• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Villa

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Funny old game ( someone said that once) really, at times we looked really good but at others times most of our players made mistakes. We deserved the win without a doubt and it should have been by a bigger margin. Thought all of our players showed up well most of the game but let themselves down at other times.

MOM could have gone to several players but i would go for Winks. Thought Sanchez was good as well.

its funny how we view the game so differently, I thought Winks was non-existent, think he's overated by fans due to being english and coming through the academy

its funny how we view the game so differently, I thought Winks was non-existent, think he's overated by fans due to being english and coming through the academy
The stats and pass maps would show that he was key in most things good

and I don’t care where he is from personally

hence why I’m happy to flag up when Dele isnt playing well for example

I think you will find that those who rate him see what he adds and those that don’t always say he palsy safe or backwards... yet when the pass maps show the opposite it gets ignored

The stats and pass maps would show that he was key in most things good

and I don’t care where he is from personally

hence why I’m happy to flag up when Dele isnt playing well for example

I think you will find that those who rate him see what he adds and those that don’t always say he palsy safe or backwards... yet when the pass maps show the opposite it gets ignored
I think Winks is very much improved recently, almost back to the level he showed when he first broke through (and arguably at that level considering the change of position) but pass maps don't show whether some one is passing safe or not. Passing safely is also about timing and not just the direction. There are times to play the dangerous forward pass and their are times that same movement is a safe pass. Sissoko is a prime example, he occasionally plays a forward pass but rarely are they at the pivotal moment hence is he a very negative passer.

I think Winks is very much improved recently, almost back to the level he showed when he first broke through (and arguably at that level considering the change of position) but pass maps don't show whether some one is passing safe or not. Passing safely is also about timing and not just the direction. There are times to play the dangerous forward pass and their are times that same movement is a safe pass. Sissoko is a prime example, he occasionally plays a forward pass but rarely are they at the pivotal moment hence is he a very negative passer.
I swear people say winks never passed forward but never looked at the evidence
He is so much better when played with Lo Celso too as they complement each other
Both can pass and turn and both don’t mind a tackle
It means we’re not reliant on someone whose role is purely the defensive side

Neither plays with their head up

Agreed - but Son creates for others just not Lucas. Lucas seemingly assists no one! It was noticeable against Soton that when Dele came on, he was able to link with both of them . I still think there is something underlying going on between Son and Lucas.

Perhaps he should have borrowed a tactic from his past. Or maybe he simply concluded he had no one capable of silencing the irrepressible Grealish, of taking Villa’s best player out of the game and reducing the contest to 10 against 10. Serge Aurier kept fouling him – “three whacks on Jack,” as the Villa manager Dean Smith phrased it – while Toby Alderweireld could not get close enough to halt him. Dier, meanwhile, spent much of his time pointing, some of it shouting and not enough actually doing. At 26, he already looks an ex-footballer.
It is unfortunate, yet oh so true. We're kind of playing with 10 and a half men at the moment when he is in the team.

851B792D-A979-475D-964F-0871FAE63617.png

I think he is an excellent player BUT he get away with many a slip being called a foul!
But Dele is not dissimilar!
He is much worse than Dele
He got tapped yesterday by winks and he went and fell the opposite direction like he had been maimed
Would be useful in Europe TBF
I think he is a very good player but I’m not sure who would buy him as i can’t see where he fits in, in some sides

He got tapped yesterday by winks and he went and fell the opposite direction like he had been maimed
I think he is a very good player but I’m not sure who would buy him as i can’t see where he fits in, in some sides

there’s always room for a good player?

I watched the game again last night and I thought he was superb. I also think he leads by example and everything Villa do goes through him. So I would buy him on the basis that he would be that leader in midfield that we have long lacked. But two things he was fudging me off how easily he went over and he was knackered in the last 10 minutes.

Back