• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

I don’t really see them losing any players over this. “Wanting to play champions league football”, “playing for a club who can match my ambition” etc, are all just footballer code words for “pay me lots and lots of lovely fudging money’.

and City do pay lots and lots.

And lots.

If the ban is upheld and they get kicked out of Europe they will have to pay less as their income will be less in future.

If the ban is upheld and they get kicked out of Europe they will have to pay less as their income will be less in future.
They’ve never had enough income to pay the wages they pay.

Eg Mancini was paid £1.4m pa by City, and on the same day signed a contract to be an ‘Arab sports Advisor’ to a shadow company for £1.7m pa.

Players image rights are no longer paid by the club. They are paid again by shadow companies so the cost doesn’t touch the club.

This only stops when the Sheikh leaves. I don’t know how much power Eufa have to control things like that, behind bans and sanctions which might damage the reputation enough to make the Sheikh go.

City will appeal to CAS and if that fails to the Swiss courts, so I doubt it will be finished soon. They have threaten UEFA with legal action before and will be prepared. While there can be no doubt that their sponsorships are dodgy (i.e. not independent), UEFA have passed them before for City and PSG. Here we have a procedure where one of those involved said he wanted City banned before the process started. I can't see the courts letting that pass.

This is an existential crisis for City as one of the big clubs. The lack of CL football would leave a huge hole in their budget, which means they might have to dismantle the squad to meet PL and UEFA financial fair play rules. They need to be in compliance if they want to return to the CL, but being in compliance without the CL money and qualifying for the CL (let alone challenging for the title) will be very difficult unless the players take massive pay cuts. Expect some rats to scuttle elsewhere.

So City have to fight and their owners will throw everything at it. It's a vanity project for a nation, after all. If City go down the owners will do everything in their power to take UEFA down with them. Their previous threat to bankrupt UEFA might not be empty and I don't think UEFA officials will want some things in the open. A deal might still be possible.

Meanwhile PSG might discover that more children of senior UEFA officials have unique talents that deserve well rewarded jobs.

They should be demoted from the EPL also but not sure what can be done.

A points deduction by the sounds of things. A PL investigation is already underway and from what I have read this morning, the PL will wait for the outcome of this UEFA case/appeal. If City are adjudged to have provided false information to UEFA, then that infers they would have provided the same false information to the PL, and a points deduction is the most likely punishment.
What I don't fully understand is that the below article is saying that the points deduction would in effect be meaningless as City aren't in a title race and CL qualification would be irrelevant. In which case it is hardly a punishment - shouldn't they rather start next season with the deduction?
Also how long will it take for the CAS appeal to take place? Is it likely to happen before end of the season?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...e-premier-points-uefa-fair-play-a9336946.html

Last edited:
i dont think this is a great move by uefa long term. city will either win the appeal, or surely it'll just expedite the creation of the super league

i dont think this is a great move by uefa long term. city will either win the appeal, or surely it'll just expedite the creation of the super league

Fingers crossed, even after appeal they still miss 1 seasons, lose Pep, cant attract any major stars, have a bit of a dip, the same happens to PSG or someone else.... and it starts to send a message that FFP actually means something.

Although you are right UEFA will prob think, " well that's enough punishment for a few years, let's not tinkle of the big boys too much"

The same rules must be extended to all leagues!
Yes PSG and City are two big examples, I also think the same account forensics should apply to Barcelona Real and Juve.
No club should immune from these rules!

PSG negotiated their way out of it, using Gianni Infantino as their "advisor", and got away with a 18 million fine, and "restructuring" their commercial income deals. City tried the same, but refused to adopt the method suggested by Infantino.
An internal email leaked, showed that they'd rather spend 10 years and 100 million using the best Lawers, than accept the compromise suggested by Infantino.

The same rules must be extended to all leagues!
Yes PSG and City are two big examples, I also think the same account forensics should apply to Barcelona Real and Juve.
No club should immune from these rules!
Those three clubs are huge and have massive genuine incomes. It would be far more difficult to prove any stuffing of their figures.

Clubs like Chelsea and City are tiny little clubs with no fanbase upon which to base their supposed sponsorship valuations - much easier to prove.

Back