• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gedson Fernandes

Don't get me started on that. I'm just hoping I'm wrong. He is a strange player to watch. I can't put finger on why he just looks physically odd when running.
Looks vigorous one minute then.........
He has an awkward way of running - seems off balance half the time.

If you watch some of the scouting videos from before he joined us, it seems he's always run like that.

Big lad with bundles of talent. I'm curious to see how he develops as over these past few cameo's he's looked a real player.

I really like this kid! Puts in a proper shift, puts himself about, and has lots of skill. Can become a great player for us!

Hard to tell at the moment. Two good cameos in recent weeks but looked very ordinary when he's started. Still very early days.

I don't understand why you would leave Winks out, his form has been excellent this last month. He really seems to be responding to Mourinho and is a lot more direct in his passing now. His ball to Bergwijn for the penalty was excellent.
Because some people still cannot see and understand how he plays
Yet strangely the managers do

Winks' recent improvement has solidified him as being a first team member for me and has lessened the immediate need for a DM, but he's not untouchable. yesterday was a good reminder that Winks' performances rely very much on who he is paired with. Recent games with Lo Celso have been of high quality but yesterday in the first half especially when playing with Dier he looked poor. It's just a brick pairing that does neither any favours.

I would like to see Gedson tried in that position just so we know whether he is suited or not. If not I think we still need a DM or more defensively minded player in the summer because as much as Winks tries there are times he seems easily bypassed. But then for me he's not really a DM but I guess he is the best we have for that position at the moment.

Another moment of flair in his cameo yesterday. Hard to describe it but he was down the right and sort of swept the ball past the defender from a standing start. It was half tackle, would love to see it again to see exactly what he did.

Back