• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Villa

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Greilish watch, had a lot of the ball, Villa put everything through him, but ultimately he did fudge all and lost to a 2 out of 10 Spurs performance.

To be fair he made them tick and they were all over us in patches, he made toby look like a Sunday league footballer on more than 1 occasion and was unlucky not to get an assists. If he was in a spurs shirt and performed like that i feel your opinion may have changed.

We've got too many midfielders to squeeze him in imo. Dele's position would be under threat but we don't need to go spending the money on Grealish when there are position's we really need upgrades in.
Maddison over Grealish for me if we were going to pursue one

Dele's position is under threat if he continues like this. His plus point is his link up with Kane and when we play Chelsea - aside from that... Meh!!

To be fair he made them tick and they were all over us in patches, he made toby look like a Sunday league footballer on more than 1 occasion and was unlucky not to get an assists. If he was in a spurs shirt and performed like that i feel your opinion may have changed.

He did get an assist.

He's clearly talented. Could we with do with such guile? For sure. I'd play him deeper and we'd have a midfielder who can play through a press. He's worth £40m imo.

Dele's position is under threat if he continues like this. His plus point is his link up with Kane and when we play Chelsea - aside from that... Meh!!

Yes, will be interesting to see whehter Ndombele or Gedson start on Wed, and how much rotation there is ahead of chelsea

Because we were poor. Villa were awful. And we should have easily been 2-0 down.

We were wasteful and not amazingly tight at the back. But I wouldn't say we were poor.

We could have been 2-0 down or we could have been about 5-1 up at one point. You can't just use all of their chances as barn door goals and ignore the huge amount of chances we created.

Of course I'd have loved a dominant 3-0 win with no effort exerted, especially before 2 huge matches this week. But that isn't what happened and we got the 3 points anyway.

I feel we played better today and had more of a structure (whether you like that structure is another matter of course) than some of the early games under Mourinho, where I genuinely felt we were just sitting back and hoofing the ball long. There's progress there. And we're picking up points in the meantime.

Back