• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Absolutely.
It is amazing to me that he has become such a talisman for judgement by others. I laugh when I read people wanting him to "stop" with the "flicks and tricks"...it is beyond my comprehension that some people want to see rare insouciant cheek and skill swapped out for Noble-esque drudge and battle "qualities". Thankfully, such a dire command is literally beyond Dele's comprehension.

1 in 10 flicks pay off and the ones that don’t put us on the back foot. If he actually passed the ball properly instead of trying to be fancy his play would be much more effective. I’m all for players expressing ones self but it has to be in the right place at the right time.

Absolutely.
It is amazing to me that he has become such a talisman for judgement by others. I laugh when I read people wanting him to "stop" with the "flicks and tricks"...it is beyond my comprehension that some people want to see rare insouciant cheek and skill swapped out for Noble-esque drudge and battle "qualities". Thankfully, such a dire command is literally beyond Dele's comprehension.

Never read or heard anyone say anything of the sort.

People have said that trying flicks and tricks while facing your own goal while your team is under pressure is bad, and I for one will stand by that, do those things further up the pitch. Certain times he does himself no favours, he could easily control then pass the ball, but tries something more speculative just because.

People have also complained that his playing style is not suited to playing deeper in midfield which isn't exactly his thought.

For what's it worth I thought he played ok today. Took the wrong options when it mattered but so did everyone else.

Absolutely.

It’s not about stopping the flicks completely. It’s about learning that there is a time and place to do them. It’s about decision making and end product. He has been miles better this season compared to the last 18 months where a braver manager would have sidelined him. Poch did many great things for us but I do believe he was too loyal to certain players at times. I will admit I have high standards for Alli. Do I think he been at his best for the last 24 months? For the most part honestly I don’t believe he has. But that is only because he was so brilliant in his first two seasons and I think he is capable of being one of the best attacking midfielders in the world if he improves in certain areas.

I want him to be more concerned about his decision making and ball retention.
He is not at the level where he can pull off those cheeky skills, makes him look immature, and we'll right for the manager to take him off.
No question about his passion and loyalty though, but it's goals that count.
Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I cant only explain my thoughts on Dele in videogames terms:
He's a constant L2 + R2 + R + Direction + X type of player.
When sometimes, just sometimes, you wish he'd just fudging O the ball.

Last edited:
I cant only explain my thoughts on Dele in videogames terms:
He's a constant L2 + R2 + R + Direction + X type of player.
When sometimes, just sometimes, you wish he'd just fudging O the ball.

if you change your controls to alternate it's a lot easier to fake shot.

just saying

He was ok
Guilty of mussing chances but so did everyone

I stopped counting at 5 mate, should have had a hatrick.

Problem is as other have said

- He hasn't really stepped up his game in a couple of years (improvement wise), he's marginally better under Jose primarily due to positioning
- He was always wasteful, typical Dele game is miss two sitters then score the difficult one, unfortunately yesterday he put away none.
- His decision making re the flicks or overdone play or just going for the simple pass occasionally still needs work (we already have two heads down players in Son & Lucas, we can't afford a third)

The talent is there, but he really has to make up his mind to be a better player, to lead.

I'll say it again, next season with a fit Kane, Son, Lo Celso, SB, N'domebele, +DM with rotational options of Lucas, Lamela, Gedson, Sessegnon in midfield, Dele could struggle to be in first 11 if he doesn't step up.

I stopped counting at 5 mate, should have had a hatrick.

Problem is as other have said

- He hasn't really stepped up his game in a couple of years (improvement wise), he's marginally better under Jose primarily due to positioning
- He was always wasteful, typical Dele game is miss two sitters then score the difficult one, unfortunately yesterday he put away none.
- His decision making re the flicks or overdone play or just going for the simple pass occasionally still needs work (we already have two heads down players in Son & Lucas, we can't afford a third)

The talent is there, but he really has to make up his mind to be a better player, to lead.

I'll say it again, next season with a fit Kane, Son, Lo Celso, SB, N'domebele, +DM with rotational options of Lucas, Lamela, Gedson, Sessegnon in midfield, Dele could struggle to be in first 11 if he doesn't step up.

With a fit Kane, Dele will be the next on the team sheet playing off and around him!!!

With a fit Kane, Dele will be the next on the team sheet playing off and around him!!!

At who's expense?

Son, SB, Lo Celso, N'dombele look likely to be first choice, add a DM and you have one spot with 5 players going for it, this season's Dele doesn't automatically get a spot for me.

Actually more likely Son/Lucas play off Kane, if you look at what Jose is trying to do, counter attack with pace is clearly the objective and several quicker players in side.

At who's expense?

Son, SB, Lo Celso, N'dombele look likely to be first choice, add a DM and you have one spot with 5 players going for it, this season's Dele doesn't automatically get a spot for me.

Actually more likely Son/Lucas play off Kane, if you look at what Jose is trying to do, counter attack with pace is clearly the objective and several quicker players in side.

It's not so much quicker players but better ball carriers, all of Son, Bergwijn,and Lucas are far better dribbles to go along with being faster on with the ball at their feet.

For me Dele's automatic selection is up for consideration as I think we have other options that are equally viable. It remains to be seen what direction Mou wants to go in, so his place may be safe but I think he's less guaranteed starts than he was under Poch.

I dont think Ndombele is a likely first choice at the moment. In terms of raw ability he clearly would be, but application and work-rate so far has been pretty darn poor, hence him being on the bench at the moment and Gedson coming on in preference to him in the last couple games. And if application and work-rate etc are the same at the start of next season, then he won't be first choice then either

At who's expense?

When Kane's fit, Lucas sits back on the bench.

Yes you have. In fact, there is an example in the last burst of answers. By the way, how many “tricks snd flicks” have lead to us conceding goals?

Sorry Steff but this is a classic case of outcome bias. Why does it have to lead to a goal to be considered bad play? What if it leads to us being under pressure? And that constant pressure leads to a goal.

Alli has credit in back from his first two seasons I get it. Son has even more though. Son is our most consistent player over the last 3 years and he is arguably the only player other than Kane who should be considered automatic first choice. Like I said before, I think a braver manager would have benched Alli at times over the last 2 years. I must admit I was screaming at him to pass when he scored that great goal at Everton. He made me look like a fool so what do I know? It’s about improving his end product. He’s not infallible or beyond criticism. Gareth Southgate clearly thinks he hasn’t been at his best too as he has dropped Alli from the England set up altogether after being one England’s key players.

Alli has credit in back from his first two seasons I get it. Son has even more though. Son is our most consistent player over the last 3 years and he is arguably the only player other than Kane who should be considered automatic first choice. Like I said before, I think a braver manager would have benched Alli at times over the last 2 years. I must admit I was screaming at him to pass when he scored that great goal at Everton. He made me look like a fool so what do I know? It’s about improving his end product. He’s not infallible or beyond criticism. Gareth Southgate clearly thinks he hasn’t been at his best too as he has dropped Alli from the England set up altogether after being one England’s key players.

He is a brilliant player, my opinion is often the game is too easy for him, I would not be surprised if he has a good game mid-week and/or against Chelsea (he tends to lift game against bigger opponents)

My opinion is Dele is a better version of Jenas, and if he doesn't wake up, he will have the same regrets that Jenas often expresses now, what could have been.

Jose certainly has enough balls to bench him if we have better options, if that happens, i hope he has the right reaction to it.

When we move to 4-3-3 Dele will seriously have to adapt his game
He has the tools but he is such an instinctive player I’m not sure he has the vision for the midfield role and I think Bergwein and Son will own the tracking roles with Kane
Would be a nice problem to have

When we move to 4-3-3 Dele will seriously have to adapt his game
He has the tools but he is such an instinctive player I’m not sure he has the vision for the midfield role and I think Bergwein and Son will own the tracking roles with Kane
Would be a nice problem to have

What I'd really like to see Jose do is create pairs/groups out of our AM's for rotation/types of games

- e.g. Son +SB +Lo Celso, next rotation being Lucas +? +?

So players have more familiarity vs. random rotation

He is a brilliant player, my opinion is often the game is too easy for him, I would not be surprised if he has a good game mid-week and/or against Chelsea (he tends to lift game against bigger opponents)

My opinion is Dele is a better version of Jenas, and if he doesn't wake up, he will have the same regrets that Jenas often expresses now, what could have been.

Jose certainly has enough balls to bench him if we have better options, if that happens, i hope he has the right reaction to it.

I think that is a very good point, Jenas should have been a far better player then he was because he had it all but for whatever reason he only showed it off and on. I think Alli is far more mentally stronger though so lets hope he shows it.

I think that is a very good point, Jenas should have been a far better player then he was because he had it all but for whatever reason he only showed it off and on. I think Alli is far more mentally stronger though so lets hope he shows it.
Jena's was like Sissoko, an athlete rather than a football player. They look like they have the attributes due to their physical prowess but they lack footballing ability and or understanding.

Back