• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Yeah I mean what team in ten league has lost both their striker options at the same time.... none that I can remember
We wanted a back up but the quality of those back ups was low and the club signed Bergwijn instead .... that may become the better decision over time
The mistake was not signing an alternative in the summer. January has never been the window to try and bring in a quality striking option.

I guess now we will just have to try a few different things, maybe Dele up top or Bergwijn. I can't lie I don't expect this to end well but we can be hopeful.

Crouchy isn’t under contract anywhere right?

It’s obviously not ideal but maybe a 433 with Alli or Lamela as a false 9 flanked by Moura and Bergwijn could be effective.

I have faith that Jose will make something work.

When I met Wimmer in 2017 I asked him about Son who had broken his wrist and he said in his Arnold accent that he was “so strong”. To prove it, he played almost the entire match with a broken arm!

Life's a bitch doesn't even come close.

We managed to dig out good results whilst kane was injured last season with son also at the asian cup.

No llorente this time but we do have bergwijn.

We just have to see how we get on and hope both kane and son recover sooner than expected.

I’ll have to check but I’m pretty sure most teams in our league have more than two options and the second is not a winger who should be a third or emergency choice.
The January window is always difficult, not replacing Llorente in the summer was where we took the risk. Unless Parrott is deemed a viable option then we were always taking a risk, not just of lacking a target man when Kane got injured, but also lacking the option of rotating or resting him. As good as Son has been in the past we also then lose the opportunity to rotate and rest him whilst weakening another position.
Our first x1 has been good for a few years, hopefully the stadium revenue will enable us to improve the squad depth in the summer.
Pool have 1 striker in Firmino and Origi who barely plays at all.. then they use their wide towards just like we do
There is a dearth of decent strikers out there and that was clear in January

Surely we go 4-3-3 with Lo celso, winks and Ndom in Midfield and Stevie, Dele and Lucas up top (the attack and lo Celso are all 15 goal a season players in the right conditions)
That isn’t that bad IMO and the freedom that would give midfield to attack is invaluable
We have to adapt and accept these things happen (even if we get extremes on the injury front)

Not good news at all, i wonder if we will see Bergwijn start up top.

Surely it will just go back to being Moura and hopefully Lamela on the right with Dele behind.

Maybe Parrott will get time.

Maybe we will go 433 with Dele in some sort of false 9.

GLC Winks Ndom

Moura Dele Stevie

The really annoying thing here is that we are now threadbare. With Kane already injured there was no excuse for not adding a striker in Jan - even on a temporary basis. This isn't after timing, plenty of us identified in the transfer section the risk involved in continuing as we were. It wasn't about finding a long term world class forward. It was about finding someone who could do a job if needed in the short term. Now we are going to be playing the same cluster of players every single game in 3 competitions. Even with Son in we didn't have a forward on the bench on Sunday.

Berg, Moura and Alli as the front three.

Ndombele Winks Dier in midfield.

Can't believe we're missing Kane, Son, Sissoko and Eriksen for large amounts of the season that's basically half our starring team.

Pool have 1 striker in Firmino and Origi who barely plays at all.. then they use their wide towards just like we do
There is a dearth of decent strikers out there and that was clear in January
I think Firminho is one number 9 and Origi is another one who deputises for him, the latter has made around 20 prem appearances which may contribute to the former staying fit. Then I guess Mane would be an emergency 3rd option should they suffer injuries to both.

Surely it will just go back to being Moura and hopefully Lamela on the right with Dele behind.

Maybe Parrott will get time.

Maybe we will go 433 with Dele in some sort of false 9.

GLC Winks Ndom

Moura Dele Stevie

The really annoying thing here is that we are now threadbare. With Kane already injured there was no excuse for not adding a striker in Jan - even on a temporary basis. This isn't after timing, plenty of us identified in the transfer section the risk involved in continuing as we were. It wasn't about finding a long term world class forward. It was about finding someone who could do a job if needed in the short term. Now we are going to be playing the same cluster of players every single game in 3 competitions. Even with Son in we didn't have a forward on the bench on Sunday.
I think the excuse was and is that the players who were available for Jan we’re not good enough

Back