• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Great. We're shafted then. Just got to hope Emirates Marketing Project's ban is upheld and we can cling on to 5th. Massive respect (even more so than usual) to Son for giving it full effort for 94 minutes!

Bergwijn at CF with Dele at no.10, Moura on the right and Sessegnon left? Could Parrott finally get his chance?

The time now for Parrott?

Mourinho said again today in the press conference that he is not ready.
(Although in fairness I wouldn't expect him to say too much right now that might put the weight of expectation on Parrott. If Parrott doesn't start getting on the bench however, then it will be clear that he is not yet deemed to be the necessary standard).

It's so disappointing... but then again, we all knew something like this would happen when we didn't get a new striker in January. Murphy's law.

This is a massive blow, he is much more effective as a 9 than Moura. Terrible luck of course but we were always tempting fate going into the season with just one number 9 and Son as back up.
You never know though, everything happens for a reason - this might force us to use Parrott and we will discover we do have another world class 9 from our academy!

This is a massive blow, he is much more effective as a 9 than Moura. Terrible luck of course but we were always tempting fate going into the season with just one number 9 and Son as back up.
You never know though, everything happens for a reason - this might force us to use Parrott and we will discover we do have another world class 9 from our academy!
Yeah I mean what team in ten league has lost both their striker options at the same time.... none that I can remember
We wanted a back up but the quality of those back ups was low and the club signed Bergwijn instead .... that may become the better decision over time

Realistically our season is over now. Just when the season seemed alive again, it goes crashing down. I can't see us coping without both Kane and Son over a longer period.

Yeah I mean what team in ten league has lost both their striker options at the same time.... none that I can remember
We wanted a back up but the quality of those back ups was low and the club signed Bergwijn instead .... that may become the better decision over time
I’ll have to check but I’m pretty sure most teams in our league have more than two options and the second is not a winger who should be a third or emergency choice.
The January window is always difficult, not replacing Llorente in the summer was where we took the risk. Unless Parrott is deemed a viable option then we were always taking a risk, not just of lacking a target man when Kane got injured, but also lacking the option of rotating or resting him. As good as Son has been in the past we also then lose the opportunity to rotate and rest him whilst weakening another position.
Our first x1 has been good for a few years, hopefully the stadium revenue will enable us to improve the squad depth in the summer.

What team has 1 striker and one converted winger.

Given it was for 6 months someone like Rondon would have been an OK option on loan.

Back