'd take a point from each of Man U, Cheatski and Wolves now

what a season we are having, crazy injuries to key players with no let up - form all over the place and quite unlike us from previous seasons, the most popular manager replaced and Mourinho actually feeling a reasonable fit and i am sure i am missing a million other oddities from this season so far. Couldn't make this season up if you tried tbh.

Seems strange to be out so long. I snapped the thickest part of my foot, with the fracture going half way through from the outside towards the middle, and I played a tournament 4 weeks later, although being very careful. I was only 15 at the time, so probably heals quicker when your still growing.

Origi hasn’t made 20 prem starts though and he.... and even when Firmino has been out they have played llalana, Shaquiri and others as well as dingdongvick.

Just checked and he hasn’t started a league game
So I don’t follow other teams as closely as us but would that not infer Firminho hasn’t missed any Prem games, perhaps aided by the fact he is getting subbed off quite regularly? I don’t disagree there is a dearth of world class number 9s but it’s not like we haven’t had ample opportunity to plan a replacement for Llorente who wasn’t exactly prolific.

what a season we are having, crazy injuries to key players with no let up - form all over the place and quite unlike us from previous seasons, the most popular manager replaced and Mourinho actually feeling a reasonable fit and i am sure i am missing a million other oddities from this season so far. Couldn't make this season up if you tried tbh.
You would think it's being filmed for a multi million pound documentary or something !!!!

I think you could play Gedson wide right, certainly in away games, then Dele or Ndombele as 10 and Moura/Bergwijn for the other two roles

Personally I expect one or both Kane and Son to be playing in early April - I think Jose is managing expectations. That means there's 5 league games which we need to cover. I'd take a point from each of Man U, Cheatski and Wolves now
I think you’re right on Mourinho downplaying expectations . When I try to be optimistic, if we can get though those games with other players stepping up it will be a real boost to have Son and Kane back for the run in. And Sissoko of course, whilst not as vital I can see Jose using him to help close games out which in turn will keep an attacking player a little fresher

Back