• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

Son got done for less
Exactly. I can accept that referees make mistakes from time to time (although less so now that there is VAR, as they have no excuse anymore), but I find it hard to accept this kind of inconsistency. If one type of offence is a red card one week, it has to be a red card the next week and the week after that. Personally, I thought Son's red card was harsh as he used no force and there was very little contact, but the officials set the standard. The VAR ruled it a red card, and they ruled it a red card again after our appeal. After that process, I can't understand how Maguire's action is not a red card. It's a pure contradiction. But perhaps there are different rules for different teams still?

Ok, I am happy Maguire wasn't sent off as I don't want Chelsea to win, but how the hell was that any less of a red card than what Son was sent off for earlier this season.
I don't want anything to go in favor of the chavs, but what Maguire did was far worse than what Son did! Brush of the chest = Red card. Kick in the nuts = perfectly ok.
VAR is so inconsistent it's a joke!

Back