• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

I wouldn’t be. He would have been fine for us 10 years ago when the club’s ambition was top 4/top 6. But we have moved on and have bigger goals. He’s just not quick enough nor does he excel at anything unfortunately. He does most things at 6/7 out of 10 but I think we need a player who is can reach 8 or 9 even if they have the odd shortcoming. Someone like Kyle Walker for example although I’m not suggesting we go for him.

I can not agree with that at all, but Stop! Hammer time and i guess we will see what Jose feels about it when Davies is back.

I wouldn’t be. He would have been fine for us 10 years ago when the club’s ambition was top 4/top 6. But we have moved on and have bigger goals. He’s just not quick enough nor does he excel at anything unfortunately. He does most things at 6/7 out of 10 but I think we need a player who is can reach 8 or 9 even if they have the odd shortcoming. Someone like Kyle Walker for example although I’m not suggesting we go for him.
He excels at being a good left back. There aren't many better in the Premier league!

I'm glad to have Davies back and sharing the left-back spot with both Tanganga and Sessegnon - that's us sorted in that position..

I feel that our poorest performances of late has been when we've been up against good pressing...Tanganga and Sessegnon have been decent but when called upon, both Rose and, Jan surprisingly, have played hurried football under pressure and ball possession has all to often been lost cheaply by them.

Rose's departure and Davies coming in will be an upgrade, as he offers composure on the ball that is much required. Jan, I feel will now only get picked as a CH...

It is good to have him back but I'm with the thought train that he's good enough is most games but we should strive for better. Same applies to Foul Throw on the right hand side of defence. We're stuck with them both until the summer but we had better be scouting for upgrades.

Davies and Sessengon as LB options, with Tanganga switching there if needed is enough depth given relative priorities

Ahead of signing a LB, I would put a CB, RB, back-up CF and possibly a DM. I dont see us spending money on a LB given all those are needed

Tanganga must have been watching Aurier and Davies today and thinking 'Jeez, I can do better than that'

Amateurish from Davies to wait and wait and scythe someone down IN THE BOX! Really amateur. You should never, never do that in the box. Never.

Tanganga must have been watching Aurier and Davies today and thinking 'Jeez, I can do better than that'

Amateurish from Davies to wait and wait and scythe someone down IN THE BOX! Really amateur. You should never, never do that in the box. Never.

Aurier was OK

Worse is offering nothing going forward. The number of times he had 30 yards of space in front of him only to pass it back to Toby.

Almost everyone didn’t turn up as Spurs tend to do in big games but I’m sure Davies’ fans will still defend him for giving away the penalty but could only imagine the pelters Rose would get. He’s not Danny Rose though so it’s fine. We can tolerate reliable but uninspiring performances.

Almost everyone didn’t turn up as Spurs tend to do in big games but I’m sure Davies’ fans will still defend him for giving away the penalty but could only imagine the pelters Rose would get. He’s not Danny Rose though so it’s fine. We can tolerate reliable but uninspiring performances.
Clumsy tackle but had he not gone for it the guy was walking through on goal 8 yards out, he had to do something and seeing as he was left 3 on 1 people are cutting him some slack.

not sure what any of that has to do with Danny Rose though?

Back